Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2 minute solution to removing 2015 grille emblem

38K views 46 replies 30 participants last post by  Slwkat 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Grille opening is 1/4". Take 7/32 drill bit and drill center between C & H and the center of E. The posts will be severed from the back of the emblem and fall off. See photos.
Emblem will be lost but no marks or damage to the grille.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Well, this sure beats the living duke out of my Dremel method.

#5 ·
15s are different then the previous years. They have a studs and a push clips on the back.

Reactions: wasp392
#7 ·
Grille opening is 1/4". Take 7/32 drill bit and drill center between C & H and the center of E. The posts will be severed from the bank of the emblem and fall off. See photos.
Emblem will be lost but no marks or damage to the grille.
Show some 'after' pictures of your front end please.

#15 ·
Here you go

#18 ·
I am going script badge plus R/T on the rear spoiler too. Doing the Hellcat Air intake mod, by removing the headlight insert and buying the Hellcat Airbox and tube.

#30 ·
thanks so much for the info, took about a minute to remove

#34 · (Edited)
As my first contribution to the forums, and my first mod...I just slipped a torn slip of paper plate through the grille to catch those little pieces that break off when you drill...and I had to use a 1/4" bit and a steady hand...

Also, the "after" pic...oh, and my badge popped right in the grille!

Here's the link:

Attachments

#35 ·
I just caught this thread. Wish I had known about the "Challenger" emblem drill points. It was a real pain to remove w/ a dremel!! The only thing harder than removing the emblem was finding a replica of the '71 "Dodge". After months of searching on ebay I found one...certainly not new, but for sure retro. Pics of new and old attached.

Attachments

#37 ·
Hey guys I'm going to be using a emblem that requires emblem glue to replace the r/t emblem. Do you think it will stick okay, can it damage the grill? This is what the guy who sold me the emblem told me to do and he did it on his own challenger with no problem but I just wanna double check... it's the 3m emblem adhesive. Not the tape.

#40 ·
Shaker cars come with retro version script emblem, while all other Challengers come with block letter style emblem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.