Dodge Challenger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

According to this guy,,,SRT hmmm , not as good.

23K views 182 replies 40 participants last post by  Rambit 
#1 ·
Ok now, I'm not trying to start a forum war with this but......I just watched this video about a review of a SRT8 Challenger and it was amusing and probably a little true. I mean even thinking to myself at random times I think 'it's probably just a little more punchy in the throttle and corners a tad bit better because of the rubber over a RT '.

Now, listening to guys on here who always say "oh just trade in your archaic RT and get the chariot of the God's an SRT8" "the suspension is better its got a better engine and brakes and it has corinthian leather and bla bla bla" =) Im not talking **** ok lol I find it amusing when you SRT guys go into that little spiel. So seriously , what do you think of this dudes review of the SRT8? Think IRL he drives a Tiburon?

I find it a bit troubling because that sounds like a review he would give to a base RT lol. But it's an SRT. Did the SRT guys pay too much for not much more? I kinda think so, its a bad ass looking car no doubt about it but it sort of looks like the RT's have more diversity and a unique thing about them. I'd still love a black SRT8 but seeing how punchy it kind of isnt, in this vid, I wouldnt pay that much more for that.Seems like I could drop 6 g's on a RT 5.7 and be able to leave a stock ish SRT from a 70 mph roll.

See less See more
#35 ·
You should watch his comparison to his vette and a new vette. He says he had made many upgrades to get the car where he thought it should be-- brakes, suspension,tires and wheels, headlight covers to make it aero dynamic. He also replaced the seats ,steering wheel and many performance mods!!! to the engine. I can see his point to get my SRT to handle and perform like I wanted it to I bought a SRT decal for the windshield and a mopar key chain!!! Every one buys what they want for there needs I don't understand why he doesn't compare the muscle car to the true sports car on a 1500 mile road trip with your belongings for vacation. How sweet would his luggage look tied to the roof of his sports car.Can we have a fund raiser to help me drive safe with the proper sunglasses?

#36 · (Edited)
Having owned R/T, 2010 SRT and now 2012 SRT Challengers, I always found myself wanting a little bit more.

With the R/T, it was just a little more top end power, suspension and brakes. Then, moving to the 2010 SRT, it had great top end but lacked low end power. I did a cam/heads change and the top end was brutal, but regular daily driving and low end still suffered. Finally, I moved to the 2012 SRT. After collectively putting just under 90,000mi between the 3 Challengers in the past 3 1/2 years, the 392 is the right balance for this car. The addition of the adjustable suspension gives you the precision of driving on rails in turns yet the flexibility to be comfortable while cruising long distances. The SRT brakes or even if they did StopTech upgrades like the new Viper are not an option but a necessity for this car.

I remember when I saw the 2006 concept car and I was considering a 2005 Mustang. I told myself that I would wait because the Challenger was a reincarnation of what I viewed as American Muscle. As the 2008 models rolled out, I knew I'd have to wait until 2009 due to my job. I spent over a year envisioning what it would be like cruising the US highways in a Torred Challenger and making runs up and down Route 66. I imagined stopping at every stop along the way and shooting the breeze with other commuters.

See, in the end, this car was not just about performance numbers, magazine comparisons vs the competition, 1/4mi runs or the G force specs in turns. It was about finding a very capable, balanced muscle car that could invoke that nostalgic feeling. After driving both modern day Camaro SS, ZL1 and Mustang, it is a feeling that those other cars can't reproduce.

The takeaway of these videos is that the Challenger belongs on the open road. It can perform at the track but the reality is that most of the time will be spent driving in town, on open highways and long cruises. It's meant to satiate that need to just get out and drive for no other reason but to hear some tunes and the rumble of the engine. That's what these videos are trying to point out.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: USRWDV8
#37 ·
firstly, Matt Farah is awsome
secondly, whats wrong with his aviators?

I didnt watch the video as im at work and have no sound but this guy is used to driving all the exotics. But I can see where a guy coming from the cars hes used to driving and getting into an SRT8 would have some problems.

I wouldnt worry to much about what someone has to say about a car you own, you won't please everyone.

