Ugh what am I doing wrong? inTune 1000 DCX... [Archive] - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

: Ugh what am I doing wrong? inTune 1000 DCX...

shootdownthestars
05-16-2013, 06:03 PM
Hi guys
So I am completely new to this so forgive me if I don't know everything..

I just received my Diablosport inTune I-1000 DCX for my 2011 3.6L.

I followed the Quick Start guide... which turns out isn't so quick after all. Plugged it into my laptop, it "auto updated".. I think? All that happened was some loading screen on the device... so I unplugged it and headed to my car... tried to write a tune..got the message "PCM calibration for (my VIN #) may be out of date and need an update" or something like that. So i unplugged and headed back to my laptop and this is where I am left in the dust...

First of all, I had NO idea I had to download any programs or drivers or whatever. This isn't listed anywhere. I thought I could just plug-in and throw on a canned tune or whatnot. So I went on the Diablosport website under DOWNLOADS and was confused from there. So I just started clicking.. I was able to download the DS software- but it is only for Trinity? Opened that up and it won't even connect to my device.... Nothing.

So I see the (Trinity?) drivers download. Tried this 10x.. fails every time on the last step..(stage 2 or whatever).

ALSO I was under the impression that the tunes were already pre-loaded, but now I am reading that I have to put the tunes on myself? I don't even know how to do this or where to find my car's tune.

I am SO confused :'( This is unfamiliar territory to me to say the least....

grandpa-srt4
05-16-2013, 06:24 PM
Same issues here, but I got it figured out and loaded.
Try Diablo Forum
Diablosport Forums • View topic - 2012 Dodge Challenger 3.6 Intune Problem? (http://www.diablosport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=44827&start=150)

Sandshar
05-16-2013, 06:24 PM
Lol this was me a few days ago, I have the trinity. Hope this helps, it did for me

1. Power up the tool and select Options Change Vehicle Type, and put it into Demo mode again. Let it reset itself and go back to the main menu.
2. In demo mode, go under the Performance menu, and select ‘Original Backup’ as the tune to install. The tool will go through the process of “installing” a stock tune, and reset itself as if it’s connected to a car. If it was not married in Demo, it will tell you there is nothing to restore—skip to step 4.
3. Once it notifies you that the original backup has been installed, reboot the tool to put it on the main menu
4. Open DS Downloader program.
5. Once it connects to the unmarried Trinity, the DS Downloader will now be able to update the tool fully to the latest revision, and should do so automatically.
6. Once the update process is completed, the Trinity will display the main menu again. Select Options Change Vehicle Type (the first time you do this, enter a 2010 V6 car instead of a 2012) again, and enter your vehicle’s information. That will activate the appropriate firmware file for your vehicle, and you can then bring it to the vehicle.

NOTE: Since you have a Chrysler gas vehicle, if you get a message that reads "This vehicle needs an update, Download here: DCX (http://www.diablosport.com/dcx) ", DON'T PANIC, this is because the tool wants to update the vehicle’s stock calibration file, not because the tool itself needs an update. If you get that message:

1. Bring the tool back to the PC, and plug it in
2. Open the DS Downloader program and let it connect
3. The DS Downloader program will give you a prompt that it wants to download a Calibration Update to the tool
4. Follow the prompt, and let it complete the process
5. Bring the tool back to the vehicle, and select the Performance menu to load the Calibration Update to the vehicle’s PCM
6. When the Calibration Update is finished, you can then select a tune and write it to the vehicle

shootdownthestars
05-16-2013, 06:43 PM
I can't even get it to connect to the DS software... what the hellllllllllllllllllllll :'(

I have windows 8 for what it's worth.

GARRETTECH
05-16-2013, 06:58 PM
I dont have windows 8 but i do know on the diablo site i have seen a specific "click here if ur using windows 8". Otherwise I did exactly what sandshar did about 2 days before him!! Dont worry shoot....we will all get thru this together. I had difficulties the first day but ince u go thru it and you say oiooh thats how it goes its pretty easy. My only real advice however is if you want this on by the weekend call diablo tomorrow in regular business hours because there is no tech support on weekends. Im a complete noob to this whole tuning too....dont know bout sandshar.

shootdownthestars
05-16-2013, 06:59 PM
I followed their instructions for windows 8 driver install and it effing failed on the last step/

I'm so damn p'od. This stuff frustrates me.

