Iphone 5 [Archive] - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

: Iphone 5

terraform
09-24-2012, 08:02 AM
Has anyone tried controlling an iPhone 5 with the new adapter yet? Curious as to whether it works and if so, how well:

The iPhone 5 Lightning Adapter Won’t Work With Video Or iPod Out Accessories, But It Will Play Music [Updated] | Cult of Mac (http://www.cultofmac.com/190677/the-iphone-5-lightning-adapter-wont-work-with-video-or-ipod-out-accesosries/)

Sarlacc
09-24-2012, 09:06 AM
I'm just curious how long it takes before Chrysler makes an updated cable we can all buy.

stevewhiteparts
09-24-2012, 09:14 AM
mine is ordered, actually was pre-ordered and still have not received it, i never connect my phone, i always stream audio
Luke

dcamco
09-24-2012, 11:04 AM
Mine doesn't work in my '12 SRT. The cable won't even charge the phone. Is anyone else experiencing the same?

terraform
09-24-2012, 11:10 AM
Mine doesn't work in my '12 SRT. The cable won't even charge the phone. Is anyone else experiencing the same?

So you're doing this with the 30pin cable in the console and the 30pin to Lightning adapter?

dcamco
09-24-2012, 11:20 AM
So you're doing this with the 30pin cable in the console and the 30pin to Lightning adapter?
No, I'm using the USB to lightning cable that came with the phone. no adapter.

terraform
09-24-2012, 11:26 AM
No, I'm using the USB to lightning cable that came with the phone. no adapter.

Ahh. Good to know. I'm wondering if the UCI ipod cable works with the Lightning adapter. Not even sure if those 30 pin to Lightning adapters are available yet though.

dcamco
09-24-2012, 11:29 AM
They aren't available until October (or so I was told by the Apple store employee on Friday). Perhaps Dodge will have a firmware update to correct this soon!

stevewhiteparts
09-24-2012, 11:31 AM
we refuse to sell the ipod and iphone cables from chrysler, they never work....we take so much abuse over those stupid cables, we will not sell them anymore
Luke

terraform
10-13-2012, 03:39 PM
Bump. Anyone gotten a 5 and the 30 pin adapter able to chime in?

Sandshar
10-13-2012, 05:36 PM
Following.

Brent60
10-13-2012, 08:51 PM
Apple sucks my HTC Rezound has better features then the I failed 5. That Galaxy S3 commercial hit it dead on the nose. A step behind every time and always waiting for the next time you'll get new features that everyone already has. Not to mention dropping google maps and YouTube.....

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using AutoGuide App

terraform
10-13-2012, 09:12 PM
Apple sucks my HTC Rezound has better features then the I failed 5. That Galaxy S3 commercial hit it dead on the nose. A step behind every time and always waiting for the next time you'll get new features that everyone already has. Not to mention dropping google maps and YouTube.....

Do you seriously not have anything better to do with your night than troll people looking for information on a phone you don't like? Jesus ****ing christ dude. Go away.

iAmGagoMan
10-13-2012, 09:12 PM
Mine works using the USB input in the middle console. It charges fine and plays music fine. I can't control music but I use spotify so not sure if its an app issue.

BTW I'm using the USB to lightning connector.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

Brent60
10-13-2012, 09:45 PM
Everyone's allowed an opinion calm down you bought it not me. Lol

RT6SPD
10-13-2012, 10:12 PM
I know its not the iPHONE 5 But I finally got my UCI cable charging my IPhone 4. Everything working like it should.

12v - 5v Ihpone charging adapter out of Hong Kong. I hate to buy anything from China, unless I cant find a reasonable substitute from anywhere else. Cheaply made but it works. Lifetime warranty... yeah right...

iPOD iPHONE 12V TO 5V CHARGING ADAPTER ALPINE KCX-422TR

seller is aclub_com maybe they will come up with a working adaptor for the Iphone 5 as well.

Brent60
10-13-2012, 10:15 PM
I know its not the iPHONE 5 But I finally got my UCI cable charging my IPhone 4. Everything working like it should.

12v - 5v Ihpone charging adapter out of Hong Kong. I hate to buy anything from China, unless I cant find a reasonable substitute from anywhere else. Cheaply made but it works. Lifetime warranty... yeah right...

