Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Nag1 Wheeping Noise?

1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  USRWDV8 
#1 ·
anyone notice their nag1's making a wheeping noise after its warmed up? I get it only when warmed. It basically wheeps when i accelerate gentle or hard and moving from drive into reverse.

#3 ·
I didn't know what wheep meant. First Google result was this from the Urban Dictionary: A small build up of air escaping from ones anus underwater, especially in the bath or a swimming pool. :grinbiginvert:

All I can tell you is that neither of my two NAG1 ever made noises and I suspect that most don't, hence the absence of responses.

#4 ·
BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA. Ok its definitely not an anus noise.

it sounds like "weeeeep", its pretty quiet but noticeable. From what i understand, some of the jeep cherokees suffer from the same noise. I spoke to my service rep at the dealership that tended my getrag issue and he heard the noise himself and said that he has heard of the issue before but no known chrysler fix. i thought i'd pitch the question to everyone.

#5 ·
OK, if your mechanic confirms it that answers my next question: it's the transmission. I had some whining that I initially thought was my Charger's tranny, but that came from the steering pump. I've been following this forum and the Charger one closely for several years and don't think I recall anything like what you describe. Gotta keep bumping your thread until someone who knows sees it.

#7 ·
I honestly wouldn't know. How many miles on your car?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.