Text Message Notification Uconnect [Archive] - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

: Text Message Notification Uconnect

interwoven
08-21-2011, 10:20 AM
Ok so I have searched for this extensivly and couldn't find an answer. In my 2011 SE Challenger with an Apple iPhone 4 the bluetooth works great but I don't know when I get a text. The phone only vibrates when connected via bluetooth and doesn't give me my incoming text sound and the bluetooth doesn't notify me. I made sure in settings that text notifications are on but it doesn't notify me. Is this an issue that everyone has? I did just follow the update for uconnect and it did fix the bluetooth streaming of audio as that now works after the update but the text notification still doesn't.

Mopar4Bama
08-21-2011, 04:09 PM
My normal tone comes through the audio system. I have a 730.

interwoven
08-21-2011, 04:37 PM
Hmmm..mine does if I'm in a phone call but if I'm not it doesn't...I'm not sure what you mean by 730..is that the radio?

R/T_6Speed
08-21-2011, 05:46 PM
...The phone only vibrates when connected via bluetooth and doesn't give me my incoming text sound and the bluetooth doesn't notify me. I made sure in settings that text notifications are on but it doesn't notify me. .

I believe its an iPhone issue. Apparently Apple has not embraced the pass thru related to bluetooth and SMS. Apparently there's a lot of Ford Sync users having the same issues with iPhone but not with RIMS and Androids.

SMS doesn't work with my iPhone and Kenwood either and some time back I found something on a Kenwood forum that said it was an iPhone lockdown, not Kenwood.

interwoven
08-21-2011, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the info. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something simple.

Stone2011
09-03-2011, 10:58 PM
I have a Samsung Epic 4G and I have the same deal, no SMS notification on my RT, the bluetooth works great except for I don't get anything when I get a text message,,, also how can you update uconnect?

xsdbs
10-04-2011, 09:35 AM
1) Apple phones do not support the blue tooth profile (SMS) to let you receive notifications of incoming text messages. There are only a few (very few) phones that do support SMS, the phone companies are spending their money on new technology that will be available next year (possibly some 4th qtr phones and 2012 vehicles). It's profile is (MAP) = Message Access Profile.

2)The Epic phone does not support text messages thru their blue tooth profile (the profile would be SMS).
As for the Uconnect update, you can have it done at the dealer. The TSB # is 08-036-11 and takes about 20 minutes to perform.

I have a Samsung Epic 4G and I have the same deal, no SMS notification on my RT, the bluetooth works great except for I don't get anything when I get a text message,,, also how can you update uconnect?