Dodge Challenger Forum banner

0-60 times.

15K views 71 replies 37 participants last post by  USMCAv8R 
#1 ·
Okay, lets see how much juice folks have been giving their shiny new 392's by posting your best 0-60 times. Honesty people.

I'll kick it off. Did a gentle 6.03 during run in last week. Hit 500miles yesterday and even without full throttle, traction control on and no pre-revving before dropping the brake it did a 5.25s today. Mines an auto. I feel it needs a bit more easing in before I really let it rip. There's definitely a lot more time it the car.

Be great to hear if anyone has slammed out a sub 4.5s yet.

#36 ·
first attempt today... 6 speed, a bit sloppy of the shift, but I'll work on it, AND 97 degrees outside... (not excuses, just facts)...

anyway, no high revs, eSP on, just punched it and shifted best I could,
got a 5.04... (good enough for me, considering!)

Hey that pic isn't smooched! :thumbsup::bigthumb:

#37 · (Edited)
Now that I have a 1000 miles on my new tires I tried a 0-60 at my favorite "test site". Start elevation is 220', end of 1/2 mile is 270'. The 0-60 stretch looks close to level.

With my Nitto 420S 285/40/20 rear tires my 0-60 was 4.24 sec staging at 1,800rpms, eazing to 1/2 peddle then flooring resulting in a no wheelspin launch.

The only time I've ever (even 100% stock) went slower than 4.5sec was when I had wheel spin. For you 392 guys get your launch down & you should see some very low 4s on a cool day.

#40 ·
tried it out today

got the best of three runs, 0-60 in 4.56s, ESP half off (one push of the TC). Launch RPMS at 1500, gave me a small chirp to start, but relatively low wheel spin and no wheel spin shifting to second.

I'm at 6700 ft altitude and the temp was about 73F, so I'm pretty happy with it and it felt like a really good run. Had a half of tank of gas and the wife in the car with me on a quiet under construction road all marked off, so no other vehicles or traffic to worry about.

LOADS of fun!

Attachments

#41 ·
Tonight with 1/2 tank let out the clutch at 1500 and rolled the throttle on, pulled 4.64. The car has 500 miles on it. No wheel spin. The nose of the car really rose up on the shift. When I was practicing I got several 4.7's spinning and having to let off some in first. F1 tires at 32 psi cold. I also shifted before red line.

#42 ·

Pic attached for proof.

2010 SRT8 AUTOMATIC

Was on my way home from dealership after they upgraded the software due to my car stalling a number of times. My car is 100% stock.

Attachments

#44 ·
first test drive with myself and salesman on board, ran a 4.9 on a 102 degree afternoon with regular grade fuel...tc on, lots of wheel spin due to hot surface, hot air, 500' elevation.

am now full of 93 octane and will wait until temps cool around here a bit.

#45 ·
All I did was take a pic of the display after my best 0-60. This morning I got a 3.94 reading. My tires aren't spinning, although traction is turned off. I agree it seems odd, but I am curious to what you think "is going on". Both times I depressed the brake, got it up to up 4k, and then floored the gas. When I look down, I see 4.02 and 3.94. So tell me, what is going on???

#47 ·
What tires are you running to not spinning with a 4k launch? With my stock F1s I had to baby the throttle at a 1500rpm launch. With my 285 Nittos I can launch at 1800rpms but still have to eaze into the peddle till 1/2 way before I can floor it.

#48 ·
I have F1's. I honestly don't think they were spinning. Maybe I'm wrong. I certainly didn't hear anything and didn't see and rubber on the road. I don't know. I'm not a car guy so I don't know half the information some of the people in this forum know. All I know is what I see on the display.

#53 ·
0-60 Times

I finally did it, as in 0-60 times BONE STOCK ! T-C off , Auto stick on it spun the tires as I rolled into the throttle and then floored it ! 4.61, what a RUSH ! I'll be back later, without the AIR Cond on ! Also I had a full tank ! Anybody run unleaded Prem, without ETHENOl ? This is 91 octane !.......Have Fun ,,,,,,,,#977 IE, John

#59 ·
#62 ·
Ricor said:
You should take a little more care before being completely wrong. I start at :01 and you can clearly see the timer hit 4.** at :05. It is not until I stop accelerating, it it until the timer stops once I have hit 60 (by the computer)
Ricor -- first of all welcome to ChallengerTalk! Second, the search button is your friend - use it more times than not.

It is well known and documented that the Performance features that come on our cars are very false and should, by no means, be taken seriously or stood by.

Stock SRTs are quoted at mid to high 4 sec range and R/ts are in the mid to low 5 sec range. You had alot of wheel spin on the 1>2 shift and the timer stopped at around 45 MPH. The timer is located on the rear wheels, thus, very sensitive to wheel spin.

#63 ·
Every car is going to run a little different, I am at sea level and the driver skill in a manual is key. The speedo also cannot keep up with fast acceleration so the 0-60 timer goes off of the computer speed, not the speedo. Speedo's are actually buffered so they do not show slight wheel spin, or in hard acceleration, a chirp (which is 1/10 to 1/4 wheel spin).

I'm not sure why people find it hard to believe, and seem to think every car and driver is the same. Human nature I guess. I don't need validation, I thought people would enjoy this. My bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.