Sandshar
05-16-2013, 07:11 PM
I'm new to this world as well, I shared all I know.

Stars, this guy helped me. Very knowledgeable.

Mike Mendiburo
Tech Support
Phone: (561)-908-0040

shootdownthestars
05-16-2013, 07:15 PM
Thanks guys... battle continues..

shootdownthestars
05-16-2013, 07:44 PM
OK i just tried to do this on another PC with windows vista and i'm into the exact same problem with the drivers.

I'm about ready to give up and send this thing back.......

Sent from AutoGuide.com App (http://www.autoguide.com/mobile)

Flat Top
05-16-2013, 08:27 PM
I think we all been here... I know exactly how some of you guys feel. It takes some playing to get used to how it all comes together and works.
If anything is wrong with the tool DS will make it right. mine had a bad connector and they handled it, pronto. Just never give up, ever....
FlatTop

shootdownthestars
05-16-2013, 08:49 PM
But I can't even get it to connect to DS because the drivers will not install. And the one solution they posted did not work either.

I'm completely SOL.

I just tried to load the tune in my car without PCM cal update...clicked the X instead of agreeing to the check update message... and the message I got was "Vehicle is not supported- Contact diablosport"

Now I'm really giving up :/

DiabloMike
05-17-2013, 06:44 AM
intune does not use dsdl, the driver is not needed for intune updates, there is an auto updater that lives on the intune, you dont even need to ever go to our site to update an intune :)

shootdownthestars
05-17-2013, 08:16 AM
Thanks Mike..

Buttt how come after plugging it into my PC, the screen pops up saying it is updating- then heading back to my car, it still tells me it needs a PCM cal for my vin # and to check for updates?

When I ignore the message (red X and green check mark), it tells me my vehicle is not supported and to contact you guys..

shootdownthestars
05-17-2013, 08:20 AM
And the instructions you guys posted about the DCX needing a cal update says to bring it back to PC, open DS software and connect to it to to the PCM cal update- but if I cannot get the device to connect to DS software (because of the drivers) how do I solve this problem...?

DiabloMike
05-17-2013, 08:27 AM
Thanks Mike..

Buttt how come after plugging it into my PC, the screen pops up saying it is updating- then heading back to my car, it still tells me it needs a PCM cal for my vin # and to check for updates?

When I ignore the message (red X and green check mark), it tells me my vehicle is not supported and to contact you guys..

Sent from AutoGuide.com App (http://www.autoguide.com/mobile)there are tool updates, and vehicle updates, totally different, but same process to get them.
Plug it into a PC, let the intune.exe run, and it will download the requested cal update :)

And the instructions you guys posted about the DCX needing a cal update says to bring it back to PC, open DS software and connect to it to to the PCM cal update- but if I cannot get the device to connect to DS software (because of the drivers) how do I solve this problem...?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App (http://www.autoguide.com/mobile)the instructions for DSDL are for trinity and predator specifically, there is no mention of inTune anywhere there ;)

As mentioned, DSDL is not for inTune, inTune uses the inTune.exe which lives on the intune and auto runs on your PC. The driver is not needed for anything but live streaming, if it wont install, right click the intune.exe in the diablosport drive and select run as administrator.

Thanks

shootdownthestars
05-17-2013, 09:11 AM
I read somewhere intune used the same files as Trinity or something. I think this is where I confused myself.

SO I just plugged it into my PC and ran the program. The popup window shows that it was searching for cal updates/updating. This is all I need to do?

I'll attempt to plug it in the vehicle now..

There's no way it has been this easy all along :| I have my doubts lol.

BW2011
05-17-2013, 09:52 AM
It's been 40 minutes! What happened! :)

GARRETTECH
05-17-2013, 10:14 AM
It's been 40 minutes! What happened! :)

Im dying to know too!!!:burnout::burnout:

shootdownthestars
05-17-2013, 10:18 AM
I'm sitting in the car right now with a failed tune, no push start, and a check engine light when I manually start the engine :|

WTF. Now i am terrified..

shootdownthestars
05-17-2013, 10:20 AM
Attempting again...It said it was in recovery mode.. It is now on the screen saying "Writing tune - Calibration Update"

I'm really scared guys..

shootdownthestars
05-17-2013, 10:31 AM
failed after the key cycle part???

GARRETTECH
05-17-2013, 10:42 AM
daaaaamn....get diablo on the phone right now!! remember, no tech line on the weekend!!

shootdownthestars
05-17-2013, 10:59 AM
I'm going to attempt to leave it in run and not actually cycle the key, just check the ticky marks as they show to cycle... read this somewhere for the 2011 push button start vehicles..

Sandshar
05-17-2013, 11:00 AM
Fingers crossed for you!

shootdownthestars
05-17-2013, 11:07 AM
The PCM Cal update is now complete.

Currently writing the "Diablo tune". The only other option was 91 Octane... but I've got a full tank of 89 in now.

If this effs up I am going to restore it since i've gotten past the Cal update stage....

shootdownthestars
05-17-2013, 11:08 AM
.. This thing is way too slow when you're already freaking out.

My push start better work and that check engine light better piss off!

:'(

shootdownthestars
05-17-2013, 11:11 AM
SUCCESS!

Tune completed, turned car off and held breath- push start worked and no lights on dash.

Thank you diablo for giving me a near-heart attack.

I look forward to trying the 91 tune. I have no idea what parameters are in the "Diablo Tune" that it just wrote to my car...

Sandshar
05-17-2013, 11:13 AM
I just did alil exploring and modified my throttle boost to 20% and oh boy what a difference! My baby shot off like a rocket!!

shootdownthestars
05-17-2013, 11:24 AM
How do I do that :O

OmahaRumble
05-17-2013, 11:30 AM
If you have 89 in your tank do not run the "Diablo tune", that is their 93 tune IIRC. You could run a different tune or maybe get some octane booster for the time being.

Sandshar
05-17-2013, 11:32 AM
Remember I got the trinity but hopefully it's the same for u.

Plug device to your car then click modify tune then edit parameters(I believe or it was just modify tune) scroll down to throttle boost then Max it out (20%). Then the tune will save and you're done. HUGE difference

GARRETTECH
05-17-2013, 11:47 AM
congrats stars!! yea change the boost right away....and i have used the 93 tune since getting it and loving it.

shootdownthestars
05-17-2013, 12:23 PM
If you have 89 in your tank do not run the "Diablo tune", that is their 93 tune IIRC. You could run a different tune or maybe get some octane booster for the time being.

Ah, shit lol.

I'll change it for the time being..

Thanks for all your help guys. I thought I was a goner.

Was picturing myself having to bring the Challenger to the dealership on a flatbed tow truck with my tail between my legs...

shootdownthestars
05-17-2013, 01:48 PM
okay just wrote modified stock tune.. changed tire size and 20% throttle... lets see how she drives

grandpa-srt4
05-17-2013, 03:41 PM
Couple of my Youtube video's with the 93 intune.

By the way. Be very careful disarming the traction control. The car will light up the tires, but will not stop for shit.

2012 Dodge Challenger SE Quick Blast - YouTube

2012 Dodge Challenger SE 3.6L - YouTube

GARRETTECH
05-17-2013, 04:29 PM
okay just wrote modified stock tune.. changed tire size and 20% throttle... lets see how she drives

YOH SHOOT....YOU HAVE DIFFERENT SIZE TIRES??? DONT CHange that setting unless you really do, it could throw your car into limp mode

that setting is just so now you have the ability to change tire size, and then tyhe tuner will keep the speedo correct

Texasrt
05-17-2013, 04:44 PM
That's how I felt the other day! Haha Extremely frickin frustrating !

Sandshar
05-17-2013, 04:46 PM
Couple of my Youtube video's with the 93 intune.

By the way. Be very careful disarming the traction control. The car will light up the tires, but will not stop for shit.

2012 Dodge Challenger SE Quick Blast - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw5cQeIHNzs)

2012 Dodge Challenger SE 3.6L - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VVsMfoa4kY)

Do you have any other perfomance mods?

shootdownthestars
05-17-2013, 04:50 PM
YOH SHOOT....YOU HAVE DIFFERENT SIZE TIRES??? DONT CHange that setting unless you really do, it could throw your car into limp mode

that setting is just so now you have the ability to change tire size, and then tyhe tuner will keep the speedo correct

Well it was set wrong on the tuner so I put it to 245/45/20.
Should I have not done that? I'm just running the stock tune with those two parameters changed.

I suck at this apparently lol.......

HEMIZSP
05-17-2013, 04:55 PM
Diablo needs to improve the install instructions.
I got my trinity 10 days ago, followed all their instructions. But it wouldn't load the tune. Long story short. It was on a Saturday. Spent 4 hours to figure it out.
Gave up. Found out they're closed on the weekend which really really pissed me off because I'd assume most people work on their cars on the weekends.
Called them on Monday, was on hold for 45 minutes. Loaded the tune and all I can say is Wow. Was very impressed with the tune.
But being closed on the weekends is just non sense.
I assume over 90% of people who buy their products, have to call them for assistance. That to me is not except able.
OP, I feel your frustration. Good luck.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App (http://www.autoguide.com/mobile)

GARRETTECH
05-17-2013, 04:55 PM
ooooh....no if the tuner was incorrectly set you did the exact right thing to make it your tire size....you dont suck as bad as you thought!! :thumbsup: I thought you were just changing it to be something to experiment with performance....but now the scary thing is I never even checked my trinity, I totally assumed the tire size was right and I might be the one sucking!!!!

BW2011
05-17-2013, 04:56 PM
Glad you got it working. The worst part is when you dont know what is going on with the computer. Like trying to learn Win 8 when you're used to XP.

spautrieva
05-17-2013, 05:13 PM
I would like to give a big shout out to shootdownthestars and the rest of the Challenger owners that posted on this thread.Thank you for convincing me to not mod my vehicle at all. I got stressed just reading this. Beer anyone?

Sandshar
05-17-2013, 05:17 PM
It's very simple once you get passed the update process lol

GARRETTECH
05-17-2013, 05:21 PM
I would like to give a big shout out to shootdownthestars and the rest of the Challenger owners that posted on this thread.Thank you for convincing me to not mod my vehicle at all. I got stressed just reading this. Beer anyone?

:lol: all mods come with some sort of anxiety....but the payoff usually rocks!!! at 23,000 miles dropping my valve body to add the bluetops, and later at 45,000 adding the tuner, changing my springs....there was almost always a point where I said 'WTF am I doing?!?!?! but in each case I was more than happy I did. I do everything on my car except things like wheel alignment that I cant do. But as stated previously, the biggest single disappointment about the tuner is nooooo weekend support. That takes a real leap of faith to do it anytime after 5pm on a Friday!!:guiness:

OmahaRumble
05-17-2013, 07:24 PM
Threads like this makes me glad I am using the stone age Diablo Predator. It's so easy to work and load tunes, even a monkey could do it. Newer isn't always better. I know the Intune has a few more options but I'll pass.

HEMIZSP
05-17-2013, 07:29 PM
Threads like this makes me glad I am using the stone age Diablo Predator. It's so easy to work and load tunes, even a monkey could do it. Newer isn't always better. I know the Intune has a few more options but I'll pass.

I'm NOT a monkey

shootdownthestars
05-17-2013, 10:28 PM

Well now that I've done it I could easily walk you through the process and aid you in any issues you had :p

Once I get the 91/93 tune loaded I'll know if it was all worth it. So far I am loving that throttle boost! I've never been able to spin the tires on dry pavement without even trying before..

shootdownthestars
05-17-2013, 10:30 PM
It's very simple once you get passed the update process lol

AND past the key cycle part on push start equipped Challengers..

LEAVE IT ON RUN AND DON'T CYCLE. Click the check mark but LEAVE IT. It still works without cycling (No idea why..)

This is how it effed up and I lost my push start and gained a check engine light.

shootdownthestars
05-17-2013, 10:33 PM
ooooh....no if the tuner was incorrectly set you did the exact right thing to make it your tire size....you dont suck as bad as you thought!! :thumbsup: I thought you were just changing it to be something to experiment with performance....but now the scary thing is I never even checked my trinity, I totally assumed the tire size was right and I might be the one sucking!!!!

Lol let me know what yours says as stock..
Mine was set at 255/60/20 or something wrong like that.

TB632
05-18-2013, 06:03 AM
Lol let me know what yours says as stock..
Mine was set at 255/60/20 or something wrong like that.

Yea mine was also set incorrectly and I had to change it. Just a heads up for any one else who didn't look at it......also I couldn't reset transmission adaptives from the tuner.

spautrieva
05-18-2013, 08:44 AM
Well now that I've done it I could easily walk you through the process and aid you in any issues you had :p

Once I get the 91/93 tune loaded I'll know if it was all worth it. So far I am loving that throttle boost! I've never been able to spin the tires on dry pavement without even trying before..

I am going to hold you to that, if a Trinity comes my way I hope you don't mind helping me. I'm glad you got it all figured out. Enjoy the extra power and those spinning tires. :burnout:

shootdownthestars
05-18-2013, 12:32 PM
I am going to hold you to that, if a Trinity comes my way I hope you don't mind helping me. I'm glad you got it all figured out. Enjoy the extra power and those spinning tires. :burnout:

Will do!! Just ask..

Grey
05-21-2013, 06:30 PM
I ordered an Intune today. Should receive it at the end of the week. I'll update it and wait till I burn off all the 89 Octane prior to setting it. I'm military and we only get 91 for highest. How do you get the 93? Do I need to add something? or I have to look for the shop?

shootdownthestars
05-21-2013, 07:10 PM
Grey,
Just to get you started off on the right foot and to clarify in case you get confused- You do not need to download ANYTHING off diablosport.com for the inTune DCX. Only the Trinity needs the DS software downloaded- your inTune has everything built in.

When you plug in the inTune to your PC using the usb cable, Run the application (if it doesn't autostart) and a screen (shaped like your inTune) will pop up and let you know it is doing the updates. You MUST update it. This step is laid out in the quick start guide.

After the update, take it to your car, plug it in and follow the quick start guide here. You will first need to install the PCM Calibration update to your car, THEN you can pick a tune. IMPORTANT: When the key cycle part comes (inTune will ask you to turn the car off for 10 seconds or whatever, then turn it on etc) SKIP THIS PART!!!!! Leave the car on RUN and press the green check mark on the screen. That's it. This is SO important! For some reason it does not work with our push starts and you will be left with a failed update or tune and a dead car that will only manually start with the turn key option (but will throw a check engine light..).

Follow this and you'll be smoooooooth sailing!

As for the gas, I pretty much only pump Shell gas into my car. They carry 87,89 and 91 octane though. Since I want to use the 93 tune, I am probably going to end up putting in 94 octane from Petro Canada gas station. 93 is a difficult find.... hopefully 94 is OK.

Grey
05-22-2013, 03:42 AM
Thanks shootdown.

DiabloMike
05-22-2013, 08:37 AM
Tire size is not 'set' until you change it, there is no need to enter your tire size if you have stock tires :)

shootdownthestars
05-22-2013, 09:13 AM
Soooo you're saying we should have left it as is?

DiabloMike
05-22-2013, 11:08 AM
Soooo you're saying we should have left it as is?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App (http://www.autoguide.com/mobile)No harm done, just not needed :)

shootdownthestars
05-22-2013, 11:42 AM
Thanks for your help, Mike!

HEMIZSP
05-22-2013, 11:53 AM
Mike, can you save your stock tune on your computer as well?

DiabloMike
05-22-2013, 12:28 PM
Mike, can you save your stock tune on your computer as well?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App (http://www.autoguide.com/mobile)sore, if you want to thats doable for sure.

Its not a 'backup' though, as the tune is always stored in the tool itself, and if the tool is lost, you can;t load the saved backup to a new tool, although we do have ways around that should it come up ;)

HEMIZSP
05-22-2013, 12:33 PM
So it's best to leave it on tool and lock up the tool in a safe. And let's say if you lose the tool. Your stock tune is gone?
One more q for you mike, can you pull fuse 2 while you got a tune installed on the car? Thanks

shootdownthestars
05-22-2013, 03:56 PM
^^ Good question.. also wondering this.

TB632
05-22-2013, 04:54 PM
I pulled it and the tune seemed to be still loaded.. I hope lol

fontanachallenger
05-22-2013, 10:18 PM
I see some folks have purchased this already for the 2012 3.6L challengers , Just curious how it's working. If you do
the 91 octane tune do you need to run 91 all the time after that. Curious 91 is expensive out here. Are there any HP gains running 87. Just curious if the shift points are more responsive a well on 3.6. I"m ready to buy but just curious how others are feeling about this tuner.

shootdownthestars
05-25-2013, 11:47 PM
If you write the 91 octane tune you must run 91 octane gas. Same with the 93 tune..run 93 octane gas.

