Dodge Challenger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

car is going back to stock and im out, boys and girls.

23K views 224 replies 73 participants last post by  Rambit 
#1 ·
so i wanted to say bye to the forum, ive spent so much time on and appreciate what some of you peeps have done and thank the guys that have helped me here.

the speed bug is just to much and im going to pursue that.

im sure some will be curious as to what im going to get *moving to get behind something, to avoid things that are thrown at me* , after seeing the 2013 mustang refresh it has converted me to go that route. The gt with track package gets me 420 hp (top engine technology) 3.73 limited slip gears, 6 piston brakes (and other fun stuff) and the tech. is way ahead of the challenger and i like that, the interior is way better for under 33k and slapping on the brenspeed s/c kit pushes it to 585rwp and 510 tq and will high mid to high 10's all day long. that is just to good for me to pass up.

ive like the stangs but the look was not quite there for me, but the 2013 refresh put me over the edge and being that i pass almost as many challengers as i do mustangs now, the rareity is lossing it edge.

so its been fun and i love my car and the challengers in general.

so thanks for the good times and be on the look out for a bunch of stuff for sale in the coming weeks.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

See less See more
#200 ·
Amen on first world problems. You hit the nail on the head. :) I count my blessings every day. And yeah, The Charger got it right...I just don't know why Ford doesn't do more like they did with the California Special old school lights (aka Cougar lights). Ford practically OWNS that interpretation. I for one will not do the sequential on my car since that is, IMO, a Ford thing...Cougar/Thunderbird thing to be exact. If Ford would change the rear lights so as not to look "kicked in the rear", they would have it made.

#201 ·
Well if Ford continues the way they have in the past then the 2015 IRS might bolt in without a ton of trouble. Same way people were swapping or removing the Cobra IRS in an older generation of the stang. You had cobra guys who wanted a solid axle for dragging slapping on the GT type solid without much hassle.
I had a few fox stangs and once I was used to it I liked the ability to flick the tail around on demand.

#202 ·
Luxury machines and supercars have little to do with $30-50K muscle cars. The latest tech is crammed in the formers because the elite that can afford them demands the best. It's about status, not performance. And trying to emulate that rat race, while cutting all corners possible to meet price points for peons is a fool's game. Those pushrod engines with low outputs lasted forever while still kicking ass. They were plucked off boats and tractors if necessary, not designed to impress nerdy kids with slide rules for girlfriends.

Not only do I have the age perspective (it helps seeing trends clearer and telling fads from real progress), but I lived in Europe where American cars have been seen as crude since the 70s (before that they were viewed as alien spaceships). This attitude is illustrated by the British Top Gear, and I know it all too well. Disdain for old tech. The hidden truth is that if old tech was made with new manufacturing know-how it would last forever, which is not something that any corporation wants to sell. They want to sell you new and they want to sell you flawed. So they feed us the newest crap, rush it to market, and this is why I get to shake my head everytime someone reports not being able to open their car door or having unexplained stalling problems. Some progress.

Yes, the Coyote is amazing. It is also part of a trend that goes against what the traditional muscle car is: macho looks and cheap thrills. Ford has embraced what I call girlie gizmos and FWD for most of its vehicles. In a way, it's a matter of survival because most consumers are fools and are easily manipulated into demanding that (if 4 valves is better, how 'bout 5?! How many you got?). Keep your high outputs - I leave 'em to the Japanese. They allow for smaller and smaller engines that are more and more difficult and expensive to maintain (and proprietary). Muscle don't scream: it's about a visceral experience that's being taken away by politicians and greedy merchants. It's also fairly inappropriate for the current market.

If you have your nose buried in the bench races so much... again, why the Challenger in the first place? It's not for you, especially in V6 form. What I'm getting at is that you are easily led to buy the cool thing of the moment and this drives my point about the age thing. Mature people don't change opinions so much anymore - we've been lied to too many times. You say hi-tech, I say snake oil.

From a pure performance standpoint, it's undeniable that the GT is the best all-around performer. I look at it this way: I don't care how good a guy cooks or dresses, I still prefer a girlfriend. I know you won't get it and you'll argue with it, but see, I've already heard this long ago. The age thing again.

Enjoy. It's a cool and fast car. Doesn't last (in any way) anymore than youthful pursuits do. And I'm done, cause it ain't YouTube and a certain mod's radar is going to get pinged. You get it or you don't (you don't), but if people are rubbed the wrong way by posts like yours, it's not about the Mustang or about performance. It's about denial and the way you defend it, regardless of how many good points (rationalizations) you can make. It's the attitude that irritates, not the choice. Peace.

