GENERAL FORUM RULES:
Our goal is to keep this board both informational, and enjoyable, for all readers.
The basic ground rules are simple: treat each other with respect, don't break the law, and if you are interested in selling something here, please FIRST - READ and FOLLOW the guidelines in the Vendor Rules section and Buy/Sell section of the rules below - DO NOT post or display any information that identifies your company, nor offer your products or services without specific authority as outlined in those sections
The following rules are meant as a guideline for acceptable member behavior. In some cases it may be necessary for Staff to take action based on their judgment and not on any particular rule herein. A formal point-based warning/infraction system is used to remind members of the rules, or impose sanctions, as needed. All warnings and infractions are automatically recorded and can be viewed in your profile only by the recipient and staff members. If you should receive a warning or infraction and disagree with its premise, you may discuss it with any staff member via PM. Do NOT
complain in threads/posts.
We reserve the right to move, modify, delete or merge posts at our discretion and without explanation
These rules may be amended at any time... Please review this page periodically.
POSTING RULES & CONDUCT:
Keep in mind that this is not a democracy. We have the right to refuse service to anyone. If you make yourself too big of a pain in the butt to the moderating community or otherwise are a bad influence on the forum, your access may be revoked.
1. Be respectful of others: Personal attacks and insults will not be tolerated.
If you don't agree with a post, focus your argument on that post, NOT the person who posted it. There is a common bond that brought each of us to this forum but, there is much diversity in age, race, gender, language, and location among our members, which will contribute to differing opinions. All opinions are welcome; disagreements and debates between members are expected on any forum, but we must insist that each member show respect when stating their opinion and respect other members' rights to their own opinions in return. Stalking, harassment or threats in posts will result in an immediate ban.
Post new threads in the correct forum category; each category includes a brief description of what belongs there.
- Do NOT post complaints about forum staff, warnings/infractions/bans, or site policies. Direct these matters to any Administrator or Moderator privately via PM and allow time for them to respond. Attacks on Forum staff will not be tolerated. Violators are subject to suspension or ban at our discretion and w/o warning
- Please welcome all newcomers with friendly advice about how to find info & resources and help them get involved in our community - If you can't be friendly, please be quiet.
- Begin a new thread only if the subject matter has not already been posted. Like threads may be merged w/o notice
- No cross-posting: Do not post the same thread in multiple forum sections. Duplicate threads will be merged or deleted
- Do NOT create a thread that is intended, or likely, to incite inflammatory responses, such as complaints against another member or competing forum
- Title new threads in a meaningful way so that the subject is obvious and easily searched. The key to others locating information in the future depends upon it
- Do not post using all caps, or all bold, font: this is the equivalent to shouting and is difficult to read
- No 'post-whoring': meaningless replies do NOT contribute to a topic of discussion, higher post counts don't make one member "better" than another, and high post count competitions tend to annoy the community and staff. Such posts are subject to removal and sanctions
- Do not post consecutive replies: Use edit to amend an existing post or the "multi-quote" feature to respond to more than one post at once
- If you must quote a post in a reply, please remove photos from the quote - don't make us scroll through the same photos over and over again
- ONLY post 'For Sale' or 'Wanted' ads in the Buy/Sell Forum
- Do NOT solicit our members either via posts or PMs to join forums/websites outside of our network. Relatedly, do not advertise or "post up" about occurrences or sponsored events, pre or post, that are, in the judgment of the administrators, chiefly sponsored or promoted by another forum. This is a form of promotion of another forum, and at the discretion of the moderators, such content will be removed Violators are subject to suspension or ban at our discretion and w/o warning
- Do NOT solicit our members to contribute money to anything. There are a million worthy causes, this site isn't the place to recruit donations. Violators are subject to suspension or ban at our discretion and w/o warning
- Do NOT override site filters for language or URLs that have been deemed inappropriate
- Do NOT post links directing users to files/programs/software that can control or harm a user's computer is prohibited. Doing this will result in your being banned from the site w/o warning
- Do not infringe copyrights, post links to downloads, or offers for pirated copyrighted materials i.e. service manuals, copied/hacked navigation software, brand logo rip-offs, etc. This extends to posting of copyrighted articles as well. Under 'Fair Use' provisions you can legally post a small abstract of an article and include a link, or simply post the link. The exception to this rule is press releases, which are intended for distribution
Report posts: Staff cannot possibly read all threads/posts, so we appreciate and rely on our members to help us keep the forum free of problem posts for you. Please REPORT spam, non-supporting vendor violations, insults & personal attacks, trolling, etc.. Please do not respond in a way that will create a greater problem. You may send a PM (with a link to the problem post please)
to an Administrator or Moderator... or... click the REPORT POST
icon attached to each post. This will send an immediate email alert to ALL forum staff, including a direct link to that post
Do not make hateful, racist, or discriminatory comments: Posts that target an individual or group based on gender, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability/handicap, politics or religion are strictly prohibited. Expressions of intolerance or hatred are subject to warning/infraction/ban
Do not 'hijack' threads: The subject of a thread is determined by the original poster. Interrupting that discussion is rude and makes it difficult to find posts that are pertinent to the thread topic. Repeat offenders subject to warning/infraction/ban
Do not post offensive or shocking content w/o warning: You MUST
Begin the title of any thread that is N
afe with the letters NWS
to serve as a warning to readers AND
all NWS threads must ONLY be posted in Off Topic. NWS material is anything that could be considered inappropriate, indecent, gross, or offensive in mixed company, or could compromise the reader if seen by others on their computer screen
- If a thread is NOT labeled "NWS" by the original poster, do NOT post NWS material or links within that thread
- ALL"NWS" threads posted outside of the Off-Topic forum will be removed
- The line is thin as to what is acceptable, please use common sense. Any thread/post we deem inappropriate will be deleted w/o notice
- Posts depicting nudity/partial nudity/obscene material/pornography, or links to same, are absolutely forbidden, INCLUDING in threads labeled "NWS"
The Off-Topic forum does NOT mean 'anything goes': ALL other forum rules still apply! Discussion of religion is NOT permitted due to the volatility of that topic. Politics & sexual subject matter can be equally volatile and are also NOT permitted. Such posts/threads are subject to removal and warning/ infraction/ ban.
Please do not insult our readers with offensive language or images: Profanity and explicit, obscene, or vulgar language, graphics, or similar behavior is unnecessary. Language filters are in place, but are very limited. Vulgar language not included in the filters should not be construed as acceptable. Circumvention of this policy may subject the poster to warning/infraction/ban at staff discretion
Solicitations: This member base is not a source to be "mined" for any purpose, including sales, contest vote solicitations, fundraisers, raffles, or donations by individuals, groups, or businesses, for profit or non-profit. Use of the PM system to solicit sales or for other sites is strictly prohibited, and will result in you being permanently banned from this site.
Misrepresentation will not be tolerated: This includes creation of multiple accounts for purposes of deception or conflict avoidance, or taking images or timeslips from someone else and representing them as your own.
Respect the privacy of fellow members: Do NOT post any private communications or contact information
Each member is allowed ONE
user account. If there is a problem with your user name contact an Administrator by PM. All IP addresses are logged and viewable by Moderators and Administrators
Signatures, User Names, and Avatars:
Signatures, User names, and Avatars must be work-safe and socially acceptable. No political, religious, or adult/sexual content or language is allowed. Non-conforming signatures may be removed without notice. Although members have the option to disable them, they are always visible to guest readers. For members who prefer not to view signatures, there is an option to turn them off in the User CP
Over-sized signatures are inconsiderate and may be removed. You can help avoid removal if you create a separate thread about your car with photos and a list of all mods and options then link to it in your signature. To further the 'less is best' philosophy, please note that the software may limit signatures to only appear in your first post on any given thread page
User Names and Avatars that clearly identify a member with a business name are not
permitted unless the member is an official site sponsor. This is considered to be a form of advertising and you will be asked to change them.
