Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1971 Dodge Challenger 383 - vintage road test

4K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  Steeler 
#1 ·
Enjoy:

#2 · (Edited)
im sure many of you seasoned car owners will chime in on a time when you worked your paper route to afford this when you were 16...17... 18.. 19....etc, but this is something of days passed and I'm thankful for being present in a time where both new and old collide to create such a beautiful machine with roots in past CI built upon today's MPG standards. THANKS for sharing and look forward to the stories of past times soon to come following this video :D

#3 ·
Well I remember back in the day you could do a...
im sure many of you seasoned car owners will chime in on a time when you worked your paper route to afford this...but this is something of days passed and I'm thankful for being present in a time where both new and old collide to create such a beautiful machine with roots in past
I really dig watching these like reading a Motor Trend from 1970. What passed for speed and road handling back then would get you laughed out of the room today. A Camry can do better. Also note the term back then "Super Car" not muscle car, we argue "pony" but the E-Body was pony. Film errr video techique has come a long way too. A sharp eye will catch that a quick interior shot was not a Challenger not a Barracuda not even a Mopar B-body it was like some Ford. Still I do enjoy watching these.

...I remember getting my first Challenger used for $700 it was 1985 I just got my driver's license and...

#6 ·
I'll just say that cars back then taught you the true meaning of car control. What we can do with today's Challenger was unheard of back then in almost any car.

Reactions: USRWDV8
#10 ·
That's what everyone seems to forget when they try and compare a new car to a car that's over 40 years old.

Reactions: USRWDV8
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.