Dodge Challenger Forum banner

MOPAR Mud Flaps Issue

7K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  mpsjmg 
#1 ·
I installed the mopar mud flaps this morning, followed the instructions, but im having this issue with the double sided tape. I actually used masking tape to hold down the stick side while I installed the rivets, took the tape off about an hour later, left for a few hours, came back and now this...any ideas?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I have a set but have not put them on yet.I am assuming you cleaned the paint surface good. I would go to an automotive paint dealer and buy some 3M doubled sided tape, take the mud flap off and put the new tape on. The 3m tape they sell is made for automotive use and is very sticky.

#4 · (Edited)
you can get trim adhesive tape at most auto parts stores just trim it to fit and you may want to hold it in place with c clamps for a few hours to let it set up. Mine basically did the same when I tried to install my oem flaps. I eventually replaced them with the rpi ones instead. Have to order new ones, one of my front flaps dry rotted after 5 years and was making noise.

#6 ·
#9 ·
That sounds like the RPI stealth flaps, they are thin, mount in wheelwell and function very well, at least for a few years before they get brittle, mine lasted 5 years, and when I ordered new fronts, was given a full set for a decent price. There is no plastic showing on the outside of the wheelwell, even if painted they still stick out with the oem flaps. Both do a good job in keeping the side of the car clean. So it is only a matter of choice what each owner prefers.

#12 ·
Huh, I purchase OEM for my 2016 Scat Pack Shaker and their different then those. The one I have doesn't have or need two sided tape. I've added pic of what my mud flaps looks like. The one to the left is the front and the right is the rear. I installed them in January and they have been thru two ice storms and some snow.

Attachments

#13 ·
Yep, that's what mine look like and no tape is used - although I added it to prevent paint damage. BTDT!

#14 ·
Those might be the splash guards for 2014 and older. I can't remember exactly what the ones on my 09 looked like but they did use the 3M tape. 2015s did not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.