Following are general Signature guidelines - You may be asked to remove signatures that do not conform to these guidelines, it may be limited by the software, or it may be removed by staff without notice:[LIST][*]Overall Size:
Combined height of both images and text should not exceed the equivalent of 10 lines of text in height.[*]Images:
Sig photo MAX 500W x 200H (pixels). If using more than one photo, please resize to collectively fit within this 500W x 200H footprint[*]Text:
If you include an image in your sig, please limit text to 2 lines
Non-sponsor vendor logos/contact info, vendor links, product links, or other items that violate forum rules are not permitted in sigs or avatars
Only authorized Supporting Vendors are permitted to post info about their business, products, projects or services in the forum
Those vendors are easily recognized by their bold blue user name, the above "Site Sponsor" tag, and the user title "Supporting Vendor"
ALL VENDORS: Please restrict SALES RELATED & GROUP BUY THREADS to your specific vendor forums and/or the Vendor Deals forum. For those vendors who do not have their own vendor forum, please utilize the Vendor Deals forum exclusively for sales threads.
Please review the detailed Vendor Rules
section below and/or contact an Administrator for permission/clarification BEFORE
you make a business-related post if you are unsure of its compliance with these posted policies. Members are encouraged to report posts found in violation of this policy to any Administrator or Moderator by using the 'Report Post' feature or send one of us a Private Message
For details about our Supporting Vendor
sponsorship program, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
BUY/SELL FORUM RULES:
The Buy/Sell forum is for private party auto-related items only:
eBay links - NO
Vendor sales - NO
commercial sales (Multiples of a same item and/or repeats of a same ad will be considered commercial)
ADVERTISING / VENDOR RULES
- Follow ALL rules posted in the Buy/Sell forum sections
- Do not post private party Buy/Sell ads in other forum sections
- Must include asking price (with OBO is acceptable) - No speculation "feeler" threads or bid invitations
- Buy/Sell is a forum for conducting business, NOT a discussion/opinion forum. Reply ONLY if you have a lead on a wanted item, or are interested in the item for sale. All other posts are subject to removal
- Let the Seller answer all questions in their thread
- NO price-police - Seller can ask any price - Buyers can refuse w/o comment or can comment via PM. Thread-crapping posts are subject to removal
- Negotiate via PM, not in the thread
- Please make a final post in your thread when your item is bought or sold to prevent unnecessary inconvenience for all parties
- Members do business at your own risk... Buyer Beware
: These rules apply to *EVERY MEMBER*
Our Supporting Vendors pay a fee to sponsor the forum; in return, they have exclusive rights to advertise here or discuss their goods and services with our members.
We expect all NON-sponsors to respect that exclusivity!
We encourage our members to think of your forum sponsors FIRST when shopping for goods and services or when recommending them to others!
1. Offers of commercial goods or services of any kind for a price are considered advertising. Discussion of any kind about your own company/products/services is considered self-promotion. Such advertising/promotion is NOT permitted unless you are a Supporting Vendor sponsor
2. Members MAY discuss products offered by a Non-Supporting Vendor as a general sharing post only. If, in our judgment, it appears as though you are advertising on behalf of a N/S vendor, your post/thread may be edited or deleted and subject to warning/infraction. The NON-Supporting Vendor may NOT participate in that thread:
test3. Members may NOT post links to sales-related ads/ threads/ posts on outside Forums and may NOT post copies of those ads/ posts/ threads to this Forum.
Those posts will be removed and subject to warning/infraction/ban
4. Basically, vendors don't pay for Moderator protection.
Its not the moderator's job to sweep stuff under the rug so they make more money. Vendors stand on their own two feet and they will live or die by the forum. Give good service, sell a good product at a good price, you're a hero. Give crappy service and the forum members will run you out of business. Its not the job of the site mods to sway opinion by filtering information.
If someone posts about a product or reviews a product that's from a NSV, THATS OKAY. If someone links to a NSV, again, THATS OKAY. This forum is all about information exchange. Yes, it also generates revenue but it generates revenue basically because of the end users. That being said, we dont stiffle communication. If someone actually ISNT a NSV and is posting stuff, thats a no no. If someone is shilling for a NSV (95% of their posts relate to a NSV) thats also a no no.
