Dodge Challenger Forum banner

New Billlet Silver R/T Plus....

4K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  Horseshoe 
#1 · (Edited)
Well actually it's 2 weeks old. Took 8 weeks to get from time of order. Sunroof, Automatic, Exterior appearance package and anit-spin. Was supposed to be spoiler delete but that didn't happen. No matter though as we ended up liking the look of it and Dodge gave us an extended warranty for the mistake. For now it's got a BT catch can and Solo Mach X exhaust. Hood pins are on order and in the spring Charger "cop" wheels and Diamond back 245/60/18 red stripe tires.
We love this car and it gets lots of looks and compliments.......
My wifes car though we both drive it as we have 5 other cars. If I get the urge to row gears two of our other cars have sticks.....

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
I agree with everyone else...sweet ride Horseshoe!! Just me, but I wouldn't do hood pins.

I REALLY wish Dodge would of offered those hoods for the SRT's when I got mine...I drool every time I see one, especially yours since it's the same color as my car. I'm seriously considering getting one. Only issue is, I'd need to lose my stripes to do it....

#6 ·
Hey thanks everyone!
We (especially my wife) have a thing for hood pins! Guess it's the "old school" look. Our Mustang GT has them and one of our older pick-ups as well. My old Corvette is getting them in the spring when it goes in the shop for some mechanical work.
Those factory wheels have Blizzaks on them right now. Springtime will bring the "cop" wheels that come on the Charger and larger red stripe tires.
Yeah, I'd like to see a T/A hood on an SRT.......Not too sure how it would look with stripes on it though......but if someone's got it and it makes them happy then all power to 'em!

#8 ·
#12 · (Edited)
Here's a pic that I just shot in the garage......hope it helps!

#14 ·
Great looking car; congrats! I really dig the hood pins too and, since they're useless with stock hoods anyway and not any less functional than my hood vents or your hood scoop (it's all about the old school muscle car look)... I went with the stick-on's. Figured if I didn't like 'em I could still take them off without leaving holes in my hood, but I do like 'em. A lot. I'm just not using the cords to avoid marring the paint and because I prefer low-key.

I'm also in the minority as I like the stock rims, not as much as the Heritage ones, but I wanted no bigger than 18" anyway. I know they scream 'stock' or V6, but that never bothered me and I think they did a good job of updating the 5-spokes for the angular body of the modern Challenger.
The only thing that bugs me a bit in our stock R/Ts is the gaps, but that can be fixed.

Attachments

#16 · (Edited)
Once again, thank you all for the compliments!!
After we purchased our 2006 Mustang GT (which was my wifes daily driver) she had no qualms about having our bodyman drill the holes for the pins. The ones we're going to get are supposed to be exact replicas of the ones from 1970!
Here's the link:
DODGE PARTS - CHALLENGER PARTS - Dodge Challenger OEM Exterior Parts - SRT-8 SPOILER - SE & R/T SPOILER
We actually did not want 20 inch rims as we're changing to police rims in the spring. The stock rims have Bllizzaks on them and will be for the winter.
She has a thing for red stripe tires, hood scoops, exhaust sound and hood pins....I've got a good woman :icon_cheers:

Reactions: USRWDV8
#20 ·
My wife drove her silver Mustang for 6 years daily. It still looks great! Silver does hide imperfections and I am so anal so that's good. White is also a great color. 3 of our vehicles are white. Including my DD truck which has 218K on it now. Little rust on the bottom of the doors but wax it up and it's beautiful!
Happy Holidays everyone and thanks!

#21 ·
It's beautiful, It all seems to flow wonderfully!....and I too Love the stock 18" wheels. If it weren't for the Heritage I would still have mine on, but I still have them in the garage!
I was going to buy Cragar SS 18" wheels but I got a GREAT! deal on the 20" Heritage wheels.
And I've always loved the brilliant silver. After Toxic Orange that is. :icon_smile:

#22 ·
Nice car. I like the color too.

My last two cars have been silver. It's a pretty easy color to park outdoors. The silver and flat black is also really sharp.

I like spoiler deletes, but with all the "stuff" on the front of your car I think you need the spoiler on the back. Spoiler-less cars look better "clean" with no stripes.

#23 ·
I like spoiler deletes, but with all the "stuff" on the front of your car I think you need the spoiler on the back. Spoiler-less cars look better "clean" with no stripes.
Yes, I also dig the spoiler-less cars; they are purer and that's why I like spotting the SXTs out there so much. But you do need balance and with a hood scoop a deck spoiler or wing is probably a must.

#24 ·
Trust me we're glad the spoiler came along!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.