Rear Coolant Line Replacement - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
How-To, DIY and Tips & Tricks Search for them here or contribute your own... *NOTE: This info is contributed by users like you - use the techniques outlined herein with caution and at your own risk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 07:57 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Rear Coolant Line Replacement

Hey guys,

Bought one of the braided rear coolant lines from BMC to spruce up under the hood of my R/T. The line runs from the top of the coolant tank to the firewall where it connects to another line running parallel to the firewall.

Question is:

1. I don't see what type of connector is on the back of the line where is connects to the other line. Is it just pushed on a barb or something else?

2. Will this line have coolant in it? Should I expect a mess when I take this off?

If you have changed this could you please advise? Thanks in advance!!

2009 R/T Auto - Hemi Orange Pearlcoat, aFe Mach Force X Cat Back Exhaust, Edge Pulse Wheels, Toyo Tires, 180 Stat, Custom CMR Tune by Johan, AEM Long Ram CAI, Catch Can, "Reverse C" Stripes, Oracle Dual Color LED Halos, All things Billet Tech, Line Lock, TranZformer Shift Kit, 3G Customz Engine Bay!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 09:49 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The line you are referring to does not disconnect from the tee fitting, it is a solid piece. You will have to cut the line and use a double barb fitting(coupling) to connect or cut the entire tee out and replace with a barb type tee. If you do not want to cut the lines you could get the tee and 2 lengths of new heater hose to replace the existing. I have this same line and will be installing in the next week or two along with a firewall cover. If the engine is cold My original plan was to replace all heater lines with braided but since I've decided to go with the firewall cover they will no longer be visible. Check out the link below detailing how to go with all braided if you decide to go that route. This was a post by 08ChallengerDad, he did an awesome job on his engine bay and shared in detail what you need to do this.

New Engine Bay Mod Completed - Finally!

09 RT Auto, TorRed
Mods - Eibach Pro Springs, Magnaflow Cat-Back, 180 T-Stat, BT Goodies-(Door Sills, Catch Can, Fuel Rails, Water Neck, Engine Kit, Strut Tower Covers, Coil Pack Covers, Valve Covers, Nose Badge & Custom Fuse Box Cover), SS Braided Hoses & AN Fittings, AEM CAI, Moroso Coolant Tank, Torq Thrust M(20 x 8.5, 20 x 10), Nitto Invo(245/40, 295/35), Ported & Powdered Coated 6.1 Intake, 90mm TB, PWR Mean Street Heads, JBA Shorty Headers, Solo High Flow Cats, PWR 426 Stroker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion > How-To, DIY and Tips & Tricks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode