Dodge Challenger Forum banner

SRT Track Experience Question

4K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  Tony Queen 
#1 ·
I am back after a year and a half in a Camaro SS. Picked up my GWE SRT8 with 3200 miles on it about 4 weeks ago. The question I have is about the SRT track experience. The Carfax report shows the car was only owned a few months from first purchase to trade in. Is there any way to determine if the track experience was used and if not can it be obtained as the second owner?

#3 ·
Thanks for the info. I just found that site after I posted and tried it. It says "You're automatically eligible to participate in the SRT Track Experience without additional charges." so that leads me to believe its not been used. There isn't a schedule to pick from though unless its an iPad limitation. I'll try it on the PC. Thanks again!

#7 · (Edited)
I'm looking forward to seeing the '13 schedule. I fully intend to take advantage of this, particularly since I am paying for it with the car.

#8 ·
You'll have a blast. Make sure that you go to a major NASCAR track, even if you have to travel a distance.

I felt a little cheated when I went. My event was held at a small chewed-up autocross track (Englishtown, NJ) while it was raining. Because of the weather, speeds were limited to about 80 mph, no 1/4 runs (less than an 1/8 mile in the parking lot), and no one was allowed to drive the Viper (it was there only for a photo shoot)!

#10 ·
From what I understand when I talked to the guy who runs the driving school they are pretty relaxed on the issue.

We talked to him at a trade show this past weekend. My brother was worried about his time frame since you only have a year to sign up...he was waiting for me to buy mine so we could go together. Guy said just call if you start to run out of time they will work with you.

I would think if you would call them and explain the situation they would most likely get you in.

#16 ·
You have one year to sign up but you can reschedule and take the track experience later (after your "year" is up).

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#17 ·
They are pretty flexible. They want to get people into the event. I have been every year for 7 years and will go again in 2013. Favorite venues were Watkins Glen anf NJ Motorsports Park, least favorite was Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth and Englishtown, NJ. I have heard VA Motor Speedway is a great place to go for the Track Experience day.

#22 ·
Without reading all these replies, I totally agree on going to either VIR (which I did and had a BLAST) or Road Atlanta (which I am going to do with this SRT Experience) or any other road course track.

Also, as other have said and you have found out, they will let you know if the Experience has been used yet. The REALLY sad thing is, they told us that less that 30% of the Experiences are used/taken advantage of. For what they offer you (full day at a track, breakfast, lunch, chance to drive every model of the SRT brand, etc.) it is next to tragic. I just had a friend buy a used '11 Challenger SRT and the Experience was not used so he and I going to Road Atlanta.

You will have a blast, learn how far these vehicles can be pushed, how well they brake, taught how to handle them, etc, etc all while NOT in your car.

Congrats on coming back, getting such a beautiful Challenger and have fun!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.