Web Electric Sequential Taillights - Part 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion > How-To, DIY and Tips & Tricks

How-To, DIY and Tips & Tricks Search for them here or contribute your own... *NOTE: This info is contributed by users like you - use the techniques outlined herein with caution and at your own risk

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2011, 07:12 AM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Web Electric Sequential Taillights - Part 2

Now its time to tackle the trunk lid lights. You need to remove the cover at each end of the taillight assembly. Be careful as the clips that hold it on can break.

Next remove the torx screw just inside the end of the taillights.

Now remove the 4 plastic retaining nuts and 2 scrivets.

Now comes the hard part if you are doing this alone like I did. Use the heal of you hand and lightly hit the ends of the taillights to pop the assembly loose. Once loose you need to disconnect the wiring connector.

Now take the assembly over to the work bench and install the new harness per the instructions. Be sure to use the retaining clips to hold the wires in place so nothing gets pinched during re-assembly.

Now re-install the taillight assembly in the trunk lid. Here is where a 2nd pair of hands would be nice as you need to install the NEW connecting wires and grommet plus connect the original wiring harness.

Now is the time to check the alignment of your taillights before you tighten down any of the retaining nuts.

Next you need to the install the connecting wire from the trunk lid to the sequencers. I elected to completely remove the trunk panel. Use the panel tool to remove the scrivets.

I decided I wanted to run the wire in the factory loom. So, I cut the tie wraps off and threaded the wire in the loom down to the trunk. I added a tie wrap to loom where the new wires exit the loom to keep the wires from coming out. I then re-install the tie wraps I cut off the factory loom and wal la it looks just like it did before.

I threaded the new wiring harness behind the trunk cover. I took out the scrivet holds the panel in and routed the wire below the hole where the scrivet is placed. This will prevent the wire from coming out from behind the panel. Now is the time to untangle the new wire harness before you install it. Once installed you should be done. Check to make sure all you connections are done before you test the system. Once you test the system you can tie wrap any of the wires to the factory harness to make a nice clean install.

If everything checks out re-install all your panels and tighten the retaining nuts - YOUR DONE!

Last edited by Hemi57; 06-11-2011 at 07:41 AM. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hemi57 For This Useful Post:
KaptainSpaulding (02-05-2013), ODB DT RT (02-20-2013), TB632 (01-05-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2011, 02:28 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sequential Turn Signal Kit

Hi and thanks for the great instructions and pictures. I am planning on having my shop install the Web Electric sequential turn signal kit and the Mopar shifter next week. and I have printed your instructions for them.

The sequential kit looks a little scary, so should I be concerned at all? This shop works on corvettes, camaros, etc and while they seem very professional these Challenger installs will be new for them.

Just looking for your perspective, as someone who actually did the installs.

Thanks!
Old 05-05-2011, 03:36 PM

Actually the kit is a piece of cake so to speak. 2 people could do it less than an hour if then have done one before. In reality your only replacing 1 set of light connectors and the rest is add-on wiring. No factory wires are cut and everything just snaps together.

To me this is no more than a 1 hour labor charge.

PS - I use to go to Boca when I worked at IBM in Austin, TX.

Last edited by Hemi57; 05-09-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:31 PM

Install is a breeze...... less than an hr no problem... just a note.... if you do not install the telephone cord, your brake lights will also sequence once when you initially apply the brakes, however this is illegal in some states. I Love my Webelectrics
Bright Pedal Kit... Mopar T Handle shifter...
Splash Gaurds... Door Sills... Caliper Paint... Sequential turn signals...
and of course..... Predator...
Old 05-05-2011, 07:57 PM

If were to do it again.... I would remove all the panels and taillights before you install any wiring. Much quicker.

Install the phone cord but just don't hook up one end. That way if you get stopped or questioned all you need to do is remove the panel and plug it in.

Last edited by Hemi57; 05-06-2011 at 08:48 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-06-2011, 03:09 PM

Getting Sequential Installed on Monday

Thanks for all the good information. I spoke to my shop (Horsepower Sales in Pompano Beach FL), and they are very familiar with the sequential turn signal installs, and to them its easy. That makes me feel better!

I am also getting them to install the Web Electric 3rd brake light pulser, and some other goodies, but the big item is the Corsa Xtreme cat back exhaust.

While I did not say earlier, my Toxic Orange 6 speed 2011 SRT-8 just arrived at the dealership and I am having them ship the car on a flatbed tow truck on Monday to HP Sales. If all goes well I will get it Tuesday AM, and drive right to Tint World for window tinting. Then on Thursday I have an appointment for the Nav TV backup camera system.

I also have stainless trim items to install, which I plan to do after all these items.

As you can imagine I am TOTALLY STOKED about the new SRT-8!!!!!!!!
Old 05-06-2011, 08:50 PM

I thought I best add a finished photo.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi57 For This Useful Post:
Dub (11-12-2013)
Old 05-08-2011, 10:19 AM

I was wondering about pulsing with brake lights/flashers.ill try removing phone cord.i love the way they look.great product.
BLACK/ WHITE STRIPES.FLOWMASTER CAT BACK.DIABLO SPORT 93 OCT TUNE 11%+THROTTLE BOOST.180 T-STAT.K&N TYPHOON COLD AIR INTAKE.MOPAR T HANDLE SHIFTER.HOOD STRUTS. WEBELECTRIC SEQUENTIAL TURN SIGINALS.TEXAS VANITY PLATES
Old 05-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Photos: (13)
Send a message via Yahoo to Brucer41
Just did mine today. Install was a breeze, took me about an hour to complete. Taking everything apart first worked really well, thanks for that tip. I think they flash a bit quick as my brother in law has them on a Mustang and they are slower, but what the hey, I love them!

2009 Challenger SRT8 (Hemi Orange Pearl)
Modern Muscle 426 Hemi Stroker
Arrington Performance Hemi 90mm Billet Throttle Body
Magnaflow TVS 2300 - Black Finish w/90mm Inlet
Arrington Magnaflow TVS2300 Direct Drive System
Kooks Long Tube Headers/ Kooks Catted Midpipes
And way too much to list here!!
Old 05-09-2011, 05:30 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

So Hemi57; you're from Jarrell? I used to hang out there when I was in High School. (Don't ask when that was, please). I'm in Taylor.

1st mod; Replace "Suitcase" with straight pipes.
2nd mod; Zaino show polish.
3rd mod; Mopar hood struts.
4th mod; LMI CAI.
5th mod; Had DRL activated.
6th mod; replace resonators with 18" glasspacks (Cherry Bombs).
7th mod; Diablo Predator, 93 CAI tune.
8th mod; sequential blinkers.
9th mod; 180* thermostat.

10th mod; Billet Technology shifter knob and insert.
11th mod;
Billet Technology under hood dress up kit.
12th mod; ceramic window tint with eyebrow.
The Following User Says Thank You to moparman53 For This Useful Post:
Chasboy (08-01-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion > How-To, DIY and Tips & Tricks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.