Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Solo Exhaust Installed

9K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  Intruder196 
#1 · (Edited)
I had the new Solo Performance Exhaust system installed Saturday 4/15/12. It sounds great and no highway drone.:alfdance:

Attachments

See less See more
#11 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone, I absolutly love the Solo system.

So you must have an auto RT since you have the j pipes? I think the manual RT use the one without the j pipes, correct?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Yes I have the auto RT and that is why I went with the J-pipe, even though I have the MDS system shut off.

I have not done any adjusting yet. I want to put a few hundred miles on it to break them in before I make any adjustments. But so far I have not seen any need for adjustments.

#10 ·
Congrats! I had my Solo system installed last week also and I love it. I have a 6 speed but went with the J Pipe just to be sure I'd get no drone. I originally had blastin bobs perf core glasspacks in place of the stock resonators and the drone (to me) was horrible. (not a knock on BB, lots of people love them, I'm just not one of them) Zero drone with the Solo, just great Hemi sounds.

#12 ·
I also have the BB glass packs on my manual RT. I do like them and there really isn't any annoying drone for me. Just more cabin noise under load. I don't like the farting sound under WOT. Eventually I will be going SOLO. Hmmmm...To j pipe or not to j pipe.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#13 ·
We got ours at Challengerfest last year and I love it! The tips look cool and the rumble is awesome. I am still learning what different terms like "drone" mean so I can't offer feedback there. But it has been a whole year and I am still in love with it.

#14 ·
Solo Exhaust

Hi folks I also just ordered a solo system with the quad square tips for my r/t classic automatic, after deleting the suitcase muffler, running straight pipe then adding different mufflers I just couldn`t take it anymore lol, just wondering if you guys with the autos still like the sound and if you get any drone? I have the MDS disabled via a 91 CAI tune so I am hoping there wont be any drone just the sweet music of the hemi. Thanks

#15 ·
I've had mine now for about 1,000 miles and couldn't be happier. I also have an auto and the only "bad"'sound I get on the highway is the weird tone change when it goes into MDS mode. But since it only last the one second it takes to switch, I don't consider it an issue and that isn't the exhaust systems fault. I have the setup with J pipes and so far I don't see any reason to adjust them, but it is nice to know I can if need be. I think you will be extremely pleased with your choice, and since you have disabled the MDS you won't hear the MDS switch anyway. Also, I can vouch for what Solo claims about the sound getting even better after 500-1000 miles, it's even more deep sounding now.

Enjoy!

#16 ·
Solo Exhaust

Thanks man sounds great , cant wait to get the exhaust and install it. Did you feel any increase in horsepower / torque as this system claims some pretty big numbers ? Also did the interior sound increase much over the stock system when just idling or in light traffic ? Thanks again man.

#17 ·
Horsepower is tough to tell until you get into much higher numbers but the low end torque feels a little more responsive than stock. Plus the increased sound at takeoff definitely enhances the experience. Either way it feels better. As far as cabin sound, it's a little louder but you can still easily hear the radio or keep a conversation. Start up is noticeable louder and deeper than stock, idle is a little louder as well. Acceleration is much louder than stock, and WOT is freakin awesome and sounds like flames are shooting out of the pipes. Overall it is definitely louder and deeper than stock, and is definitely an everyday drivers system. You will not annoy the neighbors, but you will not get that really loud idle at stop lights or at slow cruising speeds that you would get with a Flowmaster system. The trade off is worth it too me.

Good luck.

#19 ·
SOLO

Hi I just installed my Solo exhaust system today with j-pipes on my 2010 rt auto, it took me two hours on my back with a set of ramps, it all lined up real nice. The sound at idle and at crusing is just a little louder than stock, but its deeper than stock, the sound at WOT is like freaking amazing, its like the perfect system quiet on the inside until you get on it, and then its like the gates of hell opens up at wot lol. Out crusing today and the compliments on the exhaust are just awesome. I have MDS all ready disabled and I get no drone or at least no more than the stock setup, the quad square tips look great also and fill the holes so much nicer than the original tips, LOVE MY SOLO.:clap:

#20 ·
I have zero complaints after over 3 years with the Solo catback. It sounds great, especially at full throttle at the 1-2 shift. If I would do anything different, I would have passed on the BB reso deletes and gone straight to the Solo. They actually don't sound all that much different at full throttle, but at 45MPH, the drone was too much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.