Everyone should watch watch the super speeders movies, hes in them and they are insane, and totally illegal lol

#38 ·
auto reviewers are like movie reviewers...they don't actually produce anything other than an opinion...which is worth what in the end?

#39 · (Edited)

Challenger SRT8's don't handle.. they are worthless. They certainly can't place like 12th place out of hundreds of sports cars, muscle cars and exotics in the Virginia City Hill Climbs...And it would never happen with a bone stock, off the show room floor Automatic either....

3:41 Club Members
3:40.93 2001 Patrick Jemison Viper
3:40.56 1999 Pierre Dimartines Caterham Super 7
3:40.36 1998 Frank Beddor RUF CTR2
3:40.09 1992 John Evilsizor Ferrari Testarossa
3:40.1 2011 Michael Seeliger Ferrari California
3:39.9 2011 Kevin Wesley Dodge Challenger (Bone stock, 2011 Automatic IE)
3:39.79 1993 Don Girard Porsche 914-6
3:39.7 2011 Stephen Murphy Mitsubishi Evo
3:39.66 2002 Tom Mildren 96 Camaro
3:39.34 1988 John Kuenzli Genie
3:39.19 2002 Eric Gangloff 98 Corvette
3:39.16 2000 Brian Gaydet Viper
3:38.92 2000 David Meligan Camaro Z28 1LE
3:38.55 2000 Jeffery Pisciotta Porsche 930
3:38.47 1999 Brian Hunt Camaro Z28
3:38.03 1994 Tim Landis Viper
3:37.16 2001 Richard Erb Datsun 240Z
3:36.81 2002 Niles Baker 93 Mazda RX7
3:36.78 2001 Alan Wall Chevrolet Camaro
3:36.440 2010 Alexander Djordjevic Porsche 996TT
3:35.15 2001 Andrew Bennett Quattro Coupe
3:35.08 2002 Don Hanson Porsche 928GT
3:35.01 2001 Kris Larsen Porsche 993
3:34.87 2000 Dean Treadway Quattro Coupe
3:34.38 2001 Lou Young Mazda RX7
3:33.5 2011 Justin Wilson Porsche GT3
3:33.47 2001 Rick Doria Corvette
3:33.419 2010 Ezra Dyer Porsche Turbo
3:33.19 1988 Gil Nickel Lotus 23
3:33.16 2002 Al Becerra Viper
3:32.8 2011 Edward Hugo Dodge Viper
3:32.1 2011 Aaron Pfadt Chevrolet Camaro
3:31.8 2011 Justin Schuh Nissan GT-R
3:31.3 2011 Randy Harris Chevrolet Corvette
3:31.17 1999 Jeff Littrell Mazda RX7
3:30.86 1998 Robert Dalrymple Porsche 930
3:30.76 1995 Jeffery Gunning Ultima
3:30.01 2002 Woody Harris Birkin S3
3:30.0 2011 R.J. Gottlieb Chevrolet Camaro
3:28.90 2002 Kim Crumb Porsche 928
3:28.423 2010 Guy Cunningham GR40 Mustang
3:27.68 2001 Carl Young Porsche Twin Turbo
3:26.81 2001 Michael Lesage Porsche 993
3:26.38 2000 Doug Hayashi Acura NSX
3:24.57 1985 Bobby Donner Jr. Ferrari 512BB/LM
3:24.2 2011 Jeremy Kappus Evo RS
3:24.16 2001 Bo Elgby Caterham Super 7
3:23.78 1988 Reg Howell Lola T-70
3:23.51 2002 David Lesage Porsche 911/996
3:23.40 2001 Wayne Mello Porsche 944T
3:22.929 2010 Steve Millen Nissan Skyline GTR
3:22.3 2011 Jeff Rosen 97 BMW M3
3:21.96 2002 Ted May Viper
3:20.91 1998 David Beddor RUF CTR2
3:19.414 2010 Mark Gillies Viper ACR
3:18.72 1999 Ori Rosenbaum Viper
3:15.2 2011 Duck Fuson Porsche 911
3:15.10 2002 Michael Horzewski Viper
3:14.4 2011 Lou Gigliotti Corvette ZR1
3:12.07 2001 Steve Beddor RUF CTR2
3:10.53 2002 Amir Rosenbaum Ferrari F40

