Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Best way to remove front ram head badge, heat or fishing line? I got my blank badge f

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  SullyNJ 
#1 ·
Thanks to all.

#2 ·
I like using the fishing line myself. It does a good job without any chance of damage and then you can often just use your fingers to roll the left over adhesive off. A little heat will make it it easier to cut the adhesive though.

#3 ·
If you are talking a 2008-2010 front nose badge, they are two pieces. Do a YouTube search. If you do not want to save it, just pry it out of there. I went with a custom replacement. Never understood the whole Ram's heads on Challengers. I got rid of them all!

#5 ·
speedys garage has a good tutorial (at least at one point he did) on how to remove the Ram badge. I did mine and it's super easy. Pop the chrome piece off first and then use a plastic pry tool to pop the black base off. you can painters tape around the edge if your very concerned with marring the paint

#9 ·
I debadged my Tundra. Keep left hand on car next to badge and use a heat gun on emblem. When you feel next to the badge is getting too hot to touch then that should be enough to then use the fishing line. I wouldn't use any pry tools because the opposite edge can dig into the paint. Seen it happen to a friend

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.