Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums - View Single Post - Fiat-Chrysler Future US Lineup Revealed
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 01:41 PM

Photos: (0)
Originally Posted by BADASSRT8 View Post
I got news on the future of the Challenger yesterday while my car was being serviced.I spoke to the service manager which happens to be a big challenger srt8 fan and has one of the fastest srt8 here in Florida. He states this is stright from dodge. The next generation of the challenger will be offered in 2 variants. The 392 6.4 and a supercharged 6.2. I forgot what the h.p numbers are. I'm disabled and have a memory issue.But when he said SC 6.2 I said I gotta have this. One thing I remember was that the sc variant is much faster then the 6.4. It's suppose to be as fast or faster then the gt500.
In order to be faster than the GT500, they would have to pump out more than 700 at the crank unless they found a way to drop over 600 pounds from the car. If this is the case, the tranny and drivetrain must also all be upgraded so this will be interesting.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using AutoGuide.Com Free App
2011 392 IE 6M White with Blue #164
Mods in order:
SLP Loud Mouth Exhaust
Mopar CAI
B & G 93 Octane Tune
Hop Not Stage 2 Kit
Nitto 555R's 275 x 40 x 20 (Rear only)