B&G versus Diablo Trinity at the Track - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Track Talk This is the place to post time slips, track stories, track photos and videos, and track event info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 08:53 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
B&G versus Diablo Trinity at the Track

My brother and I went to the drag strip sat and both used the Trinity 93 tune. Keeping in mind this tune is for a stock 392 and ours has mods listed in signature. The B&G 93 ecu is tuned for CAI and CatBack.

Ran best of 12.29 at 112.4mph with the Trinity. Switched to the B&G and ran a best of 12.02 at 113.6mph. 60' times were almost identical as were conditions DA at 1530 and temp in low 70's.

Now I am not real surprised based on what the Trinity tune is and is not at this point. I will guarantee once the updates are out for catback and cai the results will be at least as good with the Trinity.

I will also guarantee that if I had a CMR tune done it would out perform the B&G.

I am not trashing either here just stating the facts.

Also saw a ZL1 Camaro for the first time and best he ran all day was 12.4

The future is bright and tuning is just going to get better.

2011 SRT8 IE #996 White w/Blue Stripes. 11.85@ 113.79 with a 1.60 60' . Zoomers Catback, Speedlogix fender well CAI, Paramount 3000 Stall Converter, B&G 93 octane ECU, M&H Drag Radials. ==== Future Procharger

Last edited by indybill; 11-12-2012 at 08:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybill View Post
My brother and I went to the drag strip sat and both used the Trinity 93 tune. Keeping in mind this tune is for a stock 392 and ours has mods listed in signature. The B&G 93 ecu is tuned for CAI and CatBack.

Ran best of 12.29 at 112.4mph with the Trinity. Switched to the B&G and ran a best of 12.02 at 113.6mph. 60' times were almost identical as were conditions DA at 1530 and temp in low 70's.

Now I am not real surprised based on what the Trinity tune is and is not at this point. I will guarantee once the updates are out for catback and cai the results will be at least as good with the Trinity.

I will also guarantee that if I had a CMR tune done it would out perform the B&G.

Indy Bill I think the results speak for themselves. With the SRT LLC ECU being almost 3 tenths faster than the Trinity I think I can quit hearing the $900 paper weight comments. I really appreciate your feedback. I think the most important thing I can note is with B&G you can go fast right out of the box. With the Trinity we are still in a wait mode and will require additional dollars and effort to surpass the SRT LLC ECU. Thanx RB

Authorized MODERN MUSCLE Dealer and Installer
Trinity and B&G Tune $799 (for limited time) available only through MODERN MUSCLE

http://www.modernmuscleperformance.com/

WWW.SRTLLC.NET Tuning 2011, 12, 13 Hemi's!
sroos@srtllc.net

SRT8 IE 392 0056/1100 630 HP Tuned by B&G!
DWB, 6 Speed, SRT Option Group 2, NAV
12.467 @ 109.33 so far! (75 Degrees, 100% Humidity)
First Mail Order BG Chrysler Tuned 392
First Blown 392 on a stock B&G Tuned ECU
#3 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 10:55 AM

Thanks for the update, it will be interesting to watch what becomes possible, if you can chase down that B&G time.

Red Barron, as a meteorologist, and this is a nitpick, your 100% humidity comment in your signature bothers me...surely the dew point was not 75 degrees to go along with that 75 degree air temperature when you were at the track. Where were you when you were racing that day? Any idea of the date? I bnet I could look it up and give you the approximate density altitude and corresponding weather conditions from the nearest sensor.

'12 Challenger SRT8 Pitch Black 6-speed, stripe delete, all options
-AFR functional SHAKER hood, Hurst/Mopar short throw pistol grip W/Larry's mod, Corsa Extreme, Jet 180 t-stat, HEMI FEVER tune, BT catch can, ceramic tint/clear bra/C-Quartz...you know, some other crap too
13.56@104.38 stock tune/tires DA 7170 - that's 12.33@114.45 corrected!!!

Last edited by EricG; 11-12-2012 at 10:56 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to EricG For This Useful Post:
#32 of 1100 (11-12-2012)
#4 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 11:29 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricG View Post
Thanks for the update, it will be interesting to watch what becomes possible, if you can chase down that B&G time.

