73' challenger restoration - Page 4 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Classic Dodge Challenger Specific Need to discuss something specific to the Classic Dodge Challenger? This is the place to do it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 07:41 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
WAKE UP!!! you should be out there in your overalls taking that front end apart!!!! =) get to work dawg!!!!!! no "its cold out" excuses either hah come on chop chop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 10:36 AM

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTkid View Post
WAKE UP!!! you should be out there in your overalls taking that front end apart!!!! =) get to work dawg!!!!!! no "its cold out" excuses either hah come on chop chop
haha I've been up since 6 putting in some overtime at work . When I get home I will try to get something done on her. The front end is done except for that suspension rebuild kit to put it which i plan to do some time later. That quarter panel needs to finish going up and start the long process of tacking it on. Wont be hearing the "its cold out" excuse from me this weekend though! It is in the 50's !
#33 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 06:34 PM

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I did manage to get some work done tonight! cleaned up the panel's new home because there was a surprise waiting for me when i tried to fit it again. Good news is that the fitting is almost perfect! Hopefully tomorrow I can get a good portion of the welding done on it. Also got the wheel off and jacked up the car. Good thing i planed on new rims because these rallye rims are cracked to hell

Last edited by Butcher71793; 12-01-2012 at 07:09 PM.
#34 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 06:58 PM

the edelbrock rpm is a excellent choice with a holley 750 vac secondary,but i dont think the dual snorkle will work,it does set the carb up a few inches higher if i remember correctly.
#35 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 08:14 PM

Garage
(Thread Starter)
man hearing that kind of puts me down a bit... Well I will get the RPM and see about getting a short carb. Depending how it fits my dad might just get a free air cleaner for his project
#36 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 07:07 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Keep the pics coming as the car evolves. Good luck

TorRed SE Model purchased: 2/05/09 (gone but not forgotten)
TorRed R/T Classic ordered: 4/06/13
R/T Classic born on: 6/04/13
R/T Classic delivered on: 6/21/13
Mods installed:
Mopar CAI
RiderGraphix spoiler graphic
Skip-to-shift eliminator
Cursive Challenger on grille
Engine Cover air brush painted
Billet under the hood stuff
MOPAR door sills

Member of Frederick Scat Pack
#37 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 11:38 AM

not much wrong about the stock cast iron either other than weight,with some mild tweeking a stock 383 in a e body is no slouch. you can save about 60 to 80 lbs by going with a aluminum intake and water pump housing.if you keep it basically stock with the exception of headers and glass packs and a holley 750 and a mopar''13 second cam'" with a 3;23 rear,you will have a very fun car to drive.
#38 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 01:02 PM

Looks like you have got a good project. Get on here and ebay and find you a CH4B intake made by Mopar Performance. They haven't been made in a long time but you can still find people that have them wanting to sell. them. They work good and are alum. Get on ebo e bodies only are B bodies only and find a good one. What was the casting date on the side of your block? The chrome valve covers last came on the 69 383's . Good Luck with it and you'll have a good one when your done and don't rush it. It took me 8 years to get my 70 RoadRunner going. Ronnie in Okla.
#39 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 11:12 PM
Banned

I kinda think it'd be cool to have a stock intake and stock exhaust manifolds on that 383 with the dual air snorkel all in mopar blue thatd be sweet, everybody puts a aluminum intake and headers on, for not that much more in horse unless the engine is built .
#40 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 05:26 PM
Administrator

Garage
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Congrats on the ride and love seeing more interest in the older E-bodies. I'm doing a custom 72. I have many parts that I took off as I went with the Hotchkis TVS suspension. I am running a spooled 3.23 gear with a 408 stroker motor and a 727.

Keep it going and I enjoy following along

As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I may keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride! - Amen!!!!

2015 SRT Hellcat Vin#FH716022 9/25/15
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Classic Dodge Challenger Specific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode