Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Dragstrip Gs

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  JimRam2 
#1 ·
I have a strong curiosity about the subject. Have any of the drag strip guys ever checked what G force you are pulling at launch. I checked mine last night and 0.83 g was all I could pull and my tires were spinning so probably most of the g force came after I let off and reapplied power. Of course I had very poor 60' tiimes and very poor 0-60 mph evic times also. The track was so poor I only made 2 runs and went home.
I'm really curious about the guys using drag radials when they get a good hook.

#3 ·
I pulled a 1.34 on drag radials at the drag strip.
I have slicks now and going again this coming Saturday and will see if I can pull harder with them which I think I will.

Reactions: JimRam2
#5 ·
Slicks hook every time. I own a set of Hoosiers 28X10 on 17" wheels. Drag radials are not consistent on hooking but do hook well when they do.
That 1.34G was from a 12 flat run I did and it snapped my head in the head rest.

#7 ·
#8 · (Edited)
Im not 100% sure if the EVIC is accurate or not but I will test it again and post up after next Saturday. My 60ft on tha pass was a 1.74 so according to the formula I pulled a 1.24G

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.