Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Trinity before & after impressions please?

18K views 67 replies 37 participants last post by  the sko 
#1 ·
YOU WOULD THINK THAT AFTER ANNOUNCING TUNING IS AVAILABLE FROM DIABLO PEOPLE WOULD BE POSTING COMMENTS AND REVIEWS ABOUT THE RESPONSE OF THE PRODUCT ALONG WITH MORE EFFORTLESS BURNOUT VIDEOS. I SOLD MINE BUT NOW IT LOOKS LIKE I HAVE TO STEP UP AND BUY ANOTHER. I WILL PRODUCE A STEP BY STEP INSTALLATION VID FOR :twak:DUMMIES ALONG WITH VIDEO DRIVING IMPRESSIONS.

WITH MY 6.1 CHALLENGER WITH THE 93 OC TUNE I FELT A BETTER THROTTLE RESPONSE, TAB BIT MORE TORQUE AND HORSEPOWER. THE POWER WAS IMMEDIATE WITH HARDLY NO LAG. I AM EXPECTING ALL THE ABOVE AND MORE WITH OUR 392'S.

#2 ·
I love the caps.....outside of that I FEEL YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how could everyone bi#ch for so long and then no one talk about the tuning???????????

I need some dyno numbers. I will be buying mine in a month or so and really need info.....there are guys with deeper pockets then mine who are being stingy with their results. Or they don't give a damn about tuning just complaining.

#4 ·
I only have an R/T, but today I will be installing my tune and will post report by 5pm!!!

#9 ·
R/T here but mine is showing up today, will post as soon as I know something.

#10 · (Edited)
I have the 93 tune loaded, but unfortunately I don't have a lot of launch miles on it so far. Tuck10, the butt dyno tells me it does all of the things you mentioned it did for your 6.1 and maybe a little more :icon_cool: Mine is a M6 and it really takes off nice now, very impressed with the changes made.

I have had a Predator tune in my 5.7 RAM pickup for several years and it seems to make the same type of changes to the engine - throttle response is better, a bump in HP and torque you can actually feel, instant power, smoother power band, and on a 3 hour interstate drive I took last Sunday I picked up 1 mpg. I would say I am very happy with it so far.

#12 ·
too funny, it would be nice if someone who bought/is buying one will do a before and after dyno session. I put no level of credit in butt dynos.

My red TA had a blown piston and was down over 80 rwhp and I could NOT feel it with my butt dyno. only way I knew was my 1/4 mile times were down.

#13 ·
If you think a change in tune only from a factory program is going to be earth shattering, think again..

The tuner's new programming may make shifting & fuel/spark more aggressive as well as zero-ing out torque management, to make the car drive noticeably better, but its not unleashing 50 hidden RWHP.....

#14 ·
ok so hears what i think

i orderd mine last week, and had them throw in a ported T.B 87 in just to make it a even 1000$ i did the tune last night and my only complant is it was a little confusing dont read the instructions that come with the tuner it waisted about 15 min of my time... ok so my butt dyno says oh ya but then when thats my butt so i called a local dyno shop today he was closed but, if hes reasonable i will do a stock run and my 87tb w tune run.... just to see what the combo did. there is def a gain, we will see

#16 ·
I await the results guys. Thanks a million!!!! I know it isn't track season and people are recovering from the hurricane and all that stuff but numbers on the dyno are best!

good luck! I hope just for funzies that it unlocks the extra 50 thhat came with the crate engine.

#19 · (Edited)
good luck! I hope just for funzies that it unlocks the extra 50 thhat came with the crate engine.

Just FYI, this 6.4 VCT motor is not like the 6.1-based 392 crate engine that has been out for several years.

#17 · (Edited)
My brother has his Trinity and mine will be delivered today. We are going to a track over in Cincinnatti on Saturday and I plan on making runs with both the B&G ECU and the Trinity. Will post up comparisons afterward.

Reactions: SRT8U and KJ392
#21 · (Edited)
I dont have any dyno numbers but my brothers 12 SRT Charger went from conistant 8.2/8.4 to an easy 7.9 in the 1/8th last night.

All he did was install the 93 octane tune.

