Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Spotted: Upbadging!

24K views 165 replies 64 participants last post by  Madcoder 
#1 ·
I find this comical... :rolleyes:

2012 DODGE CHALLENGER RALLYE REDLINE EDITION - $28950 (MARIETTA)

Date: 2012-11-11, 8:15PM EST
Reply to this postReply to: kvmk8-3403170591@sale.craigslist.org[Errors when replying to ads?]

2012 Dodge Challenger Rallye Redline Edition with only 530 miles. Loaded, leather, automatic stick-shift, 20" redline wheels/tires, dual exhaust, R/T grille logo, etc. Strong 3.6L V6, 305 horsepower, 27 mpg highway. No tax, private owner. $28,950 obo 4O4-518-7551, please no calls after 9:00 pm.Keywords: hemi charger mustang camaro ss big block shelby cobra mopar cuda srt srt8

http://images.craigslist.org/3G33L33Hc5L45Ga5Fccbb6a45fbd08e1913ca.jpg

See less See more
#4 ·
The guy clearly doesn't think there's anything wrong with it otherwise he would've taken the R/T emblem down for the sale. Worse, he probably thinks that's an upgrade. And people taking offense to this must seem like crazy fanatics to him. On some level I kinda get it. If you know nothing about guns you might put a ventilated rib on a Smith & Wesson because you think it looks cool, not realizing that you'll piss off a bunch of Python owners while making your Smith worthless. It's just ignorant is all.

Reactions: Mom3n8tr
#10 · (Edited)
oh good another upbadging thread :zzz:
The R/T is more watered down by being on a Caravan than on some V6 challenger LOL

#16 ·
You mean R/T doesn't automajically mean it's got a HEMI?!?!?!

Someone better tell those poor, poor Dodge Caliber R/T and Stratus R/T owners. Oh, and Journey, and Avenger folks.

Personally, I'd never do that with badges. But... :banhim: anyway. :banhim:

:dead: :dead: :dead:

#15 ·
I see this alot on classics. They add the SS (or R/T) badges, but at least they put in the motor and gauges. That's at least "just like a SS" (except for value)

I think it's a little shady to sell a call like that. Someone may not know the difference and assume there is upgraded equipment.

#17 ·
I see this alot on classics. They add the SS (or R/T) badges, but at least they put in the motor and gauges. That's at least "just like a SS" (except for value).
And I think that's cool as long as there's no false advertising; there's a market for replicas. A few years back there was a shop in south LA that bought police Caprices at auctions and made Impala SS's out of them, paint, rims and badges. Everybody knew that they weren't real Impalas (although the police car's VIN was Impala, not Caprice), but some guys wanted them on the cheap. There's also a shop in Culver City making Bullitt replicas with old Mustangs and another somewhere making Eleanor look-alikes, when those cars were not even real to begin with. Finally, back when Mad Max came out a lot of people around the world had no idea what an Australian Falcon was and I saw a Mach 1 made into an 'interceptor' in Paris, France, fake (wood) blower sticking out and all :)ugh2:). It was featured in a French car rag and everyone concerned thought it was the coolest thing, although they were aware of the sacrilege.

All this is very different from this seller and his emblem tacked on a car. I don't think he's fooling anyone, though, but it would be funny if the badge made the sale for some other kid thinking it's a nice 'custom touch'... :shrug03:

#21 ·
Mopar has used the word Hemi and R/T so often on so many different vehicles that they have lost their meaning anyway.Once upon a time,they struck fear into the hearts of muscle car nuts.Now the words mostly mean very little other than to denote a sportier model.

#29 · (Edited)
patch upbadging

If your lucky its a request to turn over the patch on the spot to the Club...less lucky is an ass-whooping, and if you are unfortunate....its a trip to the hospital with an extremely severe ass whooping or death...Patching, posing as a clubmember is about the worst offense one could commit on a bike.

#24 ·
You talking about the biker babe in the rear usually wearing a thong? :sneaky:

#27 ·
hey its his car...he can do as he wishes...

if he wants to put RT/SRT or SRT10 on the grill of his car i think its great.....

i dont see much difference between putting RT or SRT on the grill of a SE vs putting 392 stripes on a SE

to me its the same thing...its someone trying to copy a more expensive model

all you guys say how horrible it is to put RT on the grill, yet if a SE owner makes his car 100% identical to a 392, but does NOT put SRT on it then its great and his choice

#35 ·
i dont see much difference between putting RT or SRT on the grill of a SE vs putting 392 stripes on a SE

to me its the same thing...its someone trying to copy a more expensive model

all you guys say how horrible it is to put RT on the grill, yet if a SE owner makes his car 100% identical to a 392, but does NOT put SRT on it then its great and his choice
The way I see it, stripes and color schemes are a tribute while badges are an impersonation. You can put on a bowling shirt if you like the way Charlie Sheen looks in Two & A Half Men, but if you change your name or get an ID that says Carlos Estevez, then you're going too far. Now I couldn't care less what other people do with their cars either and also think that it's one of the silliest recurring topics.

Reactions: Madcoder
#28 · (Edited)
just wait.....soon enough the chinese will be selling an RT knock off just like the gucci's and fake nike's. He should have just upgraded all the way.....to his credit, and like another poster mentioned, he did mention the v-6. I do like the darker chrome clads....they should put those in the RT Plus

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.