Hypertech Tuner for 2013 5.7 engine? [Archive] - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

: Hypertech Tuner for 2013 5.7 engine?

dane714
12-12-2012, 03:00 PM
It appears that Hypertech has a tuner that will work with the 2013 5.7 Hemi engine. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these programmers. Thanks in advance.

Performance is our Passion - Hypertech (http://www.hypertech.com/Default.aspx)

KILLASCRIMP
12-12-2012, 03:21 PM
if i were you i would wait on Trenity. JMO

mopar57
12-12-2012, 05:48 PM
I have had
Hypertech, superchips, and the trinity (ds)

out if the 3 imo, hypertech is the worst! I screwed up a ecu on my ram. When called about it, they said i didn't follow directions. Never told me what i did wrong. What happen i left my iPod plugged into the radio. It fried the ipod as well.

Talked to superchips, and they said that was impossible with them, and they heard that problem before with hypertech.

Both were handhelds, so really enjoying the trinity right now!

SRT8U
12-12-2012, 07:21 PM
Don't bother with it, wait for the trinity tune to be available for the 13shouldn't be long

dane714
12-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the advice and history. I can wait.

DiabloMike
12-13-2012, 07:21 AM
FWIW, from what I saw at SEMA, their device is not a 'tuner', but an 80's style plug in trickery box....no thanks :)

Sonoma392
03-07-2013, 09:06 AM
FWIW, from what I saw at SEMA, their device is not a 'tuner', but an 80's style plug in trickery box....no thanks :)
are all the bugs out yet? reading the DS forum pages sounds like the intune isnt quite ready.

YO-EL
03-07-2013, 09:58 AM
It appears that Hypertech has a tuner that will work with the 2013 5.7 Hemi engine. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these programmers. Thanks in advance.

Performance is our Passion - Hypertech (http://www.hypertech.com/Default.aspx)

Yes, I have it..
I can feel the difference for sure....
I've posted my thoughts on it in a few threads..
Until Diablo or B&G can get something that accommodates a 2013, this is the real deal for some enhanced street performance.

Its not a "tuner" per say, but as the name implies, it intercepts readings of the IAT, MAP, Crank sensors, and accelerator pedal, BEFORE it goes to the PCM, and thru their module, translates them & in turn sends enhanced signals to the PCM for much improved performance.

Acceleration without lag, performance timing, spark & fuel, all adjusted on the fly, instantly..
I really like it as it cleaned up some of the little lulls the car had.

Its "always" in the powerband now.. Ready to pounce!
Shifting is lighting quick, not harder, just split second fast. RPMS spool up quicker, and the car jumps once you touch the accelerator pedal..

You will definitely feel & like what it does..
Anyway, thats my thoughts..

Its funny how many here slam this without even trying it.
I bought it without expectations and am very pleased!
I'd bet if anyone who chimed in in this thread actually tried it & was honest about it like me, they'd be singing a different tune for sure..

charginscott
03-07-2013, 10:14 AM
Well thats a different tune on a tuner.

So it stays plugged into the OBDll port all the time?

OOPS.. just read the HT website. Plugs into the harnesseseseseseses

TNCHARGER
03-07-2013, 10:26 AM
Yes, I have it..
Until Diablo or B&G can get something that accommodates a 2013, this is the real deal for some enhanced street performance.

Its not a "tuner" per say, but as the name implies, it intercepts readings of the IAT, MAP, Crank sensors, and accelerator pedal, BEFORE it goes to the PCM, and thru their module, translates them & in turn sends enhanced signals to the PCM for much improved performance.

Acceleration without lag, performance timing, spark & fuel, all adjusted on the fly, instantly..

Shifting is lighting quick, not harder, just split second fast. RPMS spool up quicker, and the car jumps once you touch the accelerator pedal..

I'd bet if anyone who chimed in in this thread actually tried it & was honest about it like me, they'd be singing a different tune for sure..

The ones "slamming" it have a lot of experience and history with different mods for modern Mopars.......I have had experience with the HyperTech junk too. All it does is change voltage to make more fuel..Beware..the "butt dyno" will lie to you. :roller:

SRT8U
03-07-2013, 11:16 AM
2013 Diablo tunes should be available in a matter of a week or two at most. We have a few local customers with 2013 cars lined up to go to diablo for final testing. so if you have been on the fence or waiting for the 13 tunes, the wait is almost over!

