Cost ect overseas customer. - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Cost ect overseas customer.

Hi Tim,
Thought I would ask these questions here as the answers may be of help to others.
I have a 2014 R/T Classic I have owned since new (Imported it to New-Zealand)
The car has some mods I have done as per my sig.
The car currently has approx 10,000 miles on it.
The plan always was to Supercharge the car around this time.
Having read almost all the threads on supercharging I have come to the conclusion that your 8lb kit is the one I am most interested in, and the thread on the 2013 R/T in this section is spot on for my expectations.
Now for the questions.
Are SKU API-SC57 and SKU API-SC2011 effectively the same product?
I like supercharger whine, where would you rate these units at whine wise?
Does this kit include everything I need for install?
I see it includes your fuel pump ect but I am wondering about things like Crank pin, larger injectors ect-ect, so what arrives in the Kit covers full installation.
(nothing else needs ordered or purchased?)
Next is overseas shipping to New-Zealand, the units on Ebay (not yours in particular) qoute shipping variations from approx US$350 to US$900
This is a huge variation, what shipping options do you offer and cost please?
Finally is there a promo code/deal/discount for members here? or is there a paticular time of the year you have a sale.
Thanks and best regards Phil.

*2014 PCP RT STP Classic 28M *Sunroof, 730N, Group II sound, DCG, Paddle shift, Sport mode, Remote start, ect-ect
Mods.
*Diablo tuner (Johan tuned BP Ultimate 98oct) *Tranzformer *Twin catch cans *Hurst alloy pistol grip, Custom transmission boot/cover *Charger intake Tube K&N large pod with CAI setup *Flowmaster shorty headers SSCC *Custom Cat back exhaust incl J-Pipes *Mr Norms side scoops *TSW Monaco 2 Piece 20x10.5 R 20x9 F *Lowered 2 inchs *Pirelli PZero 315/35 R - 265/40 F.

Last edited by Phil.R/T.Classic; 02-06-2017 at 03:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 03:47 PM
Supporting Vendor

Garage
I will have to try to get a quote on the NZ shipping. We would pass it through or allow you to arrange pickup at our dock.

As for the SKUs, you don't have to worry if we know your model year. 2011 was a model year change and the older SKU fits the older models. We are working on clearing this up, but for a 2014, order the API-SC2011 and we will make sure.

The Eaton TVS-based superchargers, made for Arrington by Magnuson, are pretty quiet and efficient. That doesn't mean there is no whine, I like the whine, too -- it is subtle on a 2014 R/T, but you can tell something is going on. Check out the shophemi YouTube videos for some idea of the sounds from these cars.

Yes, the kit includes everything you need, but as sure as I say that, some minor adjustment is going to be needed. Different cooling systems are sold in different parts of the world and the radiator brackets may need adjusting (we have longer brackets if you need them). And the idler bracket sometimes needs small spacers to shim to align the belt. No you don't need parts like crank pin and injectors. It is a complete kit.

Has yours been converted to RHD? I know the Aussies have to do that. That can change some of the hose routing and the mounting points for the coolant tank. It will not stop the kit from working, but might require some ingenuity or some lengths of hose.

Our specials are targeted at cars coming to Martinsville during the winter. Nothing to let you know about right now.

Tim
_________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2010 SRT 426 HEMI - black, 5sp Auto
Mods: Arrington 426 Long Block, Arrington Ported Heads, Arrington Camshaft, KOOKs headers, Mopar Corsa Extreme Exhaust, Arrington 90mm TB, Arrington Catch-can, Arrington Performance CAI, Arrington Steel Strut Brace, Hotchkis coilover suspension w/sway bars, custom wheels.
Power: 502 RWHP, naturally aspirated
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the reply Tim,
The car was purchased new in California and is still left hand drive (There are 500 permits allowed each year for "cars of special interest" to be allowed to remain left hand drive and challengers, corvettes, mustangs, camaros ect all fit the requirements. Some years these are all allocated by March so some guys have a long wait to be able to register and use their car if they miss out.
Anyway all sounds good and look forward to your shipping qoute.

Thanks again and best regards Phil.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I am now emailing Tim directly to hopefully continue with detail / purchase process.
He has been great to deal with so far,
Thanks Phil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Supporting Vendors > Arrington Performance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode