2014 Challenger Color List [Archive] - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

: 2014 Challenger Color List

DARRENSTOYS
02-14-2013, 02:43 PM
Here is a unconfirmed list of the 2014 Dodge Challenger colors but remember none of these are confirmed yet stay tuned.
One side note looks like the Dart may get Green With Envy and the Wranger may get Plum Crazy for 2014.

2014 Dodge Challenger Colors
Billet
Bright White
Granite Crystal
Header Orange
Ivory
Jazz Blue
Phantom Black
Pitch Black
Plum Crazy
Redline
Sublime (Confirmed by Ralph Gilles via Twitter)
TorRed

hdwrenchtx
02-14-2013, 03:14 PM
i hope they dont give the dart GWE

Yellow Jacket 2012
02-14-2013, 03:24 PM
I'd be surprised if plum crazy was done two years in a row.

MoparOhio
02-14-2013, 03:24 PM
Header Orange returning... hum... short run for 2012 and it returns.

GWE on a Dart.... hum... not sure how that will look.

PCP on a Wrangler.... That do do some interesting colors on the Wrangler.

TurboAWD
02-14-2013, 04:01 PM
Furious Fushia is going to be on the Wrangler later this year

AvsBest
02-14-2013, 04:09 PM
What is your source

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App (http://www.autoguide.com/mobile)

hdwrenchtx
02-14-2013, 04:12 PM
i hope that was sarcasm

DARRENSTOYS
02-14-2013, 05:06 PM
Furious Fushia is going to be on the Wrangler later this year
I seen that I think it is a smart move for Jeep there are a ton of female Jeep owners I am willing to bet more than a few would love this color on a Wrangler.

CityChick
02-14-2013, 07:03 PM
If this list is remotely accurate, then lime lovers are likely screwed, since Dodge is still bumbling around about info on sublime. So, they plan to put it on a dart? Say hello to the Dodge Grasshopper!

DARRENSTOYS
02-14-2013, 07:32 PM
If this list is remotely accurate, then lime lovers are likely screwed, since Dodge is still bumbling around about info on sublime. So, they plan to put it on a dart? Say hello to the Dodge Grasshopper!
Sublime is for the Challenger the Dart could get the 2011 Challenger color Green With Envy.

DARRENSTOYS
02-14-2013, 07:37 PM
What is your source

I am sure someone will figure it out if not I will let you know tomorrow night.

DARRENSTOYS
02-15-2013, 02:45 PM
So it looks like we have the first confirmed color for 2014.

Cuda340
02-15-2013, 03:32 PM
If this list is accurate, I am glad that Header Orange is returning instead of Hemi Orange.

thebarnman
02-15-2013, 04:12 PM
No chance for Blue Streak Pearl Coat?

Milkdudd
02-15-2013, 05:06 PM
I am sure someone will figure it out if not I will let you know tomorrow night.
Well... It's tomorrow night, compared to yesterday.

RWL11
02-15-2013, 05:13 PM
I entered Sublime Challenger in Google images, and here is what I found:

The Challengerdämmerung | The Truth About Cars (http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2009/03/the-challengerdammerung/)

Milkdudd
02-15-2013, 05:21 PM
If this list is accurate, I am glad that Header Orange is returning instead of Hemi Orange.
If it does come back, we'll know which trim levels in about 12 months (give or take a couple of months). Base and Plus R/T don't appear to be getting Hemi Orange or Plum Crazy. Do this with TorRed and we who won't spend an extra $4,000 for a certain color will be triple-crossed. I didn't expect Plum Crazy but the other two were available across all models last time IIRC.

DARRENSTOYS
02-15-2013, 05:59 PM
Well... It's tomorrow night, compared to yesterday.
Here you go have a look for yourself.
Paint Chip Sheet 2014 Chrysler Challenger (http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/chipcreate.cgi?year=2014&manuf=Chrysler&model=Challenger&ret=code)
This site has been great for info in past years so we will see how accurate they are for 2014.

