QUESTION re.1970 Challenger SE fender mounted turn signals - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Classic Dodge Challenger Specific Need to discuss something specific to the Classic Dodge Challenger? This is the place to do it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 03:07 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
QUESTION re.1970 Challenger SE fender mounted turn signals

I am presently restoring a 1970 Challenger R/T SE and was wondering if all SE's should have the fender mounted turn signals and chrome rocker panel trim?. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 09:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to 70ta
Re: QUESTION re.1970 Challenger SE fender mounted turn signals

Yes it was part of the package
#3 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 07:48 AM

(Thread Starter)

My research on this so far indicates that the fender mounted turn signals were not available on the R/T even with SE package. However all R/T SE's should have the chrome rocker panel trim. If anyone knows this to be incorrect please let me know.
#4 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 09:42 PM

Do you have the broadcast sheet? It will tell you if your car came with an aux lighting package. If you are fixing up a car the way you want, If you are running the single external manual mirror or painted racing mirrors, the fender mounted turn signals would be painted body color. If you have the Chrome belt line trim, you would have chrome fender mounted turn signals and probably chrome racing mirrors or the single manual exterior mirror. This is the way I have seen them on original cars, but if a car were special ordered or the factory ran out of painted turn signals, chrome ones could have been put on just to get the car out. I have had three S/E Challengers. two diden't have the fender mounted turn signals and one did have painted ones and that one diden't have the belt line chrome trim either. All originally came with the wide aluminum rocker trim.
#5 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 07:01 PM

Fender mounted turn signals

Is it possible to get the measurements of the fender mounted turn signal lights with distance from fender front and distance from fender/hood gap.
Had to replace my fenders and could only get fenders without hole locations. Any help would be appreciated. If this is too far off thread, please advise.
#6 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 03:10 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsracing View Post
Is it possible to get the measurements of the fender mounted turn signal lights with distance from fender front and distance from fender/hood gap.
Had to replace my fenders and could only get fenders without hole locations. Any help would be appreciated. If this is too far off thread, please advise.
I have a 1970 passenger side fender in my garage. It looks like it had the fender mounted turn signal but the hole has been welded shut . Measuring the center of the weld indicates that the hole should be approx. 14 inches from the front of the fender and 4 inches from the hood gap.
#7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 11:58 PM

R/T SE did not have the top fender mount indicators. You can't see the RH side over the hood bulge.

When I restored mine in the late 1980s I used a pair of plain SE fenders and left the indicators on them. I should have filled the holes.

1970 Challenger R/T SE, 440 Magnum, E5 red, black top, black bumblebee. 2009 Challenger SRT8, 6speed, sunroof, nav, MP Corsa, K&N CAI, one of those clear blue tuner thingys, a nasty door ding, bald rear tires, hops like a bunny , stripe-delete, PR3 cop-attracting-red and some Land Cruisers.
#8 (permalink) Old 11-05-2010, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750-h2 View Post
My research on this so far indicates that the fender mounted turn signals were not available on the R/T even with SE package. However all R/T SE's should have the chrome rocker panel trim. If anyone knows this to be incorrect please let me know.
Mine does not have rocker mouldings on it and when we stripped the car there were no signs of filled holes. It does not have bright mouldings on the lower front valance either.
#9 (permalink) Old 11-05-2010, 06:59 AM

My 70 SE/RT did not have fender mounted turn signal indicators or the rocker panels.
Mike
#10 (permalink) Old 11-05-2010, 07:55 AM

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750-h2 View Post
I have a 1970 passenger side fender in my garage. It looks like it had the fender mounted turn signal but the hole has been welded shut . Measuring the center of the weld indicates that the hole should be approx. 14 inches from the front of the fender and 4 inches from the hood gap.
"Thanks" for the quick response. Do not know whyI didn't measure when I had the fenders. Age creeping up I guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Classic Dodge Challenger Specific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode