Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Can't Stand Careless People

12K views 100 replies 51 participants last post by  joe603 
#1 ·
Well, came out from the Supermarket to this...

I always make it a point to give cars next to me plenty of space and will even park on the other end of lots just avoid things like this. I know everyone is in a rush this time of year but I wish people were a bit more careful and more aware of their surroundings. Very frustrating. :flame:

See less See more
#33 ·
Careless people are everywhere. After eating lunch we got in the jeep and the lady driving the car parked next to us got in her car right after. She just swung her door open all the way. Had our jeep been parked any closer.....ding! We backed out after she got in her car and turned in the direction that backed us out behind her car. Before we even started moving forward away from it I saw the reverse lights turn on the she started backing up to our jeep, not even looking.

Some people just suck

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#35 · (Edited)
#36 ·
I must concur with those that feel it was intentional. Also agree about the folks with people parking REALLY close to you (despite being in an isolated part of a parking lot). I know I am very cynical, but come on! I tend to think that people that do this kind of crap are jealous and feel that if they can't have something nice, they don't want you to have nice things either. People have absolutely no respect for anyone or anything anymore. How many times do you hold open a door for someone (man or woman) and they just keep looking at their freakin "smart" phone and act like you owe them--makes my blood boil to be ignored and not thanked. If is was an accident, a good citizen (which no longer exists) would have either left a note claiming responsibility or waited for you to come out. I guess I was taught differently. What's the saying about integrity happening when you're not being watched.

Reactions: USRWDV8
#40 ·
Very impressive product mjb4450. OP, sorry to see the damage - not something I would wish on anyone.

#51 · (Edited)
That would be my worst nightmare.
I always always take 2 spots. I get funny looks but don't give a sh$t.
And don't take my car out on these busy holiday seasons.
I feel you, man. I'm disgusted.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

Taking two spots is just asking for someone to come vandalize your car. Because in the minds of the "have nots" they will say "Who does this jackhole think he is, taking two spots! Well, I'll show him!"

Sad but true!

#43 · (Edited)
ughh sorry someone did that to your baby. Luckily I have no dings, but I did get two very slight marks on the car, each time by some chick I was with ><

Some people are just careless. The other day I was leaving home depot and this jerk was about 20 feet from where they keep the shopping carts. Instead of walking his lazy *** over there and putting the cart back he tries to shoot it across the parking lot. Needless to say, I'm watching this all unfold and he totally misses. The cart was headed straight for a new BMW, so I ran across the lot and stopped the cart inches from the car. Turned around to give the guy a dirty look and he just waved, smiled, and walked away. I should have flipped him off...

#44 · (Edited)
OUCH! Sorry to see, hopefully it can be made right without too much hassle, that one may not correct with one of those dent wizard guys unfortunately, the metal is probably too stretched to straighten out easily.

#46 ·
Holy Crap. Sorry to see such a horrible thing... I dont know how id manage in that situation. Id hulk out and destroy the town... Did you happen to park relatively close to security cameras? I always try to do that so if i get something, i can try to talk to security about it if they dont leave anything..

Shifty

#49 ·
thanks for the well-wishes, i will never worry about parking next to a fellow challenger owner :D

i asked a couple PDR places and they were not very optimistic about being able to pull the dent. sucks to think money i could be spending on air suspension or strut braces will be used towards "restoring" its factory appearance. :argh:

i don't think anyone would do this on purpose because they had no reason to. i was parked directly in the middle of a non-compact spot. i think someone was just in a hurry and cowardly re-parked somewhere else. :dunno:

oh well, that's the price we pay for driving big cars and caring about keeping them in mint condition. i just hope it doesn't happen again or else :rocket:

#55 · (Edited)
sorry to say, but that's not a door ding.

it's more of a "i'm a jealous sheetbird that still can't afford nice things even after your hard earned money is redistributed to me because i'm a lifelass a-hole"...

true story....

#56 · (Edited)
Cant stand is far from i feel towards the people that do not take the extra second or two to make sure they are clear in a shopping cart/door. it does not matter, there is no excuse for it.

Unless it was an accident, accidents happen all the time. Write a note with your phone number, place it in a place the driver will see it and hopefully they will offer to pay for it.

edit: Actually i think that all people should leave behind a phone number, its just the right thing to do.

#59 ·
I personally do not care what people think. It is rude to take two spaces, whether you are close or far. If you want more protection, take one space far away. I have seen too many incidents of parking lots that were not built big enough for their intended use just for someone to take up two or more spaces and make me or others have to go to another movie theater or restaurant. Not cool! I have never intentionally damages someones car but I do not have any sympathy in those cases.

