Dodge Challenger Forum banner

InTune Diablosport for 2011+

7K views 43 replies 26 participants last post by  THEM0DIFIER 
#1 ·
Looks like Intune will be available for 2011+ vehicles in January.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#2 ·
Thats cool, just hated how they acted like the Trinity was the only way to get a tune, and then after everybody buys it for $600, they say "O yeah, you can just buy the intune now"... Luckily I got my Trinity for $500 and with the Intune running for $450, I can live with only spending $50 more for everything the Trinity offers.

#3 ·
Looks like Intune will be available for 2011+ vehicles in January.
Source?

Definitely good news; I just asked this question in the performance thread (guess you read my mind).

I'm not super modding savvy so I think a Trinity would be largely wasted on me. I just want something I can load canned tunes with, maybe adjust some fans, lower torque management, remove the God awful skip-shift and crank up throttle boost.

:roller:

#4 · (Edited)
#10 ·
Can you turn off MDS with the intune???

#12 · (Edited)
Isn't the InTune essentially just the Predator's replacement? Meaning you can load tunes and tweak some settings but that's about all?

The Trinity, I thought, was more about full on diagnostics, logging, tuning, etc... has digital gauges and other crazy features. That, and a Trinity is good for any car that you load the software for where as the InTune has to be purchased specifically for your vehicle (like the Predator was 5.7/6.1L only, you couldn't go plug it into your Camaro or whatever)

I'm just taking an educated guess, I could be out to lunch.

#13 ·
The Trinity gives you:

Real Time Gauges while you drive
0-60, 1/4 Mile Timers
Shift Lights
The Ability to Hook up external sensors

If you are looking just to tune and don't need all the extra options, or don't plan to leave the unit hooked up while you drive the inTune will do the job for you

#16 ·
As far as tuning goes both will be able to load the same tunes. The differences lie in the other abilities the trinity has. If all you plan to use it for is loading and tweaking tunes the Intune will do the job fine!

#19 ·
#23 ·
As for the gauges, I have been able to get any of the gauges that are on the Trinity to read just fine on the 11+ vehicles. On the first revision there isn't any layouts, but all you need to do is create your own layout (Which I would do anyway) and you can have the gauges read right from the PCM.

#31 · (Edited)
when these tuners are changing parameters, is it a full ecu flash or does it just save your changes. For instance, just turning MDS off.
I am waiting for this members question to be answered. All I want to do is turn off MDS. I can't believe I have to spend $450 to do that....:rawr:

Diablomike - Just curious, what is stopping your company from making a unit that can turn ON/OFF MDS and that's all it does? I am sure there are lot's of people like me that are only looking to turn off MDS. How hard could that be for you guy's... if you already have the technology.

#25 ·
Id look at it this way guys... Get the Trinity because if you ever need to sell it you have a larger market to sell to unlike the Intune that has a limited market. IDK just my 2¢ . Ordering my Trinity today! :woot:

#30 · (Edited)
I haven't been following the tune drama recently, but I think I remember the Trinity only offering about a 15hp increase...InTune about the same? I have an '11 RT 6sp and remember people saying they didn't notice much of a performance difference for the money on the Trinity, anybody have a similar car with a different experience with the InTune? (I have SOLO exhaust and Volant CAI as far as mods go). Thanks for any help!

#34 · (Edited)
Worth it to me, but a tune just to disable the MDS can sure sound a bit expensive. The constructive way to look at it, I think, is to start considering all the other positive aspects of tunes. Once you add checking and clearing codes, removing the speed limiter, reducing the torque management and tweaking the throttle response, and adjusting the speedo for tire size... it becomes a good investment instead of money thrown at that pesky MDS.

Reactions: DiabloMike
#35 ·
To me, it would be worth it just to get rid of the MDS. We love our car but do not like that feature.

#38 ·
so the InTune does have the capability to turn off MDS, correct?

#39 ·
Go to the diablo web site and put in the challenger. it will show you both the capabilites from the intune and trinity. and it talks about MDS on both

#43 ·
So when is the intune for 2011+ going to be available? I see Speedlogix is taking preorders but I don't even see it listed on Diablo's website yet.

#44 ·
They posted the release on Facebook over a week ago. I ordered directly from them, and got notification yesterday that it was shipping. Should be here in a few days. ? Rearview mirror image I'm going to get use to.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.