DARRENSTOYS
02-15-2013, 06:30 PM
I entered Sublime Challenger in Google images, and here is what I found:

The Challengerdämmerung | The Truth About Cars (http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2009/03/the-challengerdammerung/)
I can remember that back in 2009 here is a thread talking about it back then.
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/challenger-convertible-headed-junk-yard-14174/

JohnRogers
02-15-2013, 11:23 PM
If they bring back Plum Crazy Purple PHG you won't hear me bitch and whine "oh no my car is not so special anymore". Bring it on! Let the masses have more to choose from than White, Silver, Red and some form of darkness.

NotFastEnough82
02-16-2013, 12:14 AM
Maybe my eyes are going bad (a very distinct possibility) but I can't see a difference on those swatches between Pitch Black and Phantom Black. Is there any noticeable difference?

Milkdudd
02-16-2013, 12:35 AM
If they bring back Plum Crazy Purple PHG you won't hear me bitch and whine "oh no my car is not so special anymore". Bring it on! Let the masses have more to choose from than White, Silver, Red and some form of darkness.
No S**t Brother! So many say "I have mine that's all I care about" whether it's color or a big smokin' v8 with mega horsepower. Seems selfish to me. Put that aside, shouldn't the next generation of go fasts have some choices too? I remember (and I think It's still in my parent's basement) a magazine with the 1970 Chrysler lineup. I think they called it the Skat Pack, Rapid Transit System or something. I drooled over it and will again if I ever find it. I was 11 years old if my math is right. When I got to a purchasing age we had 307 c.i. 2 barrel Novas called GTO's, Mustang II's, etc. I think the quickest car in 1976 was a Corvette that did a 16 or 17 second quarter mile with 0-60 at 9 or 10 seconds. These numbers may be off but you get the Idea. One more thing to the "I have mine crowd". S**t happens such as cars getting stolen, storms like Katrina and Sandy and God forbid accidents that end up with cars being totaled. More choices (models, power trains, colors, trim levels) are in everyone's best in the long run. Rant over, can't find the soap box icon.

Milkdudd
02-16-2013, 12:39 AM
Pitch Black and Phantom Black. Is there any noticeable difference?
Yes....$500....and some metallic effect withe the Phantom.

MoparOhio
02-16-2013, 06:16 AM
It does amaze me that they offer two blacks.... why? are they selling enough of both to justify it?

but then again there are two red's as well.

HemiHerb
02-16-2013, 07:52 AM
No S**t Brother! So many say "I have mine that's all I care about" whether it's color or a big smokin' v8 with mega horsepower. Seems selfish to me. Put that aside, shouldn't the next generation of go fasts have some choices too? I remember (and I think It's still in my parent's basement) a magazine with the 1970 Chrysler lineup. I think they called it the Skat Pack, Rapid Transit System or something. I drooled over it and will again if I ever find it. I was 11 years old if my math is right. When I got to a purchasing age we had 307 c.i. 2 barrel Novas called GTO's, Mustang II's, etc. I think the quickest car in 1976 was a Corvette that did a 16 or 17 second quarter mile with 0-60 at 9 or 10 seconds. These numbers may be off but you get the Idea. One more thing to the "I have mine crowd". S**t happens such as cars getting stolen, storms like Katrina and Sandy and God forbid accidents that end up with cars being totaled. More choices (models, power trains, colors, trim levels) are in everyone's best in the long run. Rant over, can't find the soap box icon.

JohnRogers and Milkdudd, I agree. Some of us (me) have wanted to buy a Challenger for several years but life prevented us. Now the time is right for me and not only is PCP back but the Core comes out also! I can't wait.

I will say this though, if Dodge/Chrysler told customers at the time of purchase that colors/models/special editions were one time only never to be released again, or would never happen, that is not right and they should refrain from doing so. What it has pointed out to me is that we never know what the next model year will bring and that can be a good thing (i.e. supercharged 6.2, Sublime, etc).

swagled
02-16-2013, 08:26 AM
It does amaze me that they offer two blacks.... why?

Three really, if you include "Jazz Black" :scratchhead:

Milkdudd
02-16-2013, 01:08 PM
I will say this though, if Dodge/Chrysler told customers at the time of purchase that colors/models/special editions were one time only never to be released again, or would never happen, that is not right and they should refrain from doing so.
This I DO agree with.