Reactions: Madcoder
#40 ·
Matt Farah is about as good as it gets when it comes to qualified car critics, so all the nay-sayers claiming that they'll hire anyone to make these videos can piss off. He's a better and more experienced driver than anyone on this forum I dare say. Coming from a Challenger owner and a huge challenger fan, I thought his review was perfectly honest and true. I love my car, it goes real fast in a straight line but can't quite keep up in the slaloms like a BMW or even a mustang. BUT mine is a daily driver that has plenty of room for groceries and gets 20mpg, while being super roomy and comfortable inside for my 6'3 self. Is this not exactly what he stated in the review?

This guy has driven every collectible six figure car on the planet. Frankly I'm honored that he had so many nice things to say about my car, because I'm used to him complaining about the Ferrari he just done driving across the country.

Also yeah, the sunglasses thing was obviously a paid advertisement, they gotta make money somehow right?

#41 ·
And yet my post above yours shows a bone stock SRT made it into the record books in the Spectre 3:41 Challenge, when none of the other cars that were faster were "stock". So.... It must be able to take turns in the hands of a skilled driver????

I'm not busting on Matt I thought his review was comical like it should have been. There is no denying the Challenger is the "big girl" but she's got curves AND she can take them... :D

#42 ·
Not to mention they're not as good as a Dart at parallel parking, a Durango at off-roading, or a Grand Caravan at hauling people and cargo, just to bring up competition from its own family! It all depends on what you're looking for. "Not as good' is so relative.

RTkid, I get your point of being mostly interested in the 392 motor out of the SRT package. I dig sleepers and strippers (makes me laugh) too and feel that way. But I don't think you should put down the SRT or look for back up from elitist internet know-it-alls (Farah likes the Mustang V6, so it's not like his only frame of reference is supercars) to feel better about driving an R/T. It sounds suspiciously like the guys trying to make a V6 perform like a Hemi (not starting anything either), and it reminds me of the frog and the bull. You can't say there's nothing wrong about a lower trim... and then try your damnedest to beat the higher trims with it without sounding a bit disingenuous - someone with a complex and something to prove.

I don't have a stake in this because I also drive an R/T. It works for me and it's all I wanted, but I have no illusions that it's "as good" as an SRT or could be made so for cheap. As some said earlier, what would Farah say about an R/T if he thinks the top of the line is lacking (I couldn't care less, personally)?
Now by all means make yours go faster, but to "spank" SRTs? What are you trying to prove? Someone might inform you that your car doesn't brake, or corner, or impress... "as good". Know what I mean?

#43 · (Edited)
Well said, Agree 100%. I've owned an R/T and it was a bare boned 6 spd. Traded for an SRT, was it worth it? for me it is, But its not a dd. The funny thing I find is that MOST of my friends and relatives couldnt tell an SE from an RT from an SRT. They just say, man your car is so nice, your so lucky to be able to have one. Thats when it hit me, their right. We are blessed my brothers and sisters.

ENJOY YOUR RIDE AND BE SAFE

#45 ·
Ok now, I'm not trying to start a forum war with this but......I just watched this video about a review of a SRT8 Challenger and it was amusing and probably a little true. I mean even thinking to myself at random times I think 'it's probably just a little more punchy in the throttle and corners a tad bit better because of the rubber over a RT '.
Dodge Challenger SRT 392 Review - YouTube

Now, listening to guys on here who always say "oh just trade in your archaic RT and get the chariot of the God's an SRT8" "the suspension is better its got a better engine and brakes and it has corinthian leather and bla bla bla" =) Im not talking **** ok lol I find it amusing when you SRT guys go into that little spiel. So seriously , what do you think of this dudes review of the SRT8? Think IRL he drives a Tiburon?