Your car is now tuned to burn these higher octanes. Lower octane can cause knocks and is no benefit to the hp of the tune itself. If you don't want to spend the extra cash on 91/93 gas, don't tune your car!

YO-EL
05-27-2013, 05:50 AM
Does the 93 tune automatically turn off MDS, or is that a parameter you need to do in modify tune?

Also, what else are people doing in modify tune besides:
throttle, tire size, shift firmness, fans etc?

silver86
05-28-2013, 01:32 PM
Does the 93 tune automatically turn off MDS, or is that a parameter you need to do in modify tune?

Also, what else are people doing in modify tune besides:
throttle, tire size, shift firmness, fans etc?

It doesn't turn off automatically. You have to disable MDS.

Grey
05-29-2013, 03:24 AM
I have the intune all updated. Took awhile. I go in to tune the car and it just keeps cycling over on calibration. I get some error and then it goes to recovery mode. I'll have to call. This is what I see all the time. 68470

Grey
05-29-2013, 03:24 AM
I never turned the vehicle off.

silver86
05-29-2013, 06:13 AM
Are you doing the key cycles?

I believe I got the same message the first time, when I attempted to complete the key cycles as instructed. If you are, try loading again, and don't cycle the key when instructed, just wait 10 before pressing OK, or continue, or whatever it says.

I think there's two or three key cycles while loading.

shootdownthestars
05-29-2013, 07:57 AM
I have the intune all updated. Took awhile. I go in to tune the car and it just keeps cycling over on calibration. I get some error and then it goes to recovery mode. I'll have to call. This is what I see all the time. 68470

Plug it back into your computer, run the application and let it check for updates again.. then go back to your car and try again

Grey
05-29-2013, 09:11 AM
I didn't tell the full story and now know what happened. I thought I updated it at first. Go to the car and attempted to tune but was told to put back at pc and update. Finally updated fine then after went back to car and it wasn't able to calibrate due to I was already halfway done from previous attempt. Due to that. The intune was stuck in the middle of the cycle and that's why I couldn't tune. Called and actually didn't have to wait too long to get help. About 25min wait. Nice rep reset my intune and explained where I went wrong. It was all me. It's a bit tricky at first but after it was easy. I have it set to CAI Tune with the 93 gas. First start up, srt was running rough like I got a bad ass engine. Can't wait to really feel it out. I'll post a good tutorial for us challenger riders. So it can help us noobs. Lol. Thanks guys.

Grey
05-29-2013, 09:12 AM
The hardest part is to update it and your not sure what to do.

shootdownthestars
05-29-2013, 01:07 PM
Yeah I was ripping my hair out and had a few scares at first but once you get the hang of it it's smooth sailing from there.

I gotta tune the car back to stock before I take it to get the airbag harnesses fixed (again..) tomorrow morning.

Grey
05-29-2013, 01:26 PM
Good luck

shootdownthestars
05-30-2013, 06:05 AM
Well I just restored the car back to stock
and after driving the 15 minutes to the dealership I'm convinced the intune was worth the cash.

At first, after pulling out of my drive, I'm thinking yeah whatever kinda feels the same. Then I pull away from a red light... and just get on the pedal at some normal acceleration...and it's obvious at this point. It's not pulling hard at all and it's like I'm pressing the pedal, the engine is revving but the car is going nowhere. All too familiar! Feels like a fat girl again. Can't wait to get the tune back on....... They really make the car open up.

Grey
05-30-2013, 09:45 AM
So far I've notice little. However it's my rides first time burning 93 oct. but the little things I noticed is the RPMs are lower on steady drive. Response seems better. I haven't really cruised it to feel it yet.

shootdownthestars
05-30-2013, 11:02 AM
I didn't think it made that much of a difference until I had it back to stock. Feels way more sluggish.

The hemi guys must really love these tuners. I can only imagine how much it cranks up the V8 juice..

shootdownthestars
05-30-2013, 11:04 AM
Also I'm just running the 91 tune with 20% throttle boost and Shell Vpower 91 octane.

Haven't wrote the 93 tune yet but I'm hoping it adds a little more oomph..

fontanachallenger
05-30-2013, 06:07 PM
I'm really paying attention to this thread, I have 2012 SXT 3.6 and hoping the tuner can bring it all home CAI, Throttle Body (Ported Fastman) and Custom Exhaust. I don't like the idea of running 91 all the time but I can get used to it if the performance is there.

Sandshar
06-01-2013, 04:56 PM
Our set ups sound similar, the tune is great. No longer lag when I floor it. Yea I use 93 but hey that's the price you pay playing with the big boys!

Grey
06-02-2013, 06:16 AM
I dropped the throttle boost down to 6%. I was draining gas fast. I'm starting to notice how smooth it drives. Haven't played with the shifting yet. No more lag for sure.

Nuke
06-03-2013, 02:49 PM
I'm really paying attention to this thread, I have 2012 SXT 3.6 and hoping the tuner can bring it all home CAI, Throttle Body (Ported Fastman) and Custom Exhaust. I don't like the idea of running 91 all the time but I can get used to it if the performance is there.

First off, let me just say I have owned my car for 20 months now and have not yet had a speeding ticket (or even been stopped for speeding), but since receiving my inTune-DCX Friday and running the 93 octane tune all weekend, I now have two speeding tickets...received within 30 minutes of each other, oddly enough.

It's not that I never broke the speed limit before, I did quite often actually. But just installing and running the new tune made driving my car much more fun all of a sudden, and so I had fun all weekend...to the "tune" of 1100 miles worth of driving, 3 tanks of gas, and two speeding tickets. Your results will vary most likely.

Back to your original question of whether or not it is worth the price. Yes and no is my answer to that, as the acquisition of the tuner is not just a more fun driving experience all of a sudden. If it were, I would honestly have to say it was not worth the $450...well, I have more important things I could have spent that money on, e.g. fixing the A/C in my G/F's car.

HOWEVER, the tuner also functions as a DTC reader (hopefully I will never need), and also allows me to change my rear-end ratio and tire size when they differ from stock settings (which I will be needing very soon). Those two attributes, when combined with the improvement in performance, do make the purchase "worth it" for me.

One more thing it allows that I hope to take advantage of soon is the ability to load custom tunes done specifically for my car. From what I gather, that is unique in the world of tuners for these cars.

In short, if you are trying to decide between purchasing one of these tuners and fixing the A/C in your significant other's car, you should probably spend the $$ on their A/C for now and save up for the tuner later. Me, personally, I bought my G/F a little 12v oscillating fan and clipped it to her glove-box lid and bought the tuner anyway...she is quite displeased with me, but that's okay, I can always take her for a ride to calm things down a little...

Nuke

fontanachallenger
06-03-2013, 03:41 PM
Good to know,

I think I'm just going to replace these factory 18's on my SXT. I see so many challengers with these stock wheels I'm getting a identity crisis.... I'll wait on the tuner and go with my 22's as planned.

Thanks for all the input......

YO-EL
06-06-2013, 07:56 PM
how do you know if you have the i-1000 or the i-1000-DCX?

Nuke
06-07-2013, 02:43 AM

The quickest way to tell:
--is your car is 2011+ or newer? If so, your tuner is the new I-1000-DCX model.
--is your car is 2010 or older? If so, your tuner is the standard I-1000 model.

But this assumes you have been able to get your tuner working with your vehicle already.

If you have not had it working with your car yet, and you are experiencing errors of any kind, this all goes out the window and you would then want to determine the device's model via other means such as enclosed box label, accompanying paperwork, onboard Help->About menu, etc.

I accidently ordered the I-1000 for my 2011 first, and after being unsuccessful at loading tunes, I was set straight by DiabloSport support. Returning the I-1000 and getting the I-1000-DCX instead did the trick; now I am up & running the 93 octane tune and enjoying the hell out of it.

Nuke

rayzazoo
06-09-2013, 07:10 AM

If it is DCX, it says it on the back of the tuner.

fontanachallenger
06-25-2013, 08:07 PM
Well guys I'm to my next mod, Should this be the one or a set of blastin bobs or eibach springs. Just trying to decide if the tuner is worth the 449.00 right now.

Sandshar
06-26-2013, 09:47 AM
So my car was feeling a little sluggish recently, I reloaded the Tune and bam back to as when I first installed the tune.. Is that normal? For my car to like "forget" and return to its lag?

TB632
06-26-2013, 10:13 AM
Mine did the same exact thing....I restored the factory to go get my drls activated and reloaded the tune and if felt a lot more peppy and shifted firmer than before.

