Dodge Challenger Forum banner

R/T to SRT or aftermarket seats.

3K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  OutlawRT 
#1 ·
Hello as some of you know I have an R/T among other things I have done to it I was curious if the SRT seats are really worth $1200 or so. They look amazing but I've never really been in an srt. And I don't know if there are comparable aftemarket to them. I am six foot two and 44 waist. So most aftermarket are too small. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

#2 ·
Go test drive one.....

#3 ·
Test drove the 2012 Challenger SRT and I LOVE the seats! Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my R/T Leather seats but I Like the seats (and the Ride, Breaking, Power etc. etc etc.) of the Challenger SRT much better! :thumbsup:

#8 ·
I didn't care for the SRT seats when I sat in one in 2008 (my car was already on order). Different strokes for different folks.

#10 · (Edited)
Like Go Goody said, best seats ever, I fell and broke my back in Sept of 2010 (split compression fracture of L2 for those medically inclined), bought my SRT8 in Sept of 2012. Up until buying my SRT8 I would dread any drive I had to make that was much over an hour long because of the resulting back pain. The very first weekend I had the car I drove 75 miles to a nearby city, spent about 45 minutes there (mostly walking around), then drove straight home, and arrived with no back pain. The seats simply have great support, side bolsters that wrap around, and unlike so many cars with large side bolsters, they are not sized for toothpick people. If you have not tried them go to your friendly local dodge dealer and ask to sit in a Challenger SRT8.

#11 ·
srt8 seats are one of the few things I wish was an available option on the r/t, they feel better, more supportive and are more comfortable than the r/t seat which i will say isn't that bad either. I test drove both before getting an r/t but really wish i could have got a set of front srt8 seats to make the r/t the perfect driving experience. (for me)
After i changed seatcovers to tan, there is no way I'd switch now as i'd have to get tan covers to match and the seat just isn't uncomfortable enough to justify the switch.

#14 ·
Is this something new?
I'll have to take a closer look next time we're at an event but my RT seats are the same as the SRT seats but without the colored insert. At least mine have purple sticking :)

#15 ·
I sat in a IE 392. #98 to be exact, trying to convince my brother to buy it... and holy #### those seats are comfy. Id spend the money on em, because the only other seats id say get are 1800 each, and those are SPARCO hand made italian leather & CF.

Shifty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.