I find it a bit troubling because that sounds like a review he would give to a base RT lol. But it's an SRT. Did the SRT guys pay too much for not much more? I kinda think so, its a bad ass looking car no doubt about it but it sort of looks like the RT's have more diversity and a unique thing about them. I'd still love a black SRT8 but seeing how punchy it kind of isnt, in this vid, I wouldnt pay that much more for that.Seems like I could drop 6 g's on a RT 5.7 and be able to leave a stock ish SRT from a 70 mph roll.
It's all Good IMHO - I especially like the squirrel @ 0:30

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

#46 ·
I am curious why someone would not daily drive the SRT but would with the others. It's MPG is about a 30mi per tank difference than the R/T, and the only difference is just performance related parts. It's still the same paint etc.

I just find that interesting.

#47 · (Edited)
did you notice the only car he was driving with back surgery right around the corner, was the challenger SRT! Did you see his a$$ in a camaro, corvette or a mustang, did ya?! Would like to have seen him get out of a GT500 or Boss302 at the end of that 1000 mi trip pre-surgery. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If I wanted to buy a track car, I would have bought a track car, with its tight seats and rigid suspension. For me, the SRT is perfect! 4-hookers in the trunk or not....

#49 ·
Again!!! Why are the RT guys always ripping on the srt8. I don't get it!

Reactions: wasp392
#50 ·
Dodge Challenger SRT 392 Review - YouTube

Fat man said srt8 was like a fish out of water in 1-2 gears. So is a dam dragster! It's called torque. Maybe he was implying the rt DOESNT have enough! Why r u rt guys always trying to validate your lack of 100hp vs the srt8. Somebody please answer that for me

#53 ·
I'm pretty sure he doesn't hate the SRT by any means, I think what he is saying is that SRT owners believe they drive the chariot of the gods and look down upon R/T guys when in reality the differences are negligible.
I'm sure the SRT is a completely different beast than the R/T, just like I'm sure a 426 swapped into an R/T would be a completely different beast than an SRT. You have to put it all in perspective.

Some people will choose an R/T just because of the classic package. does that make them inferior? Not at all, infact drop a new gen 426 crate and there and you'll have an iconic throwback that stays true to it's roots while delivering even more power than an SRT.

Some people will choose an SRT because of the clout that comes with owning one, is that a bad thing? Not at all. Everyone should get what suits them best, and what they are gonna enjoy, and should also respect others decisions even if they differ.

#51 ·
If you have attended the SRT Track Experience then you would knooooow that all SRT's are track CAPABLE cars made for daily driving on the street!!! Especially the 2 gens! These cars are very comfortable on the street and very capable on the track.. THE PERFECT blend of both worlds! I attended the SRT Experience and beat the crap outta those cars all day in 104 degree heat! 90mph turns 120mph straights... Eyeball bulging braking on the new all season RSAs! The BEAUTY of the SRT is you can have all the luxury bells and whistles, comfort, looks, decent mileage AND performance of a track car! Street and Racing Technology is the perfect definition! The only true track car offered now is the BOSS purposely built for the track horrible on the street as a daily driver. I honestly would like to see two professional drivers race 10 laps in a bone stock Boss vs a bone stock YJ 6spd then switch. I know the BOSS would win but by how much?!! Point being I would rather have a car I can drive in comfortably every day, that I can go rip up the track on the weekend! Vs driving a track car everyday on the street. After attending the SRT Experience I learned that I have NEVER came close to pushing my car to its true capabilities on the street! I also learned that I will never try to on the street. The extra $ you spend on a SRT is truly worth it if you want a well balanced performance vehicle. I often see the comparison between the R/T and SRT being mostly in the hp and straight line performance, but it is so much more than that :thumbup:

Sent from my PG86100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#52 ·
I love the rt. but it's not for me. As I said before the only thing they have in common is the skin pretty much. Srt is a COMPLETELY different car, I meant beast. Can you hear me? You rt guys.
Like I said, love the rt but its not for.
There's nothing wrong with owning a rt. I stare at everyone of them on the street drove one and loved how smooth and classy it was. Even pushed it hard so I can at understand the rt guys. Loved it but again it's not for me.
You rt guys should proud and happy with your cars and beat on us or say what if .....
Stop all the non sense. We're all passionate challenger lovers. The beauty of it is its diversity.

