Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Fuse #2 Pulled = engine wake up call

236K views 424 replies 196 participants last post by  Harbor 
#1 ·
Just finished giving my '09 RT 6 speed a bath. While I was cleaning up under the hood, I pulled the #2 fuse for about 10 seconds. I continued on without thinking about it. Then I took it for a little ride and the increase in performance was obvious!

I have been doing this for a while, and each time I am amazed at how it wakes the engine up. It is not a myth. Try if for yourself and see if you can tell.

Before you ask... pulling the #2 (25 amp) fuse resets all the "learned" adaptives that these engines learn from your daily driving.

#5 ·
Here's the fuse if you aren't sure which one to pull. I have done it several times usually after adding/modding something.

#17 ·
X2,I have been doing this to my 09 R/T auto on average of about twice a month for a year now and the difference in performance is very noticeable.Couple this with the ESP disable,Key Trick(or Predator 'Dyno Mode') & the cool fall air the car reacts like a Cheetah of the line.

#11 ·
I pull that fuse about every 2 months. It does make a difference especially after the wife has been diving it. I really notice it with my 6 speed. :headbang2:

#12 ·
I did it to mine right after the 1000 mile Break-in / Oil change. also did the throttle calibration. definitely felt a difference in performance and response..

Oh, and mine's a Automatic..

#13 ·
Someone needs to put some real testing to this. Before and after 1/4 mile numbers.

#15 ·
How about before and after datalogs

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#20 ·
My 2 cents. I have tried zero to 60 times before the fuse switch. Mid to low 5's according to the cars 0-6-timer. So i just pulled the fuse and took a couple of runs. 1st gear is the same to me, but 2nd was stronger for sure. Ran a 4.80 in the sixty. I think that is pretty good, if the timer is accurate I am very happy.

#22 ·
I tried this once and didn't notice any difference. Maybe I wasn't really babying the car enough for it to adapt to "granny" mode; at least a few times during each drive I like to bring the tach up to 3K or a bit higher in 1st and 2nd before changing gears.

Anyway, I'll try it again and see if I notice a change.

#24 · (Edited)
The fuse pull might make a differance if you always baby the car and the adaptives go rich. Now for the "throttle calibration", (pressing the pedal down) please dont tell me people are still doing that!!!!! It does NOTHING. If you dont believe me thats fine but im just telling you, it does NOTHING!!!

#26 ·
yeah i've had my car since june of this year and put all the mods on it that are in my sig: exhaust, tune, tstat, filter and never reset the fuse. i pulled it today before work and let it sit for about a min and reseat it back in and fired her up. i could tell a difference getting on it a couple times. it was nice. might start doing this every month and a half or 2 months.

#27 ·
Pulling the fuse makes the adaptives go back to zero pretty much. If you do alot of city driving and dont go WOT alot, pulling the fuse will make a little differance for a while by making it more lean than before. Which you know, "lean is mean" :) Also, if you have any long term knock adaptives set, it will set those back to zero also giving you a little more timing for a few runs. For me, pulling the fuse doesnt make a differace but it all depends on the driver.

#29 ·
After reading this, I pulled the fuse last night before I left work on my 2011 3.6L.
Not sure if I'm sniffing the proper glue or not, but last night on the way home and especially this morning with much less traffic heading into work early, seemed I felt a definite difference in throttle response and shifting. Being a daily commute traffic driver and babying the car the vast majority of the time just due to congestion, maybe that has something to do with why I noticed. IF this really works, the more aggressive drivers will probably notice far less than those of us who poke along most of the time, behind a Prius, doing 35 in a 50.
I felt no difference with the fabled gas pedal recal, when I tried that last month.

#30 ·
Well prior to the fuse pull I did baby my car. Every once in a while I would get on it. But I think its to damn pretty to be going fast by people who want to look at it. Now that I have my exhaust done and the fuse pull I will not baby it as much.
That said, does anyone see pulling the fuse occasionally causing a problem of any sorts with the vehicle in the future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.