Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Rare AAR?

12K views 38 replies 26 participants last post by  BryanB 
#1 ·
I saw a 1970 Plymouth AAR sell for only $37,000 on Barrett-Jackson today. It had a column-shift automatic.

I thought AARs and Challenger T/As only came with floor-mounted slap-stick autos or 4-speed manuals. Anyone ever hear of this??

#32 ·
baccaruda
I have seen that color combination several times(blue on blue and green on green)
but tor-red is pretty close to orange. A color combo of orange and red doesn't strike me as a color combo that I have ever seen. I also think they might have made an error in the magazine, or that is one rare car??????????

#37 ·
The standard transmission was either a "Column-Shifted - 3-speed Manual or automatic with the 340 4bbl./6bbl. 1970 cars. The Slap Stick auto w/console and 4-speed with/without console were optional.

I saw in a Mopar magazine back in the '90s a 340 - 3speed Manual on the floor. It was at Carlisle on the showfield, too.

#39 ·
A few years ago when I was looking for an E-Body, I test drove one of the very few TX9 black T/A Challengers with a column shift auto.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.