Reactions: BEIST and Freddy
#203 · (Edited)
your ignorance is nuts and baffling quite frankly!!!!

please dont try and talk from this age/mature pedistal, it shows your closed mindedness...

also ive watched every episode of top gear at least 3x and the only top gear is the british version...im even subscribed to thier magazine...

unless you drive an old 70's car...i dont want to hear about having tech in cars is only for super cars and high end cars...because you have sh!t loads of tech. in your car...power seats, windows, mirrors, steering...a/c (granted these were expensive adds on them back in the day but not a common place thing like it is now a days) air bags, hell your entire ecu and pcm, irs, traction control, 6 speed transmission...want me to keep going? and id bet you wouldnt get the modern challenger with out those power goodies or with out an a/c or the massively improved ride then the ones from the 70's

face it the challenger is not a true muscle car in its true heritage and purity.

as for the japanese comment...honda produced and still holds the record for most hp per liter n/a productiom motor...its easy to work on and the cars good for 250k+...thats impressive tech and not to be scoffed at...

i bet you hate you cell phones and the internet...i bet when the internet came out, it was a fad and couldnt last more then a couple years...because why would anyone need that?

your wrong, i wont argue with you, because your ignorance, closed mindedness and denile is futile to even have a convo. or duscussion with...

ill wait for you to preach from your ivory tower some more...

and your last paragraph is insanely the pot and kettle...

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#205 ·
Like the '60's...Mustangs were in their true form...and naturally beautiful women were FAR more plentiful (of those that were there, few will disagree)...advance a half century...Mustangs remind me of a skinny, cosmetically and surgically enhanced twit with a boob job...I so love the fat bottomed Challenger with her menacing "get the **** out of my way" look.

#206 · (Edited)
Like the '60's...Mustangs were in their true form...and naturally beautiful women were FAR more plentiful (of those that were there, few will disagree)...advance a half century...Mustangs remind me of a skinny, cosmetically and surgically enhanced twit with a boob job...I so love the fat bottomed Challenger with her menacing "get the f**k out of my way" look.
i can see that analogy...but the challenger can thank ford for bringing back the retro look...if that would have never happend and it wouldnt have been so well recieved, i dont think you'd see the challenger we have right now...just my opinion.

#211 ·
The Mustangs are blah, plain ugly little pills.
They're fast, but who cares, every secretary from here to indianapolis is driving one, so go join the secretrary crowd. I'll stay with my awsome Challenger, instead of your boring, cramped little mustang. :rocker:

#213 ·
you've missed the point completely...i was responding to a person who said high tech belongs in super cars and top end luxury...but there was a time that power windows, power mirrors,power seats, a/c, irs, etc (all the things i listed and way more not listed)...were all high tech items at one point and now they are not fads but common place on cars and not a fad, that went away when youth got older and apparently wised up to where much better authorities knew what was a fad or not, because youh is stupid (i hope you sense the seething sarcasim).

im willing to bet that poster would not have a challenger with out those things...i dont hear him dissing the evic readout as a fad or steering wheel controls as a fad...but because apparently the challenger would never have gadets or high tech items, because those are fads and the challenger is true to it roots and sets the precident for the future of all cars, that want to be "muscle", so no items in it that were high tech at one point or high tech now. im pretty sure a screen that tells you your timed stats is actually esstential to driving and not a gadget...god knows the old muscle cars had those on them *rollseyes*

and out of all the things i listed, power seats was all you picked out, it was one example admist a dozen that i thought of in 5 secs to prove cars have massive technology behind them, including the challenger and that technology started in high end cars and are now common place and were NOT fads and are actually considered must haves on cars produced now a days.

Hell there was a time when radios put in cars was a high tech feature and then other ways to listen to music, now blue tooth streaming from your phone can play music or pandora apps...i bet all this will fade and we will go back to no stereo at all in a car (again sarcasim).

#220 ·
For skulls_and_sparrows:

Ya know, this really is turning into a trolling effort and beginning to piss the membership off. I read the whole thread on my phone and that was a challenge. I could easily just close the thread, but much better if you just let it go.

For others:

Stop feeding...

Bernie

#225 ·
Here lies the rotting, putrid smelling corpse of the deceased thread.

May it Rest In Pieces of 8 (SRT8 pieces) and God bless all of your cotton socks. Oh the humanity.

Happy trails to you, until we meet again... See, kids? This is what God does to the bad ones.

Love Bernie

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.