Jjlackner
03-07-2013, 11:38 AM

Was actually looking to pull the plug on this mod. I have a 13 challenger 392. Does your company make a tuner for my motor? Thanks.

TNCHARGER
03-07-2013, 11:46 AM
2013 Diablo tunes should be available in a matter of a week or two at most. We have a few local customers with 2013 cars lined up to go to diablo for final testing. so if you have been on the fence or waiting for the 13 tunes, the wait is almost over!

Was actually looking to pull the plug on this mod. I have a 13 challenger 392. Does your company make a tuner for my motor? Thanks.

See post above you......

Modern Muscle
03-07-2013, 11:55 AM
Any system that fools the PCM to behave a certain way is asking for trouble IMO.

Triz
03-07-2013, 01:30 PM

Awesome......

YO-EL
03-07-2013, 01:30 PM
The ones "slamming" it have a lot of experience and history with different mods for modern Mopars.......I have had experience with the HyperTech junk too. All it does is change voltage to make more fuel..Beware..the "butt dyno" will lie to you. :roller:

Disagree bro..
I had 2 people drive my car, one an R/T Challenger owner for 3 years, and the other, my dealer tech who works & drives these every day. Both guys were impressed at the responsiveness.. The R/T owner says everything I've said about how the engine feels & the better shifting, the dealer tech said " its the best performing "stock" R/T he has ever driven.

All I'm saying is don't slam this until you've tried it..
Its NOT what Hypertech put out in the past, its COMPLETELY different technology!

I have complete confidence others will say the same things.
How can they not?
Even me, my 1st one threw a code & I sent it back, got another unit, and here we are....!

TNCHARGER
03-07-2013, 01:56 PM
Disagree bro..
I had 2 people drive my car, one an R/T Challenger owner for 3 years, and the other, my dealer tech who works & drives these every day. Both guys were impressed at the responsiveness.. The R/T owner says everything I've said about how the engine feels & the better shifting, the dealer tech said " its the best performing "stock" R/T he has ever driven.

All I'm saying is don't slam this until you've tried it..
Its NOT what Hypertech put out in the past, its COMPLETELY different technology!

I have complete confidence others will say the same things.
How can they not?
Even me, my 1st one threw a code & I sent it back, got another unit, and here we are....!

Thanks but I will wait on the Diablo....wont be long and I already have a Trinity tuner sitting on my desk..:burnout:

YO-EL
03-07-2013, 03:17 PM
Its all good bro..!
Just another option for us 2013 owners until the other products hit!!

nikivee1954
03-07-2013, 06:45 PM
Yes, I have it..

Based on your review I ordered one today for my 2013 R/T 6 speed. I will post my views of it once I recieve and install it.

YO-EL
03-08-2013, 08:36 AM
Based on your review I ordered one today for my 2013 R/T 6 speed. I will post my views of it once I recieve and install it.

I'm an automatic so I'm feeling the driveability improvements probably more than a manual car will..

nikivee1954
03-11-2013, 10:18 AM
Ok.. I recieved my Hypertech Interceptor this past Friday. I have a 2013 R/T Challenger 6 speed. The install was a piece of cake. It took me all but a 1/2 hour at most to install the unit. The car started right up, no codes thrown My very first impression was the throttle felt more responsive. Took it for a spin. There is a definite increase in power and not some BS subjective thing. The throttle is instant, no more lag or that small bog you get when you get into the throttle. Car seems to rev a little quicker and it definitely seems like it's got more power to it. I believe Hypertech dyno results showing +20HP increase to be believable. So far I'm pleased and the car is more enjoyable to drive now.

Flat Top
03-11-2013, 10:59 PM
Id like to see a log file from a Trinity, while the Hypertech was being used in liew of DS tune. And maybe a before and after dyno session. Just fer sheets and giggles.
FT

nikivee1954
03-12-2013, 10:08 AM
I'd like to see that too. All I can tell you is it made a difference in the responsiveness of the engine.

YO-EL
03-12-2013, 11:45 AM
I doubt the Hypertech "adds HP" to the equation, but it sure does add increased SOTP driveability to the mix.. Its truly performance you can feel while driving.. Increased rpms thru the band, quicker shifting and throttle response are definitely noticed.. You don't have to "think" if its working, you'll be able to "feel" it definitely IS!