DARRENSTOYS
02-17-2013, 09:06 AM
Maybe my eyes are going bad (a very distinct possibility) but I can't see a difference on those swatches between Pitch Black and Phantom Black. Is there any noticeable difference?
Nothing wrong with your eyes lol it's just the way they look on the page Phantom Black is a Metallic where as Pitch Black is a true black.

NotFastEnough82
02-17-2013, 10:36 AM
Nothing wrong with your eyes lol it's just the way they look on the page Phantom Black is a Metallic where as Pitch Black is a true black.

Rock on, thanks.

thebarnman
02-17-2013, 10:39 PM
I will say this though, if Dodge/Chrysler told customers at the time of purchase that colors/models/special editions were one time only never to be released again, or would never happen, that is not right and they should refrain from doing so.

I have a different thought on that. If what they say is true, then what would be wrong with that? I believe there's limited editions made all the time.

If it's used as a high pressure sales tactic in a way that's untrue, then yes, that's really bad.

Nimbette2
02-18-2013, 10:21 PM
I seen that I think it is a smart move for Jeep there are a ton of female Jeep owners I am willing to bet more than a few would love this color on a Wrangler.

Every single time I was up for a new Wrangler, they would discontinue the fun colors dangit. I would go for the pink!

Milkdudd
02-26-2013, 01:12 AM
Ivory= White with metallic/pearl? Maybe extra cost. Any opinions if it would look good? I think yes.

WALLYVINEZ
02-26-2013, 02:44 AM
I have a different thought on that. If what they say is true, then what would be wrong with that? I believe there's limited editions made all the time.

If it's used as a high pressure sales tactic in a way that's untrue, then yes, that's really bad.

Ditto from my end here... if its a limited edition run. they should let folks know , so that they can jump on it while its available ...

Thats why I jumped on GWE so fast(atfer only having my Black Beauty 18 months) .....GWE was a limited run for 2011.:argh:.. (and .. there were quite a few sitting around in show rooms at the end of '11 so you could get a great deal like I did ... but NOT NOW!)

They will bring SUBLIME back in 2014 I hear, but its not EXACTLY the same color ...

TexasBock
02-26-2013, 05:56 AM
No offense to those that love Jazz Blue, it's a great color, but why can't they get a brighter blue in the line up like B5 or Blue Streak, or something similar to those two?

Milkdudd
02-26-2013, 03:21 PM
why can't they get a brighter blue in the line up like B5 or Blue Streak, or something similar to those two?
You are preaching to the choir brother, but keep doing it. Let's ALL keep doing it. Almost EVERYONE agrees with us except (so far) the people that make the decisions. So many here have said they will upgrade only if B5 comes back.

Blu Angel
02-26-2013, 07:39 PM
I think the 2014 colour palette is mighty impressive.

Watch out for those L/E colors, aka Sublime, B5 Blue & Plum Crazy Purple
for possible inclusion in special edition models.

My guess is that MOPAR will need these desirable high impact colors to keep
the 2014 sales high before the release of the new refreshed 2015 Challenger.

StumpyMcNubbins
02-26-2013, 08:06 PM
Ditto from my end here... if its a limited edition run. they should let folks know , so that they can jump on it while its available ...

Thats why I jumped on GWE so fast(atfer only having my Black Beauty 18 months) .....GWE was a limited run for 2011.:argh:.. (and .. there were quite a few sitting around in show rooms at the end of '11 so you could get a great deal like I did ... but NOT NOW!)

They will bring SUBLIME back in 2014 I hear, but its not EXACTLY the same color ...

Better keep it locked up.... I'm looking for it. :eek3:

B5BABYBLUES
02-26-2013, 08:07 PM
Thanks for all the color options / thoughts. I can't wait to see what ultimately happens.

