First time running Techron through the fuel system...33k...wow. - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion > How-To, DIY and Tips & Tricks

How-To, DIY and Tips & Tricks Search for them here or contribute your own... *NOTE: This info is contributed by users like you - use the techniques outlined herein with caution and at your own risk

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 12:24 PM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
First time running Techron through the fuel system...33k...wow.

So after reading everywhere about how incredible Techrons fuel system cleaner is (not their cheaper fuel injector cleaner) I decided to put some in my tank two days ago on fill up (20 gallon treatment).

I was experiencing some rough idleing prior in the SRT, but I know compared to typical cars they do "rock" (shake the car) more due to the cam according to SRT.
Anyway, mine felt as if it was rocking a lot more than usual\not very smooth, I could easily feel the car "shake" me when just sitting in traffic, so basically idle in general, driving otherwise it was perfect. So far I'm about half a way through a tank maybe a little more, and WOW. In traffic it idles SO much smoother now, before it felt like a rough cam kinda going down and up down and up with or without A\C, it just seems to run so much smoother now and the treatment isn't even done.

I waited until my tank was pretty much completely empty, then poured the Techron in, then filled up with 93, then drove it pretty hard, I'm still amazed at how quickly I have noticed a difference, maybe it just sucked up all the Techron at the start, either way, USE THIS STUFF, clearly people aren't making this up.

Last edited by Rpaulg87; 09-01-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Rpaulg87 For This Useful Post:
Gator Brah (07-23-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2012, 01:31 PM

Do a Seafoam treatment also, will clean up your intake. Glad to hear you have good results.
Barton shifter
Old 09-01-2012, 02:19 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Photos: (1)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Someone on here said that seafoam would eat your seals up, I've not used it on my challenger yet, but love it in my older cars

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

Old 09-01-2012, 04:11 PM

Us vette guys use Techron every 6-8 fillups or at least twice a year.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:22 PM

Just want to add what I was told about the Techron many years ago. I was told NOT to use it on a long trip for maximum effectiveness, but instead when you would have a lot of short trips around your local area, with several hour or overnight rests in between. I was told that the process of soaking into any grime during the rest periods, and then burning off when running made it most effective. So the resting period is as important as the running period for cleaning things out. Makes sense to me, I'm just repeating what a mechanic said, but maybe someone here knows more.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ragtop4spto6spd? For This Useful Post:
3 peddles (11-15-2013), RoostKing (12-05-2013)
Old 09-01-2012, 05:41 PM

How was the performance the tank after the treatment? That is the real question.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by stingdaman View Post
Someone on here said that seafoam would eat your seals up, I've not used it on my challenger yet, but love it in my older cars

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Whoever said that is full of crap.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:33 PM

Photos: (49)
Every Spring I put Techron in my SRT and Viper. Chevron gas has Techron in it. If there's a station in your area I suggest filling up with it once a month.
'11 GWE SRT ( 6 spd )
Old 09-02-2012, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by SRTGTO View Post
Every Spring I put Techron in my SRT and Viper. Chevron gas has Techron in it. If there's a station in your area I suggest filling up with it once a month.
I only fill up with Chevron, however the amount of "techron" is negligible from my understandings, you don't just put Techron gas in and expect it to work like the fuel system cleaner :P. I haven't gone through the entire tank yet so technically it is still being treated, I plan to run another tank of Techron after this next fill-up just to make sure everything is clean and dandy, my intake I think is fine...I cleaned it with mopar T\B cleaner\intake cleaner and wiped it down before I installed the CAI

Last edited by Rpaulg87; 09-02-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:47 PM

is that what U R talking about??
Chevron 67740 Techron Concentrate Plus Fuel System Cleaner - 12 oz. : Amazon.com : Automotive Chevron 67740 Techron Concentrate Plus Fuel System Cleaner - 12 oz. : Amazon.com : Automotive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion > How-To, DIY and Tips & Tricks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.