Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Sandy Hook Shooting

2K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  Big Swede 
#1 ·
If any Challenger family are affected by the shootings, my families prayers go out to you and your family. If there is anything you need, any help, anything, you have a brother here standing by to help. This is a very hard time and difficult for people to handle, I do know, I have been there, don't be afraid or shy to ask for help.

#4 ·
God Bless all these families.

#5 ·
Very depressing and upsetting

#6 ·
Thanks to Brucer41 for his post. I almost started a thread on this yesterday but what can you say when something this unthinkable happens against the most innocent among us. I wish we as a society could seriously investigate what influences create these psychopaths in the first place.

#8 ·
Thanks to Brucer41 for his post. I almost started a thread on this yesterday but what can you say when something this unthinkable happens against the most innocent among us. I wish we as a society could seriously investigate what influences create these psychopaths in the first place.
Was pretty much the same as you regarding starting something.
I suppose I get it that someone could be really upset with their parent, or boss, or whomever... but I just don't understand the killing of children. I guess if his mother was actually in class teaching at the time? Maybe? But that was not the case.

I really do wish there was some way to investigate what influences create people like this.

I hear a lot of talk about new gun laws... but how would that have helped in this case? Probably would not have. There has to be something better to "Regulate" than gun laws. Something that would reduce the influences that create this type of mind.

My sincere condolences to all those affected by this situation :angel:

#7 ·
Very upsetting! Was in shock when I heard on the radio. Within a very short period of time after the news came out, I received a call from my daughters school stating that everyone in her school was ok. Kids can't go anywhere any more. The malls, a movie theater and now school? Just want to lock my daughther in her room and protect her from all the horrible things!

#10 ·
It is very sad and true. We have had an unending troop of the talking heads here with their theories and other rot. Instead of just leaving this community alone and let them draw in and help each other we have to have all the press here causing a huge circus. Now we have Obama coming and it is a three ring. We have all small communities here and we tend to take care of our own in times of tragedy. We draw strength from our neighbors and friends. It's time to grieve and reflect here.

Reactions: mjb4450 and wasp392
#11 ·
I stopped watching the evening of the first day. Not because I didn't care but because there wasn't anything else I needed to know. I can be one hardassed cold SOB but when
kids go missing, found dead, after being gone for months, or strangled by some as*hole in
a basement somewhere It just tears me up.

#14 ·
I was at work when I got the notification on my phone (fox news app) and I immediately stopped what I was doing as I was overcome with sadness. My wife teaches K-5 at an elementary school about 10 minutes from our house. I cannot imagine the pain of losing her let alone if I had a child to lose.

God bless those families affected. I hope this shooter rots in hell.

#18 ·
I lost my youngest son (23) 3 years ago and it still tears my heart out whenever I think of him. I can sympathize with these families but not to their extent as this was horrific. Unfortunately their deaths will be used as a political tool rather than a solemn duty. Something must be done, not sure what the right answer is but I know it is not one answer but a large amount of steps to control this sort of thing from happening again.

Reactions: pdx.challenger
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.