SRTnumber3
02-26-2013, 09:31 PM
Here is the 1970 Scat Pack Brochure:1970 Dodge Scat Pack Brochure (http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/scat/scat-pack-brochure.html)

WALLYVINEZ
02-27-2013, 06:59 AM
Better keep it locked up.... I'm looking for it. :eek3:

:worried: THANKS for the WARNING , STUMPY ... I will !! :laugh:

(BTW, STUMPY MCNUBBINS is an Awesomely HILARIOUS Name !! :smokin::jester: )

AZZKIKR
02-27-2013, 07:00 AM
I like the header orange with silver stripes.. I have been hoping and or waiting to see if that was an option before I just went with some of the cars still sitting on the showroom floors (e.g.) black with silver or red, etc..

Guess I will wait and see if they do come out with it again..

StumpyMcNubbins
02-27-2013, 11:11 AM
:worried: THANKS for the WARNING , STUMPY ... I will !! :laugh:

(BTW, STUMPY MCNUBBINS is an Awesomely HILARIOUS Name !! :smokin::jester: )

I knew I shouldn't have said anything. But seriously, let me know if you ever want to get rid of it.

And thanks :)

Milkdudd
02-27-2013, 02:35 PM
Here is the 1970 Scat Pack Brochure:1970 Dodge Scat Pack Brochure (http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/scat/scat-pack-brochure.html)
1970 was THE magic year...For just about all of the manufacturers (especially Plymouth IMHO).

thebarnman
03-01-2013, 05:21 PM
No offense to those that love Jazz Blue, it's a great color, but why can't they get a brighter blue in the line up like B5 or Blue Streak, or something similar to those two?

Of all the blues, Blue Streak Pearl, Jazz Blue and B5 Pearlcoat; my favorit is Blue Streak Pearl.

RPI Designs
03-01-2013, 06:00 PM
Sweet! Great!

DARRENSTOYS
06-04-2013, 02:09 PM
Well looks like the list was almost correct other than Sublime and Redline missing from RS's post but I am sure Sublime will be a special release and we may not hear till it is close to being released.
Not sure what is going on with Redline 3 Pearl Coat it shows that it is starting back up on July 12/13? but RD says that production ends July 5/13? guess we will find out later this year.
Chrysler Cars (Production Updates) (http://www.donlen.com/production-cars-chrysler.aspx)

thebarnman
06-05-2013, 11:50 AM
Talking about color, I saw a new Challenger with a really nice super dark metallic blue. I say metallic because in the bright sun it sparkles, almost like there's tiny silver bits of metal in the paint.

And, the blue is so dark, if the sun starts going down, it almost looks black. I'm not sure if it's a new color or not, but I've never seen it before.

Hal H
06-05-2013, 11:55 AM
Talking about color, I saw a new Challenger with a really nice super dark metallic blue. I say metallic because in the bright sun it sparkles, almost like there's tiny silver bits of metal in the paint.

And, the blue is so dark, if the sun starts going down, it almost looks black. I'm not sure if it's a new color or not, but I've never seen it before.

That sounds like Jazz Blue - its really dark and gray/charcoal in low light conditions, before that Deep Water Blue was the next darkest color, but no mistaking it was a blue color.

TexasBock
06-05-2013, 12:18 PM
Yep, sounds like Jazz blue thebarnman. Saw a SE with it yesterday and I really liked it. Some silver stipes would really look good with it.

thebarnman
06-05-2013, 07:52 PM
Is Jazz Blue the new color for 2013?

Before that, I know there was Blue Streak Pearl, b5 blue pearlcoat and Deep Water Blue Pearl.

The Chromer
06-05-2013, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=DARRENSTOYS;1251487]Here is a unconfirmed list of the 2014 Dodge Challenger colors but remember none of these are confirmed yet stay tuned.

Was at the Dealer today, Sublime has again been taken off the list.

thebarnman
06-05-2013, 08:41 PM
Did I miss something? Where's the list?

FrobeBryant
06-05-2013, 09:37 PM
No sublime.

Hal H
06-05-2013, 09:38 PM
Is Jazz Blue the new color for 2013?

Before that, I know there was Blue Streak Pearl, b5 blue pearlcoat and Deep Water Blue Pearl.

Jazz Blue was introduced in '13 model year. It replaced Blue Streak Pearl ('12 color).

Dadshemi66
07-04-2013, 03:05 PM
This is stupid if they do purple again, I just got mine. there now too many on the road, I have seen 5 in my state alone recently or maybe a few more.
Sublime is confirmed for sure, Ivory? hmm may be interesting. I actually would like to see banana yellow.
At least I have one is one way to look at it and it still gets great looks.

thebarnman
07-07-2013, 01:22 AM
You could never have too much of a good thing.

MoparOhio
07-07-2013, 05:10 AM
You could never have too much of a good thing.

I agree... To see 5 of the same color of car on the road is nothing compared to Mustangs and Camaros...

Honestly, I wish they'd bring back B5... or a B7... I am sure the B5 owners wouldn't like it. That is such a great color...

how about a short run of dark green

392Powr
07-07-2013, 07:08 AM
I've Thought for years a dark metallic green would be the bomb on this car.

ND RAM
07-07-2013, 07:41 AM
I agree... To see 5 of the same color of car on the road is nothing compared to Mustangs and Camaros...

Honestly, I wish they'd bring back B5... or a B7... I am sure the B5 owners wouldn't like it. That is such a great color...

how about a short run of dark green

What about B3? I always have liked the light blue especially when matched with black stripes. Always seemed to be the underrated blue of the last muscle car era. Kinda like DWB seems to get no love today (though to be fair BSP and B5 are the hi-impact colors of the blues.)

B3: http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x66/LeeAStewart/Muscle%20Cars/CH1008-72803_8.jpg

Sent from my XT901

Chargerdude70
07-07-2013, 08:03 AM
What about B3? I always have liked the light blue especially when matched with black stripes. Always seemed to be the underrated blue of the last muscle car era. Kinda like DWB seems to get no love today (though to be fair BSP and B5 are the hi-impact colors of the blues.)

B3: http://************************/images/the_big_picture.jpg

Sent from my XT901

My 70 Charger R/T is a B3 blue car..... Supposedly 1 of 220 something .... Not my favorite color but you don't see many.

mgsouthwest2001
07-07-2013, 12:34 PM
I am kind of curious why Dodge hasn't brought back petty blue yet. That is another classic color. Some might think it looked too much like the new ford grabber blue though.

ND RAM
07-07-2013, 03:22 PM
My 70 Charger R/T is a B3 blue car..... Supposedly 1 of 220 something .... Not my favorite color but you don't see many.

Pics please!:D

Sent from my XT901

Chargerdude70
07-08-2013, 09:19 AM
Pics please!:D

Sent from my XT901

Here is a picture of it from 2001 next to my friends 70 Cuda and another with the 6.1 in it.

hashonboat
07-11-2013, 03:33 PM
Here is a picture of it from 2001 next to my friends 70 Cuda and another with the 6.1 in it.

Beautiful color! I would actually consider trading in my Toxic Orange for that blue.

Shifty11
07-11-2013, 04:00 PM
I didnt want to trade in... but if the sublime is nice, id kill a thousand kittens for a sublime R/T...

is it true... because ill start saving now..

Shifty

GoldenGirl
07-16-2013, 12:57 PM
I waited all year for the sublime to come on the 2013 Challenger as posted somewhere else on this forum but it isn't to be. Not sure I'd count on that for 2014.

At this past weekend's Chrysler show at Carlisle, Dodge was there asking people to vote for what classic color they want to see next. That doesn't say to me that they already have it planned...

I think I'll be happy with the Plum Crazy available now. :heart:

MuscleCarProf
07-16-2013, 01:05 PM

That's a fantastic color!! Man, I'd order that color in a heartbeat. Plus, I'm a little jealous to see you've taken my future Charger project idea of using a Gen III Hemi! Great car!

Whiter
07-18-2013, 08:36 AM
This color should be available on the redesign for 2015, this green rocks!!!

2013 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Design Study (http://www.allpar.com/cars/concepts/dodge/scat-pack.html)

Whiter

unruhjonny
07-18-2013, 10:40 PM
Ok I've been coming back here on and off for a year, and figured I had better speak up;

I don't know what kind of (confirmed) source you are all going to for info, but around here the dealerships seem to be clueless about option packages and option/colour availability...

I have loved the Challenger from day #1;
I still remember the first Challengers I saw were in July 2008 just outside of Chicago (on route to the Pontiac Nationals in Norwalk Ohio).

