Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Special Equipment Code

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  MopaR/T 
#1 ·
Got a question for the group. I've got an "11 SRT8 and recently had friend of a friend run the vin through the dealer data base. We came up with a special equipment code 9995. Have searched this site, allpar and couple of more with no luck. The dealer has no idea. Anybody here have any thoughts on this. Input would be appreciated.

#6 ·
VIN reader? Other than running thru Chryslers system to give the history and maybe a copy of window sticker not aware of a "VIN code reader" not like the old ones anyway. In my job tho we used a LOT of codes, four digit, and in other jobs that use them I've noted that 3 9s is usually a "catch all" or "no code found code".

#7 ·
Missile launcher...I like it! I don't know what data base she ran it through but it sure confused her. I don't know, no big deal. My challenger is an '11 SRT8, black with silver stripes, auto stick. And thanks for the welcome, I have lurked here for a while just haven't been active. One other thing, I bought the car used from a local dealer with 8k miles on it. First registered owner was the Chrysler Road Test Garage in Michigan. Anybody know anything about them? This is my first MOPAR and I dont know a lot about their infrastructure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.