P.S. I also went to the srt track.
I was able to push those cars to the limit (and actually beyond it, and I in trouble for it at the course) because no matter how hard I pushed the damn car, It would not loose it. Then when we went on the hot lap, I asked the instructor from scale of 1 to 10 what level were we pushing it and he said 4 or 5. Then he said he'll show me an 8. And my god, I was blown away.
So go drive a 392 and you'll understand that it's not about hp. IT'S A COMPLETE DIFFERENT BEAST.
And that ahole who reviewed it, should've taken it to track and then gave his HONEST opinion. Not be sarcastic and compare it to a fat chick. (Guess he was referring to his wife from firsthand experience)
The srt is a Balanced car, period.
I'm done here

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#55 · (Edited)
I love the rt. but it's not for me. As I said before the only thing they have in common is the skin pretty much. Srt is a COMPLETELY different car, I meant beast. Can you hear me? You rt guys.
Like I said, love the rt but its not for.
There's nothing wrong with owning a rt. I stare at everyone of them on the street drove one and loved how smooth and classy it was. Even pushed it hard so I can at understand the rt guys. Loved it but again it's not for me.
You rt guys should proud and happy with your cars and beat on us or say what if .....
Stop all the non sense. We're all passionate challenger lovers. The beauty of it is its diversity.

P.S. I also went to the srt track.
I was able to push those cars to the limit (and actually beyond it, and I in trouble for it at the course) because no matter how hard I pushed the damn car, It would not loose it. Then when we went on the hot lap, I asked the instructor from scale of 1 to 10 what level were we pushing it and he said 4 or 5. Then he said he'll show me an 8. And my god, I was blown away.
So go drive a 392 and you'll understand that it's not about hp. IT'S A COMPLETE DIFFERENT BEAST.
And that ahole who reviewed it, should've taken it to track and then gave his HONEST opinion. Not be sarcastic and compare it to a fat chick. (Guess he was referring to his wife from firsthand experience)
The srt is a Balanced car, period.
I'm done here

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

GRRRRRR with that completely diff beast metaphor again lol!!!
bro, it's a 470 horse 392 not a 580 Horse Tall Block Chebby BB. Now that's a diff beast. I don't consider 100 horses to be a diff beast.

#54 ·
^What he said^ =]
I do recall him saying something to the effect of " after a couple of spirited stops the brakes starting fading"
uhm, what? the ?? PHUCK???!!? It's Brembos...Fade shouldnt even be in the same category . Sup with that ?

#58 ·
Hmm... After hours of track abuse at the SRT Exp... Those Brembos performed flawlessly!!! I don't understand how we did hours of laps and not one cars brakes FADED to the point of skidding, a malfunction or accident! They seemed to work better the hotter they got!

#56 · (Edited)
It does have something to do with nostalgia as well I recall hearing a guy on here mention that R/T badge, and that is the one thing I really loved seeing and that is something only the R/T Challenger has, it is , was and always has been the R/T badge as far as Challenger lineage goes.Change is always a constant though as things always progress and that progression led to the SRT8 with corinthiean leather and butt crack warmers lol.

#61 ·
Hmmm... I wonder if the modern R/T originally came equipped as the SRT with the same price tag... how many would buy it just for namesake OR say that thing ain't no real R/T its too fancy and it sure ain't worth $50k!!! I'll take the SE V8 5.7 cuz thas more of a true representation of the original!

The Corinthian leather comment was HELLA funny tho :D

Reactions: RTkid
#63 ·
I bought my used RT because I couldn't afford an SRT. There I said it! Lol

Seriously, if money wasn't the issue why would any of us buy a lesser model car? We would all be driving Ferrari's and Lamborghinis.

I would have loved to have a band new 392 which here in Canada goes for $55,000 plus 13% tax. With my income and current situation there was no way I could afford it. The used 09 RT I bought with only 18,000kms cost me under $30,000 including taxes.

The SRT is the best Challenger that you can get, and man would I love to have one but my RT is no slouch. I've owned over 20 cars in my lifetime including Vettes, camaros, Trans Am, Infiniti G35 Coupe and by far my Challenger RT gets the most attention than all of them put together. For $24,000 plus taxes its the best money I've ever spent on a car.