I just read about some of you being able to jump at cars when you hear of color availabilty ect, and don't get me wrong I'm happy some of you are in this position, but I for one am not - so I would prefer lead time to know what's going to be available, and would like to have resources to show blissfully ignorant dealers should I be in a position to order...

Last night I FINALLY found a 2013 printed brochure, and confirmed the optionsl SRT interior - Dodge Canada's crappy site doesn't even show it!?!
Even the Dodge employees at the new car show this past spring had NOTHING on the Challenger...

I love tha scat pack design study car posted of earlier, and would wish that Dodge would do something like this, and maybe if they want to entice customers with limited availabilty, why not tell them in advance so that they can get their orders in, and ducks in line(?).

I also love the R/T side vinyl, and don't care for the (overplayed) dual hood stripes...
Why not make scat pack cars limited to R/T & SRT - each with their own version of a body side stripe, and specific colours...

I JUST found out about Hemi Orange, and Plum Crazy, and if I had the resources I'd order a Plum Crazy right now (probably an SRT with stripe delete to add my own reinterpretation of the classic body stripe.)

To date my favorite hues on the current gen Challenger are:
- Hemi Orange (2008, 2009 & 2013; a bit overplayed though)
- B5 Blue (2009 & 2010; came and went twice without my actual knowledge of it being "currently" available; 2010 availabilty was never printed)
- Header Orange (2012)
- Plum Crazy (2009? & 2013; never a printed available option)

I say add that sweet looking dark olive metallic green and sublime lime, and you have the basis for a new scat pack...

ND RAM
07-19-2013, 03:59 PM
Ok I've been coming back here on and off for a year, and figured I had better speak up;

I don't know what kind of (confirmed) source you are all going to for info, but around here the dealerships seem to be clueless about option packages and option/colour availability...

I have loved the Challenger from day #1;
I still remember the first Challengers I saw were in July 2008 just outside of Chicago (on route to the Pontiac Nationals in Norwalk Ohio).

I just read about some of you being able to jump at cars when you hear of color availabilty ect, and don't get me wrong I'm happy some of you are in this position, but I for one am not - so I would prefer lead time to know what's going to be available, and would like to have resources to show blissfully ignorant dealers should I be in a position to order...

Last night I FINALLY found a 2013 printed brochure, and confirmed the optionsl SRT interior - Dodge Canada's crappy site doesn't even show it!?!
Even the Dodge employees at the new car show this past spring had NOTHING on the Challenger...

I love tha scat pack design study car posted of earlier, and would wish that Dodge would do something like this, and maybe if they want to entice customers with limited availabilty, why not tell them in advance so that they can get their orders in, and ducks in line(?).

I also love the R/T side vinyl, and don't care for the (overplayed) dual hood stripes...
Why not make scat pack cars limited to R/T & SRT - each with their own version of a body side stripe, and specific colours...

I JUST found out about Hemi Orange, and Plum Crazy, and if I had the resources I'd order a Plum Crazy right now (probably an SRT with stripe delete to add my own reinterpretation of the classic body stripe.)

To date my favorite hues on the current gen Challenger are:
- Hemi Orange (2008, 2009 & 2013; a bit overplayed though)
- B5 Blue (2009 & 2010; came and went twice without my actual knowledge of it being "currently" available; 2010 availabilty was never printed)
- Header Orange (2012)
- Plum Crazy (2009? & 2013; never a printed available option)

I say add that sweet looking dark olive metallic green and sublime lime, and you have the basis for a new scat pack...

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98814

^^^
RS is the go to inside source around here (among a few others).

If you wait for the official press release then you will more than likely miss the ordering window and will have to settle for a car that was optioned by a dealer. I found out about the IE package online and was on this forum the same day researching it here. I had already shown Dad the leaked dealer press release and he had ordered the car within a month of me finding out about it and ordering was closed within a week. Dodge still didn't release the official PR info until roughly a month later.

Sent from my XT901

thebarnman
07-22-2013, 02:05 PM
I think the only thing the dealers are concerned with is selling what they have on the lot, not what might come in the future. If they did, they would never sell any of the current cars they have.