#64 · (Edited)
I don't care for extreme right wing propaganda either as the truth is usually somewhere in the middle, but there were a lot of assumptions on your part in that post, EricG. This R/T is the most expensive car I ever bought and all I could afford. I may be doing 'OK' today, now pushing 50, but I've seen some real lean times I won't get into. I've also seen freeloading first-hand, from the homeless so often romanticized to families on welfare. I work for the ultra-rich so I see their side and their shortcomings, and no one is perfect... but they're an easy target for those who have less and are just envious and jealous.

The bottom line for me, to steer clear of politics, is that people should respect others and other people's property, hard-earned or not. There is NO excuse for vandalizing someone's vehicle, even if you don't like how they park. 'Street justice', such as dinging a nice car because the guy presumably can afford it or shouldn't be so much into his car, is just another form of cowardly social statement.

Reactions: wasp392
#65 ·
Our country is full of leeches/blameless. And people living off the government nipple...

For all the naysayers I invite them to view what myself or my brother view in a typical night of work:

- woman calls because she has a headache or backache...pain med addict... Translates into a $795 bls medic call where she goes to ER and is released few hours later and hospital eats the bill along with fire dept because she is on public aid living in county housing taking meds for her bipolar disorder dispensed by the county...that equals the government in all levels paying or writing off all of the expenses she caused both short and long term...!!! And for all of those starting to get angry at me I see the same woman buying cigs and booze with her government issued LINK card along with pushing her stroller with two kids....

-call for a male passed out on side of road... Regular homeless bum who is wasted (.25 BrAC) and goes to ER where he dries out for 8 hours...gets ticketed for public intox....can't pay the ER bill can't pay the ticket and never shows up in court and gets picked up on an FTA warrant... Drains resources at every level....

-woman calls as her friend took one of her cell phones... She lives in county assisted housing... I asked how she called 911 when someone took her phone and she replays that the state gave her two cell phones (obama phones) and she got the other one stolen by her friend who has three from the state...

- heroin addict on $200 day addiction for her and Piece of crap bell ringer taking money meant for the kettle..(her boyfriend).. That's about 20 bags for those sheltered people...two kids and pregnant... Stealing liquor from grocery store and then fakes heart trouble to go to hospital... Gives fake info to hospital to skip on bill...drain on all levels

-unlicensed driver who is an illegal gets into wreck and totals other vehicle and damages city property... Runs from scene...but will get amnesty from government and people who "feel" for him and don't want deported...

Bunch of losers and we keep feeding into the careless and carefree mindset...

By the way that was only about two hours into a shift not counting the people who were pulled over who told us they were paying our salery and did not deserve to be cited...

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#66 ·
Our country is full of leeches/blameless. And people living off the government nipple...

-unlicensed driver who is an illegal gets into wreck and totals other vehicle and damages city property... Runs from scene...but will get amnesty from government and people who "feel" for him and don't want deported...

Bunch of losers and we keep feeding into the careless and carefree mindset...

By the way that was only about two hours into a shift not counting the people who were pulled over who told us they were paying our salery and did not deserve to be cited...

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

US citizens also are driving uninsured and unlicensed. My brother in law and I were both hit by these types in different incidents. And the cops did nothing to them!

I did a police ride along once and we pulled over a US citizen with no DL. She was cited and someone else had to drive the car home. I asked why she was not arrested, since this is a peeve of mine. The officer stated that if she lost her licence, she would have been arrested. Since she never had a license at all, it was a ticketable offense. DO the math on that. Get a $200 fine each time and pay the odds. Maybe hit a license check every two years and save on $2500 in insurance. Tell me who the chumps are now!

#70 ·
When you obtain a license you have read the motor vehicle hand book and you understand all the road rules so you're going into a contract with the state. If you never have gotten a license and drive you are not in the same position as a licensed driver. My source is a superior court judge who is my neighbor. It's a real rarity to find adults who have never obtained their drivers license.

#90 ·
yeah, Texas don't play dumb games like that.

if you don't have a license and you're driving on a public roadway, you're going to jail.

oh, and you DO NOT have valid insurance on the vehicle you're driving either due to the simple fact that you are not a licensed driver.

i love living in Texas - we don't play.

#75 ·
Eric G, what's is exactly a fare share to be paid by the rich? What % is fare?
Top bracket rate is 35% now. Plus capital gains, state income tax, other state and local taxes, to name just a few. That takes it up to over 50%. Now what do we get in return? Govt wasting tax payer money. So why should the rich pay more? So the politicians can waste the money?
Who's sets the number?
Never heard a poor man create a job.
Take the boot of their necks and they pay more in taxes. Proof is the 2007 tax revenues was the highest in history.
Remember, the politicians believe that in order to control and conquer, they must first divide them. And we've seen these more so over the last 4 yrs.
now you said think for yourself. Your comment about "fare share" seemed to me like you drank the koolaid.
Helping the poor is fine as long as your help will eventually get them back on their feet. But you also have to educate them. Not just give and give and not ask questions. As USRWD8 said, don't generalize the issue. We're all have compassion when it comes to "real" needy.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.