However, posting a link to someone who isn't a NSV is fine if its just an information exchange. Also, if a supporting vendor is getting talked about negatively, its not our job to edit the posts.
5. Supporting Vendor Group Buys are permitted but can ONLY be posted by an official Supporting Vendor
. Members may not initiate, post, or manage Group Buys, nor post threads to generate interest in a GB. All business must be conducted by the Supporting Vendor. Any member interested in getting a sponsored GB together must contact the supporting vendor of their choice to make a request. It will then be the vendor's choice to proceed or decline
6. NON-Supporting Vendor Group Buys, promotions, and special offers are NOT permitted to be solicited, promoted, posted, or linked to, by forum members; this includes "feeler" threads
Please observe the following additional guidelines:
Interested in a Supporting Vendor sponsorship? Please inquire by email to email@example.com
What happens if I break the rules? Warnings & Infractions System:
- Do not post links to vendor or sales-related posts/threads on outside forums
- Do not promote goods or services purchased from a fellow member who is not a Supporting Vendor
- Do not solicit orders, Group Buys, referrals, or business of any kind for, or on behalf of, a non-supporting vendor
- Do not list business links or contact info in posts / avatars / signatures unless you are an official Supporting Vendor
- If you have done business with a member that is being discussed on the forum, and you are NOT a Supporting Vendor, do NOT participate in those discussion threads
- Do not post, answer questions about, defend, promote, or advertise your company’s services, products, projects, or related events in any threads discussing your company, its products and services
- If you are a non supporting vendor or are associated with the vendor as a vendor representative, you are NOT permitted to participate in any discussion threads about your company, its products, services and projects your company offers
Warnings or Infraction points can given out by moderators when forum rules are violated. If you receive a warning or an infraction, you will get a PM explaining the rule you violated, and will typically include a copy of the post that caused the problem. This system allows the recipient as well as to forum staff members a future reference when determining a pattern of repeat behaviors. All warnings and infractions are shared with other moderators and with forum administration to insure our use of this system is fair and impartial.
Warnings carry no points, infractions are point-based, and automatic ban results when the maximum points are accrued. Moderators can also create a custom infraction with maximum points to create an immediate ban.
Current Infractions include:
- Avatar/Signature Rule Violation = 1 point, expires Never
- Inappropriate Language or posted content = 1 point, expires Never
- Other Violation = 1 point, expires Never
- Vendor Rules Violation = 1 point, expires Never
- Off Topic Posts Violation = 1 point, expires 12 month's
- Inciting or continuing a fight = 2 points, expires Never
- Insulted Other Member(s) = 2 points, expires Never
- Custom Infraction = _(Mods choose)_ points, expires _(Mods choose)_
Points accumulated = length of ban time
- 3 Points = 3 Day ban
- 5 Points = 7 Day ban
- 8 Points = 2 Week ban
- 10 Points = Permanent ban
- Egregious violations (ie, threatening a mod, threatening other members with violence, illegal porn, etc) can result in an instant and permanent ban via the "custom infraction" and assigning a 10 point value.
Finally, please don't "start a crusade" to get a banned member reinstated - they did it to themselves, and crusading to get them returned in open forum may do no more good than to earn you infractions too. If you have an issue with a member being banned, take it up privately with the forum Administration, don't start threads about it. Remember, this is not a democracy, and forming a posse will NOT help you or the banned member.
We want all of our members to enjoy their time here. Those who refuse to abide by these policies are asked to find a venue that suits them better, rather than create problems for our members and staff --Thank you!
All posts by members are the sole responsibility of that member and do not necessarily reflect the views of the forum's owners or administration. However any and all content posted here including that in PMs becomes the property of the forum and it's owners and agents, and may be retained indefinitely for legal purposes. This forum, and its administration, do not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of information or products represented in posts on this site, or on 3rd party sites linked to by any member.
Disclaimer: The content of posts and/or threads is the sole responsibility of the user who posted them and all users are responsible for their own actions. Sellers on this site are in no way related to, or affiliated with, the forum or its agents. This site does not endorse, warrant, or guarantee products, services, or transactions between users, or between users and Supporting Vendors