SRT, RT, SE....no other car on the road looks as good as our Challengers. Lets remember that when we are fighting amongst ourselves.

#70 · (Edited)
I bought my used RT because I couldn't afford an SRT. There I said it! Lol
Why do I always get beat to the punch?! Yeah, ditto: I like some of the aspects of the R/T, but if money was not a problem, I'd get an SRT and make it into the exact car I want, badges included. I have no complexes and am no wannabe. I settled big time.
The other day a guy at work checks out my ride, spots a Hemi badge and goes, "Oh, wow, you even got the biggest engine on that". My response was, "Actually, I have the cheapest car in a V8 configuration and it's only the 5.7..." Then his girlfriend chimed in: "Must be a lot faster than the Charger, I bet!", to which I responded, "Not really. And they had to shorten the wheelbase to get that classic look so it doesn't actually handle as well". :icon_biggrin:

I'm mostly about the engine and the torque. I don't care about gadgets. But handling and braking superiority is hard to ignore. I can do without, but I'll take it if I can. I think that Yellow Jackets and stripped and reinforced police cars are the sheet... but it's because I was broke my whole life.

Reactions: Litos
#64 ·
Not fighting... healthy debating lol... I agree... I don't own a Challenger I own a 06 300C SRT that looks mighty fine thank you... paid $22k with 22k miles when I bought it. I wanted the new Challenger, but in 09 when I bought my car they were still outrageously priced! I drove a 2010 R/T and loved it, but it was about $40k out the door. So then I drove a used Charger SRT... holy hell man!!! I was blown away... I started looking and found my car now and I don't regret it one bit! Now that she will be paid off in April the hunt and wait is on for a decently priced 6spd SRT Challenger. I recently drove a 6spd YJ and needless to say I got stung!

#74 ·
IDK but for every time I hear "I'd rather buy an R/T and spend $6k to make it just as fast as the SRT8" I want to say good for you. I'd rather pay for the SRT8 and have a valid powertrain warranty plus extended warranty and still enjoy that power. For every option there's a consequence. Either way, have fun with the Challenger :)

#78 ·
Come on, RTkid, you can argue semantics, but you know it's true. Just like you did start this thread with a mischievous intent, disclaimer notwithstanding - the clip wasn't new and wasn't saying anything new. It just reinforced an idea that was swirling in your head at the time so you brought it up here to get some reactions.

Don't get me wrong, I know you're looking at ways to improve your car and I think it's great and of interest to all. Trying to convince people that the SRT is a bad deal is another story.

#81 ·
It was new to me because I had never seen it. And I knew that some of you would think I was pot stirring but that wasnt my point, I did know that some srt guys would get their man thong in a bunch over it tho lol.

#79 · (Edited)
So much hate from people that are supposed to share a passion for the same car. I can't believe all the SRT8 bashing that goes on in this forum from supposed Mopar lovers. Face it the SRT8 is a great car. I've owned many very expensive high powered cars, and this is by far my favorite one yet around. It would appear that jealously is running wild here. I really don't understand it either. I have people on the mustang and camaro forums respect my Yellow Jacket more than many of the non SRT8 folks that are on here. I don't really care though because I didn't by it to look for anyone's approval.
When I was younger and didn't make as much money, I had pretty nice cars ,but I could never get the latest new high powered hot rod or new truck that others would have in my town. It didn't make me hate on them. It just made me want to work harder to someday be able to play with better toys.

#80 ·
LMAO DAMMIT THERES NO HATE!!!! and Litos I threw that little mustang thing in there because I know how you get when the word Mustang is mentioned haha. Dont trip man its all gravy listen I love the SRT I just wouldnt pay 55 grand for it. Maybe used but the car isnt pulling me that hard to get one used. I'm with the other guy up there, all I want is a 392/426/5.7 SC stuffed in between the fenders of my R/T and im perfect with that. It's the heritage for me, that R/T badge was imprinted in my mind way back when I was in 5th grade, that's when I knew the Cuda and Challenger were two of my favorite cars. They still are. The R/T badge for me is old school mopar and that's what I like.

#82 · (Edited)
Dont trip man its all gravy listen I love the SRT I just wouldnt pay 55 grand for it.
and i doubt anyone else would, because it's not that expensive :bang:

all I want is a 392/426/5.7 SC stuffed in between the fenders of my R/T and im perfect with that. It's the heritage for me......The R/T badge for me is old school mopar
should have just gotten an SRT8 that is already equipped with a 392 and put $25 dollar RT badges on it, rather than spending $35,000 on an RT and spending another $10,000 to drop a 392 engine in it :indifferent:

...or $10K for a SC

....or $20K for a 426

to me, you're not even remotely close to making sense - like not at all.

#84 · (Edited)
I've seen an SRT8 300C going for around $67k :lol:

#85 · (Edited)
So why don't you stop talking about it and put your money where your mouth is? I see a LOT of mouthy R/T owners saying "well I can x y z... and that'll make me better".

FILL YOUR BOOTS! Odds are, MOST of you won't actually do anything and while you're e-hyping what your R/T COULD be, we'll be driving our 392's with full warranty.

Drop your "6G's" and the result still won't be an SRT... ****, the rims on a 392 are $4800 alone (and yes I realize that's dealer price and rims are subjective so you can probably put some crappy ones on that look amazing to you, it's just outlining a point so don't get all tunnel vision on me)

Point is, to go from an R/T to an SRT you'll need a lot more than "6G's" (and what happens when an SRT owner puts $6,000 into their car??? Where'll your R/T stand then?)

I'm pretty sure he doesn't hate the SRT by any means, I think what he is saying is that SRT owners believe they drive the chariot of the gods and look down upon R/T guys when in reality the differences are negligible.
You, sir, are on crack if you think the difference between a 5.7L R/T and a 392 SRT are "negligible". I hope I somehow mis-quoted you or something.

God, you R/T guys have always attacked SRT's to make yourselves feel better. When the Eagle 5.7 motor came out and closed the gap on the 6.1L I could almost see a point to this squabbling. When the 392 came about I thought this was finally settled but I guess not.

For those of you who are happy with your R/T's, AWESOME! I'm happy FOR you and I think the R/T is a beautiful, stout and fully capable muscle car (you guys should know by now the only Challenger I look down on is the V6 :saythat:)

To the morons who need to stand on their milk crate yelling "HEY LOOK AT MINE TOO!!! IT'S THE SECOND BEST TRIM OFFERED BUT THAT SOMEHOW MAKES IT THE BEST OVERALL!!!!"... p--s off already.

I personally love MY 392 and think it DOMINATES the 6.1L I used to own and the 5.7L my step dad USED to own (before he bought a 6.4L Charger SRT). My dad also had a 5.7L in his Jeep he wasn't happy with and now drives a 6.4L Grand Cherokee SRT. My good friend also had a 5.7L and wasn't happy with his either and now also drives a 6.4L Charger SRT.

Seems to me if this 5.7L was SO great, less people would be upgrading from them; but hey, what do I know???

I now leave you with SRT goodness in my driveway.

Attachments

#86 · (Edited)
You, sir, are on crack if you think the difference between a 5.7L R/T and a 392 SRT are "negligible". I hope I somehow mis-quoted you or something.
Wasn't so much as a mis-quote, more a mis-wording by me. I never intended to state the differences were negligible, there is a hell of a difference, anyone with a brain sees that, if you look at the post I was trying to summarize how I thought RTkid felt as others didn't seem to understand.

Like I said, huge difference, 6.4L dominates of course, is it worth the price jack? IMO no it's not. I got my car used for $20k, to me dropping 40+ large on an SRT that will run a 2 secs faster than me (being generous here 392 ET 12.4 R/T ET 14.4) doesn't compute.
I see you've got a new SRT GC too, an extremely nice vehicle, would I spend 55 grand on it? No way in hell.

But I guess if you can afford it, go for it, but for me as a college student, priorities override pleasure. My dollar is much more precious to me than others.

I hate to sound like a ricer but, built > bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.