Haha when I had a 08 Mustang I bought a flip key for it from Taiwan. It shorted out after 4 months. Lifetime warranty also.... Yeah that never got replaced lol. I was told I didn't use it right so that equaled a voided warranty lmao

dcamco
10-14-2012, 05:29 AM
Everyone's allowed an opinion calm down you bought it not me. Lol

You're right, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. However, it's not very tactful to share said opinion on a public forum where it's contents are irrelevant to the conversation at hand. Just makes you look bad.

iAmGagoMan
10-14-2012, 06:59 AM
IMHO the whole droid vs iPhone is a bunch of garbage. Just like the pc vs Mac arguments just like the Chevy vs dodge Sony vs Xbox. Take your brand loyalty and shove it somewhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

jnavx
10-21-2012, 12:19 PM
I have the adapter and everything works fine. I sometimes get the charging not supported error but I got that with my older iphone too.

terraform
10-21-2012, 12:28 PM
I have the adapter and everything works fine. I sometimes get the charging not supported error but I got that with my older iphone too.

That's great news. So the steering wheel controls work and the track info is displayed on the radio?

jnavx
10-21-2012, 12:31 PM
That's great news. So the steering wheel controls work and the track info is displayed on the radio?

Yep! Track info, steering wheel controls, and everything. I was worried too and glad when I plugged it in and everything worked. Not sure what to do about the random charging issues I get sometimes :/

terraform
10-21-2012, 12:44 PM
Yep! Track info, steering wheel controls, and everything. I was worried too and glad when I plugged it in and everything worked. Not sure what to do about the random charging issues I get sometimes :/

When I first got my car, the 30-pin ipod interface cable (UCI cable) with the black ending on it would not charge my 3G iphone - it only charged older ipods, etc, which used Firewire voltage, but data still worked. A few years back, Dodge released a newer UCI cable which used USB voltage, and that works like a charm for my 3G/4 iphones for both data and charging. Do you know which one you're currently using?

The newer cable looks like this (note the white end on the 30-pin side) - 2009-2010 Dodge Challenger 3G iPhone iPod Integration Harness (http://www.leeparts.com/dodge_challenger/accessories/audio/3g_iphone_ipod_integration_harness.html)

The older one looks like http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s152/tensix_2007/IMG_4233.jpg

jnavx
10-23-2012, 05:17 PM
When I first got my car, the 30-pin ipod interface cable (UCI cable) with the black ending on it would not charge my 3G iphone - it only charged older ipods, etc, which used Firewire voltage, but data still worked. A few years back, Dodge released a newer UCI cable which used USB voltage, and that works like a charm for my 3G/4 iphones for both data and charging. Do you know which one you're currently using?

The newer cable looks like this (note the white end on the 30-pin side) - 2009-2010 Dodge Challenger 3G iPhone iPod Integration Harness (http://www.leeparts.com/dodge_challenger/accessories/audio/3g_iphone_ipod_integration_harness.html)

The older one looks like http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s152/tensix_2007/IMG_4233.jpg

I definitely have one of the older ones :/
Do those new ones plug into the center console?

terraform
10-23-2012, 05:26 PM
I definitely have one of the older ones :/
Do those new ones plug into the center console?

Yes, literally plug and play - unplug the old cable, plug in the new one.

shakedog
11-17-2012, 06:40 PM
Interesting. I have the older cable but it charges my iPhone 4 just fine and I rarely get the message that there may be issues with using it. I landed here because I wanted to find out if the new lightning to 30 pin adapter would let me play my music over my RER. Thanks for confirming that it does!

imranvv
12-07-2012, 07:39 PM
my iphone 5 does not work with 730nim using usb to lightning cable
cable charges phone I see phone come up on screen will not play anything but will when u forward song

Fancycakes
10-12-2013, 09:54 PM
I have the lightning adapter and it does not work. Was hoping to find a lightning cable from Dodge or something similar guessing it's not available yet.

Freqnlodown
02-05-2014, 01:58 PM
My iPhone 5 is plugged into the USB connector in the console of my 2014 R/T via lightning cable. All buttons and controls work. I can stream Bluetooth as well but I don't get the control and song listings for some reason and it doesn't seem to work as well if I plug USB directly into the head unit. I had to run a firmware upgrade because it kept locking my head unit up. After the upgrade that I found here, it hasn't happened since.