Kenne Bell customer service - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 02:55 PM

Feedback Score: 15 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up Kenne Bell customer service

In an age when customer service is all but dead with way too many companies, and our urge to always ***** about what goes wrong but rarely praise when things go right. I wanted to post a short note about how awesome KB's customer service is.

I bought a used KB blower for my SRT8 from a private party on this forum a few years ago and after installing immediately ran into serious problems. there was serious oil leaking issues from the lower manifold where the two halves join together and the bypass valve's lower pivot was leaking as well. Keeping in mind that this was a used kit and no longer covered by any warranty. Matt @ KB not only made sure I understood he would help me get it straightened out but that he would honor their craftsmanship regardless of the warranty status.

This ultimately included him sending me a brand new manifold and bypass valve in exchange for my leaking ones, thousands of dollars in replacement parts. He has helped me in numerous other ways along the way and continues to when I run into a snag. That's not to say their product has quality issues, most know otherwise from experience that they don't, but more so that when things go wrong with a project they tend to really go wrong.

I can't speak highly enough of how much character it takes to say to someone, that even though you're not covered by a warranty we're going to fix it anyway cause it's the right thing to do. I know there's been a thread or two over the years about how KB fan boys, and KB themselves at times, occasionally get a little too passionate about defending their stuff and the people who surround them, but I can tell you that I've never run across a company that has more integrity when it comes to dealing in solutions instead of excuses and that they will be equally as passionate when it comes to after the sale service which is a valid concern for most folks who part with their money for a product or service.

These guys, Matt in particular, although I'm sure he's not alone in doing so, are as good as it gets in standing behind their stuff. Debate who has the best blower system all you want, the support these guys provide is hands down the best!

Justin
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justintime2 For This Useful Post:
FWB (04-01-2014), toxic6.4 (07-14-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 05:42 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
X2, I called in and Jim Bell picked up the phone. He answered all my questions and gave me a history lesson about the twin screw, it was great!

They also upgraded some stuff for me and wouldn't take my money.

Justintime2
Are running the stock fuel rails?

2010 SRT8 6 speed

Performance:
ST Forged stroked 393 CI motor, Blown Kenne Bell Style 2.8 LC, 148mm TB
Inertia blower heads, ST blower cam, Corsa Extream Exhaust, Hurst shifter, Aeroforce gauges, Mcleod RXT clutch, lots of other go fast shiny stuff
733 whp@11lb boost
#3 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 10:14 PM

Feedback Score: 15 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Yes I'm running the stock rails.
#4 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012, 05:43 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sounds like the last of old school American companies I like that. out of curiosity how much are the KB units for a stick 11' 5.7?
#5 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012, 05:50 PM

That is a great company to deal with. Have heard nothing but good things about them. I will buy from them when I get the chance.
#6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2013, 10:48 PM
Banned

That's just absolutely amazing a company in today's environment would do that.

I'm contemplating SC's now and that makes me lean further towards KB... thanks for sharing.
#7 (permalink) Old 01-28-2014, 06:56 PM

Garage
Really?? Cause I bought $8,000 worth of supercharger from them and they wouldn't even throw in the tuning. I ordered basically the same kit that's on their website for the 6.1L, but upgraded to the 3.6l charger and mammoth intake and throttle body. They have the tuning and programmer in the less expensive kit. Why not with mine??

1970 Charger R/T (sold)
1970 GTX (sold)
1968 Charger R/T (sold)
2006 Dodge Megacab 3500 4x4 705RWH!
2010 Challenger SRT8

Faster is always better!
#8 (permalink) Old 01-28-2014, 07:51 PM

Its probably to hard to tune. More for custom motors. They don't want the liability. These motors already have high compression. U can't add much boost without changing internals. Tuning gets trickier with added boost.

Had a kenne bell on my truck. Can't say enough good things about it and the service. Even when I started messing around with stuff they were really helpful. Jim Bell is a cool guy who doesn't mind talking to ya for a bit and teaching u a few things

2012 stone white SRT8 M6 w/blk stripes
Barton shifter, KW springs, AA catch can, Pioneer4000nex and my bad ass wife!
#9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 03:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINISTERRACING View Post
Really?? Cause I bought $8,000 worth of supercharger from them and they wouldn't even throw in the tuning. I ordered basically the same kit that's on their website for the 6.1L, but upgraded to the 3.6l charger and mammoth intake and throttle body. They have the tuning and programmer in the less expensive kit. Why not with mine??
The price sheet says the 3.6 is a tuner kit. Same thing when you buy an F1 from Procharger. That's just how it is when you jump up to the big leagues.

Whining about spending 8 grand when you didn't even read the sheet is just dumb. Sorry.
#10 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 08:34 PM

Garage
Not whining just think it's stupid that the tuner is not included when you spend the extra money to upgrade. It's also not because it's hard to tune, because they have no problem charging me for a tune. When you spend the extra money with most companies they will throw in the extras you need. Just saying if somebody bought $8,000.00 worth of product from me I wouldn't even hesitate to throw in the $200.00 tune.

Last edited by SINISTERRACING; 02-04-2014 at 08:39 PM. Reason: add extra input
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Supporting Vendors > Kenne Bell

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode