Looking for my dads old Challenger. - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Classic Dodge Challenger Specific

Classic Dodge Challenger Specific Need to discuss something specific to the Classic Dodge Challenger? This is the place to do it.

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2011, 02:08 PM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looking for my dads old Challenger. (UPDATE PG 6...I FOUND IT!)

Long story short: Divorce, car sold.

This was about 20 years ago.

As far as I can tell, it was last titled in Fairfield County, Ohio...but I can't go any farther than that due to privacy laws and such.

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. If it's someones baby (it was fairly rough, but still running when sold) then great (pictures would be cool)...but if it's rotting in a barn or something somewhere I'd like to at least be able to offer them something for it.

It was a 340 hard top. My dad took out the original radio and cut out the dash to fit in a cadillac radio (he was young, and they weren't collectible then). It was repainted a color SIMILAR to sublime green, but it turned out to me more of a light pea soup green color. Hard to miss. Floor pans were rusty and the trunk was almost in need of total replacement due to rust. Ohio eats cars.

Like I said it's a long shot, but why not.

Thanks.

EDIT:

BMV Site says it was last titled on 07/05/1996 with a sale price of $400 in County 23 (Fairfield County, OH). But I don't know if it will say anything if it's sold and then titled out of state.

*Only picture I have of the car*

Last edited by #794 in OH; 01-16-2014 at 12:16 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2011, 02:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to rmfootball69
Hmm, maybe Bob Frederick would know some people in that area who deal in cars like this. Try contacting him with your story. I'm not sure how close he is to the area but his family's dealt in mopars forever and hes from Ohio.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:53 PM

Photos: (53)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Report it stolen. Give the cops the VIN and, well, have a really good story in place or prepare for some time in jail. Hey, at least you will know where it is.
Mods -Magnaflow 16500 (dual quad tips) - Chrome Clad 20" wheels - Mopar Wheel Caps - Body Color Spoiler - Chrome Fuel Door - Locking Gas Cap - Hood Struts - Functional Hood Scoops - K&N DIF - Mopar Nose Badge - Fender Extensions - RPI Splash Guards - Mopar T-Handle - Stainless Pedal Kit - HomeLink - Hands Free uconnect mic - Lockpick - Boyo rear camera - Relay on plate light - DRL activated - WebElectric Sequential Signals.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:39 PM
Banned

Photos: (5)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Try placing a couple of ads in the area, maybe a small reward for info leading to the location of........

Jack
Old 05-10-2011, 03:36 AM

At $400.00 my guess is it became a parts car. Probably nothing left. However, you may want to attend the Ohio Mopar Nats. to see if anything shows up.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:09 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Photos: (14)
That is a good idea. If you attend the Mopar Natls and talk with owners of some of the older Mopars they might be able to give you some ideas on how or where to look. A lot of times the very serious guys know where left for dead cars are as well.

Good luck!

By the way... welcome from Columbus OH!
R/T Classic delivered on: 6/21/13
Mods installed:
Mopar CAI
RiderGraphix spoiler graphic
Skip-to-shift eliminator
Cursive Challenger on grille
Engine Cover air brush painted
Billet under the hood stuff
MOPAR door sills

Member of Frederick Scat Pack
Old 05-10-2011, 08:57 AM

Thanks guys. I'm sure it's probably half sunk into the earth now, rusted beyond repair...or it's been cannibalized.

I'll continue to keep a lookout though
Old 10-19-2011, 09:52 AM

Gonna bump this. My dad passed away on 8/14 so I'm quite a bit more attracted to finding this car. Even if it sits and rusts in my driveway, it's home.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:18 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

I just wanted to say that I'm sorry about your Dad, and I wish you luck in your search.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:33 AM

Send a message via AIM to rmfootball69
Maybe try the dmv? See if the vin is registered in the state? When was the last time it was titled? Any info on that title or just that it was in fairfeild county. If you can find any info on the last title holder, or even any of them down the line you could run the history of it owner by owner and see where it wound up. There are also people that specialize in this type of thing. Any and all info you have on this cars history post up here if you can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Classic Dodge Challenger Specific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.