Dodge Challenger Forum banner

13 RT 6 spd times

5K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  R/TWildChild 
#1 ·
I ran the RT again today. It ended up being warmer than I wanted but it still went its personal best.

Mods:

275/40 20 BFG comp street radials (not DR's)
Trinity stock tune. No timing or fuel was changed, just raised the limiter so I wouldn't hit it. I made some changes to the throttle response and turned the fans on earlier. That's it.

Ran on Shell 93.

Best time was 13.31 at 105 with 1.93 60'. It was launching very well but would spin hard on the 2nd and 3rd gear shift. This pass was with the stock air filter in it. The DA was 2020.
The launch pad was working well but down track was very slick. I was slipping the clutch at 3500 and then pouring it on. I had a best 60' time of 1.89, but blew the tires off at the 2nd gear shift and had to lift.

I remembered to take the air filter out later but couldn't keep it from spinning hard on the 2nd shift. Best mph without filter was 106.67. I ran a bunch of 13.5 to 13.7's experimenting with launch point before getting it worked out. The car seems to run strong for what it is.

See less See more
#2 ·
Tony you know those damn 6 speeds hit hard in 2nd and 3rd being greasy makes it even more like ice skating good information I'm sure you'll have her running high 12's soon

#3 · (Edited)
You know, I think a high 12 is very obtainable. I think this winter I will do shorties and solo cats with some drag radials. That should be enough to get it there.
It's not really a fast car but definitely lots of fun.

There was another forum member there but I can't remember his name. He had an 09 6spd but was having trouble. He had a built Arrington motor but couldn't get traction and left early.

#6 ·
My best run in my stock '13 6spd with the stock F1 tires. Those cars are pretty stout. View attachment 306801

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Very nice!! You have my by .03 at the 1/8th but the same mph there and out the back. I am sure if it wasn't spinning on the shifts it would have went a .2x.

I am going to try it one more time this fall with some good air. It ended up being 76 deg here today with a low barometer.

#11 ·
I have a 2013 RT 6 speed too. I'm having a difficult time launching. Any help would definitely be appreciated. Like launch RPM, are you slipping the clutch slow with high rpm or low rpm launch. I'm also spinning the hell out of the tires shifting to 2nd. Thanks guys.

#12 ·
While doing some spring cleaning in the car today I found my time slip, so I thought I would post it up.

Over the winter I added shorty headers, gutted the cats and added a 180 stat. I think the ole gal has a 12 in her now.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.