Red Barron, as a meteorologist, and this is a nitpick, your 100% humidity comment in your signature bothers me...surely the dew point was not 75 degrees to go along with that 75 degree air temperature when you were at the track. Where were you when you were racing that day? Any idea of the date? I bnet I could look it up and give you the approximate density altitude and corresponding weather conditions from the nearest sensor.
Nitpicking is ok. It was at Little River in Temple TX or close to. The timeslip is posted on this site since they added it to the official 392 list.
#5 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 11:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybill View Post

dang - that is freaking awesome.

Trinities will start flying off the shelves now with your comparison.

it's great how just a basic $500 canned tune can get a car to react the way it did.

and that's not even a CMR tune.

the Trinity is highly impressive.....
The Following User Says Thank You to Litos For This Useful Post:
SRT8U (11-12-2012)
#6 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 12:00 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
dang - that is freaking awesome.

Trinities will start flying off the shelves now with your comparison.

it's great how just a basic $500 canned tune can get a car to react the way it did.

and that's not even a CMR tune.

the Trinity is highly impressive.....
As usual you are so full of it. The Trinity time is about the same as his stock time! You are buying fancy guages at most currently. Thanx for the bump!
#7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 12:50 PM

My results were about the same, 12.32 with the trinity, 12.13 with the B&G, same track, same conditions, same day. I wanted the trinity because it can be updated, and will be, plus CMR tuning is possible. See the thread on the 392 Charger, and u can see the canned tune lost HP, but had a good gain with Brians tune. The future looks good as more tuners work on these things now that they can be tuned.

2011 GWE SRT-8 (11.931@114.91). 04 SRT-4(11.84@118)
#8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 01:00 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Just curious, are the B&G tunes in question customized to the mods in which you both have added or is this the same tune any 392 would get? What I'm getting at is that Diablo made a tune that could be put into any stock or bolt-on SRT8 that is completely safe to use in any conditions. Are the B&G tunes the same or are they tweaked for each car depending on mods? If tweaked, it's a bit of an unfair comparison until you have a CMR tune done with the Trinity.
The Following User Says Thank You to chris1992 For This Useful Post:
DiabloMike (11-12-2012)
#9 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 01:26 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04bluesrt4 View Post
My results were about the same, 12.32 with the trinity, 12.13 with the B&G, same track, same conditions, same day. I wanted the trinity because it can be updated, and will be, plus CMR tuning is possible. See the thread on the 392 Charger, and u can see the canned tune lost HP, but had a good gain with Brians tune. The future looks good as more tuners work on these things now that they can be tuned.
Thanks to you and your brother for taking the effort to do this test. I for one am not surprised. I pulled out my B&G ECU the day Diablosport released their tune and installed my stock ECU and flashed it with the Trinity. After switching back and forth a couple times, I am staying with the B&G until I start further modding and can get some CMR tuning. Until that time comes, the B&G is for me.

2011 SRT8 Billet w/Black Stripes
Arrington 448 VVT Stroker Motor, Barton Shifter, ARH Long Tubes w/HF Cats, Corsa Extreme Exhaust, Arrington CAI, Arrington 90mm TB, BT Catch Can, 180 Degree Jet T-stat, Nitto NT05 275/40ZR20's, Hopnot Total Package, Hurst Roll Control, Tuned by AJ, 568rwhp/573TQ
#10 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 01:50 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1992 View Post
Just curious, are the B&G tunes in question customized to the mods in which you both have added or is this the same tune any 392 would get? What I'm getting at is that Diablo made a tune that could be put into any stock or bolt-on SRT8 that is completely safe to use in any conditions. Are the B&G tunes the same or are they tweaked for each car depending on mods? If tweaked, it's a bit of an unfair comparison until you have a CMR tune done with the Trinity.
This is our standard off the shelf 93 Octane tune. For the guy that wants to Plug-N-Play the B&G ECU can't be beat at this time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Track Talk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode