Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Texas Mile 2014

4K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Lashlarue 
#1 ·
GRIZZ is put back together. I am leaving Wyoming today to go to San Bernardino Ca. to pick up GRIZZ. He is at Spankin Time Motorsports and Adam has supervised the rebuild. GRIZZ was stolen and striped Super Bowl Sunday. The fine work of the Auto Theft Task Force in San Bernardino did a great Job and recovered GRIZZ and his Cave. We will be Travelling to Beeville Texas for the Texas Mile. There will be four Challengers, One Viper and One Charger that will be there that are going to be running fast. GRIZZ hopes to get into the 200 MPH Club this Trip. There is another Challenger that will be at the race, that has the Modern Mopar record (205.7). GRIZZ has two drivers. I Join the 200 MPH (202.3 third fastest overall Challenger mile) club last year Driving Adams (ST Motorsports) Challenger, and My daughter Sammi. in 2012 she ran faster than I did. She had a Baby last year and did not race. She is also the fastest Woman(195.1) in a Modern Mopar. The 2nd fastest Woman will be there also. Lisa Nicholson ran a 182.3 in March and she gets faster every Race. Ed Fox will be there with his 2007 SRT8 Purple Charger and I expect that he will be making a run at the 200 MPH Club also. Jason Smith will be there with a 2014 Challenger and David Weige will be there with a 1996 Viper. I will post results.

#2 ·
Good to hear Grizz is back in action! Punch it!

Reactions: wyoming
#3 · (Edited)
No one deserves to join that club more than you. I spoke to Adam this morning and he was pretty excited about mastering the speed limiter.
The 1000 whp dyno pull was awesome !

Good luck!!

#4 ·
Go Grizz Go !!

#8 ·
How did you do? Anybody hear?

#9 · (Edited)
A Challenger went 207 and a Charger went 207

#11 ·
There was a Challenger that ran a 207.9. He also had another run over 207 and one over 206 that I saw. Ed Fox Had the Charger. I will post official speeds when they become available. I lost a tranny. I made a shake down run and ran a 192+ with only 2* timming. My daughter Sammi made the next run and lost a belt. I ran the third and hit the rev-limiter on the forth to fifth shift (192 MPH) about 2/3 mile. Next run Sunday morning went againest rev limiter again. Further investigation the tranny was going and our racing was over. We had a great time and was able to visit with many good people. Most people that new about GRIZZ being stolen were surprised to see him so soon at the races. We pushed a lot to make the race and he is not all put back together, but we did make the race. GRIZZ will wait till the next race to break into the 200+ in the standing mile.

Reactions: ChallyHo!
#14 ·
Yep. Twin Turbo Deepwater Blue is right. Cannot mention names. He has his car running great. Next race it will be over 210. Ed Fox with his Charger may be also (Twin Turbo also). GRIZZ ??????????

#15 ·
Sorry you did not make it this time, always good to have you here in Texas but we like to keep the top speed Challenger a "local", who spent a LOT of money/time to go from 205 to just shy of 208, so not breaking things is almost there, GL in March! ;)

#18 ·
No vids on his home site. Set a half mile record of 178.0 mph, along with the 207.3 mile backed up by the 207.9 mile.That my friends is moving!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.