Join Date: Jul 2010
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I assume you don't have the instructions that normally comes with the new fuel door assembly. Here is what I remember from installing mine:
- Open the fuel door and remove the cap. Very carefully unscrew the two fasteners securing the existing door. It is awfully close to the paintwork and it would be a shame to slip. If you're worried, tape the area with masking tape.
- Remove the fuel door.
- Carefully peel back the inner fender liner to gain access to the back side of the remaining fuel door "cup." The liner is made from flexible plastic so don't worry about bending it or breaking it.
- Grasp the "cup" from behind and push it outward. It just pops out.
- Position the new fuel door assembly (from the outside) and simply snap it into place. There are no screws. Ensure the rubber grommet fits nicely over the fuel tube.
- Reposition the fender liner and enjoy your new fuel door.
2010 Challenger SE
Mopar fuel door, Mopar door sills, rear splash guards, Hella H13 Xenon Blue bulbs, Mopar air intake, Kicker speakers, BT 8-ball shifter, 18" wheels