AZZKIKR
06-26-2013, 01:48 PM
So my car was feeling a little sluggish recently, I reloaded the Tune and bam back to as when I first installed the tune.. Is that normal? For my car to like "forget" and return to its lag?

Mine did the same exact thing....I restored the factory to go get my drls activated and reloaded the tune and if felt a lot more peppy and shifted firmer than before.

That should not be happening.. Once it is tuned, it should stick..I would inquire about that.

HEMIZSP
06-26-2013, 02:32 PM
^^^ I agree.
Just pull fuse 2 and you'll see a difference. I've done it many times with my tune installed. Pulling fuse 2 doesn't affect the tune.

shootdownthestars
06-26-2013, 10:20 PM
I notice the same thing as you guys. I'll start pulling fuse 2 when it feels blah again.. Hopefully that does the trick.

Blue Chally
09-07-2013, 02:39 AM
good morning folks
i got my intune dcx yesterday from BULLYPERFORMANCE BEST DEAL $369 SHIPPED OVER NIGHT .
TOADY driving to work check engine light came on and rmp stayed over 3000 can not shift gears manually stuck in drive . car felt very sluggish like i am dragging boat behind it .it is only Saturday morning cant wait for diablo help till Monday any help will be appreciated.
thanks.
ok did reset all parameters changed tire size and throttle boost 20% running like champ yes if you want to feel difference just go back to stock tune ......it is amazing...

DodgeHemi61
09-09-2013, 07:47 AM
Diablomike, Has this issue push start issue been corrected with the latest update? I want to be sure I am loading a program correct. Maybe if the push button is pulled off and a key is used during the program upload. Please advise us with the correct way to do it. Thanks

Grey,
Just to get you started off on the right foot and to clarify in case you get confused- You do not need to download ANYTHING off diablosport.com for the inTune DCX. Only the Trinity needs the DS software downloaded- your inTune has everything built in.

When you plug in the inTune to your PC using the usb cable, Run the application (if it doesn't autostart) and a screen (shaped like your inTune) will pop up and let you know it is doing the updates. You MUST update it. This step is laid out in the quick start guide.

After the update, take it to your car, plug it in and follow the quick start guide here. You will first need to install the PCM Calibration update to your car, THEN you can pick a tune. IMPORTANT: When the key cycle part comes (inTune will ask you to turn the car off for 10 seconds or whatever, then turn it on etc) SKIP THIS PART!!!!! Leave the car on RUN and press the green check mark on the screen. That's it. This is SO important! For some reason it does not work with our push starts and you will be left with a failed update or tune and a dead car that will only manually start with the turn key option (but will throw a check engine light..).

Follow this and you'll be smoooooooth sailing!

DiabloMike
09-10-2013, 11:53 AM
Diablomike, Has this issue push start issue been corrected with the latest update? I want to be sure I am loading a program correct. Maybe if the push button is pulled off and a key is used during the program upload. Please advise us with the correct way to do it. Thanks
Id advise against using the push button for any tune loading. I had a Chally here yesterday that simply did not respond to key cycles at the end of the cal update with the button, popped it out and all was well with the key.

Its so simple to do, there's no reason not to :)

KJ392
09-10-2013, 05:56 PM
That should not be happening.. Once it is tuned, it should stick..I would inquire about that.

It is the driver adaptives that the ECU has learned. Fuel and timing trims.
Granny driving causes them to happen faster. Pulling F2 will clear them.

DodgeHemi61
09-10-2013, 10:10 PM
What is the best way to remove the button to access the key slot?

KJ392
09-11-2013, 08:43 AM
What is the best way to remove the button to access the key slot?

I pull mine out with my fingernails. Pry behing the chrome colored plastic ring and it should pop right out.

Sandshar
09-11-2013, 07:01 PM
Pull ur key outta the fob and then pry from the 6 o clock angle.

DodgeHemi61
09-12-2013, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the help. I did not want to bend or damage the switch.

stormTrooper
10-17-2013, 04:16 PM
I just wanted to thank "shoot" and all the other pioneers on this thread for making my intune install way easier. Followed all the advice and successfully loaded the Diablo tune last night. Only hitch was the traction control warning light stayed on until I shut the car off and restarted it.

Thanks again!