Yes the air down here in FL was nice and cool last night but not .3 tenths worth...Diable had something to do with it IMO.

#23 ·
what were the temp differences between the 82/84 runs versus the 7.9 run?

I can go from a 12.8 in 90 degrees to a 12.2 in 50 degree weather with no change other than temperature.

#25 ·
There's deff a difference. I even had the B&G for awhile before installing the DS 91OCT tune.
Turned off ESP COMPLETELY
Throttle boost 20%
Fan temps lowered
Little more fuel
Mds off
Rev/speed limiter increased
Firmer shifts
Reset tcm (fuse 2)

All this PLUS the 91 oct canned tune = very nice difference. I can honestly say this is the one and only mod I actually felt in my seat. And one of the cheapest that will allow endless opportunities for future improvements. Without a doubt this is a MUST do mod

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App

#26 ·
So it's safe to say that the diablo is better than b&g as far as your experience?

#27 ·
My trinity will be here tomorrow. My M6 is nearly stock for now so I. Not expecting much. For that reason I don't think I will be spending any $ on before and after dyno. I will probably make some pre and post 0-60 and 1/4 miles using the evic. That's mostly for ****s and giggles though, not scientific data. I will get on the dyno before and after I do things specifically meant to add power. Which is ultimately why I bought the trinity.

#30 ·
I will be abandoning the b&g tune as well so I can adjust the new parameters when the cmr comes out
Sound like everyone is happy with the diablo tune

#35 ·
Just ordered the trinity today will have b&g comparisons also

Reactions: SRT8U
#37 ·
Installed mine today. When you turn off mds will the screen still prompt Eco? I don't hear the octave change in the exhaust so I think it's disabled. Just wanted to see if anyone knows.

Sent from my VS910 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#39 ·
This has already been mentioned in a couple of threads...

The ECO and MDS are separate. The ECO light comes on whenever you are "saving" gas (usually coasting or decelerating). You can turn off the ECO light in the EVIC under the Personal Settings sub-menu (at least I think that's where I remember doing it on my old R/T).

#38 ·
Trinity Tuner

Have a general question about the capability of the turner. I plan to get one and use it to tune my 2012 RT, after doing that can the same device be used to read codes on other cars, being used a diagnostic tool and not a tuner on thise other cars. Just be nice to have a multi tasking tool rather than have it specifically for 1 car only???

#42 ·
So a few people said they'd report back. I guess they tuned and have been driving non-stop ;) How about a check in and some updates now that we are a few months in? I have some tax return money burning a hole in my pocket.

The only mod I have in my 2011 R/T c is the Zoomer exhaust. I've been thinking about a ported TB and getting this tuner. Love to hear some up to date experiences now that it's been out for a few months.

Also, if you have the Trinity, are you driving with it mounted to your windshield, custom mounted somewhere else, or not mounted at all? Thanks!

#43 ·
I would say its a decent bump in power. Especially with throttle boost. I did have the b&g tune prior. So it was a gradual power bump from stock for sure. Ask the mustang bullitt that I just walked :D

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#45 ·
My Trinity is on the way. I splurged and bought a few new mods as well. I've tried searching this forum for as many tidbits as I could. I also bought a single gauge pod pillar mount, so when I get everything installed I will be sharing the pics, and maybe write up a quick review in a separate thread. And I'll make sure I'll follow though. It bugs me when you are following a thread and people say they will post pics and then . . nada!

Two questions that I haven't really found the answer to:

1) If my area doesn't offer 93 octane, don't run that tune right? (duh) If I use 92 Octane.. run the lower tune?? I need to check other gas stations in the area to see what they offer.

2) Is there anything I need to do to adjust for the Zoomers exhaust? It's the only real mod I've done.
Thanks.

#46 ·
great info guys thanx!
i plan to go Monday to get a trinity tuner as well i can admit i am scared to get it because i am afraid of messing with the originality of the car. or problems with the dealer when i go for maintenance or what not. or even engine breakdowns right away =[

i do want to get the tuner and still be able to use it as daily driver and i already have a MOPAR CAI and ful exhaust from sebring tuning

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.