Dodge Challenger Forum banner

IPod Connector Cable

WTB: 
1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  xsdbs 
#1 · (Edited)
I recently found the IPod cable plug in the center console. Now I am in the need for a cable.

I am not sure how the cable works. I am reading from different sources online that the cable will just let you play the music through your radio but not control the tracks through the steering wheel. Some other sites are saying that you can control the track selection through the steering wheel. So I don't know what I need.

So if you have a cable that will let me run an IPod through my sterring wheel via use of the port in my center console... please let me know. If not, please send me a private message to a place that I can get one.

This is what I have in the center console

Email me at:
tfleming05@snet.net

See less See more
#2 ·
Search on this forum provides this info:

Challenger Ipod Interface Kit
Mopar Accessory 82210848ab

Ipod Interface kit for a 2008 - 2010 Dodge Challenger. iPod Interface Kit allows you to play your iPod music files directly through your vehicle's audio system. Simply plug your iPod into the custom cable. You control your music selection through your iPod control wheel.
Provides FM-bounded transmissio­n of music files through the vehicle's audio system. For use on RES, REQ, REN & RER radios.

#5 ·
This is not the right part. I have this same plug on my Challenger, and it definitely does not use an FM signal - it's digital - and will allow you to control the iPod via the steering wheel controls, as well as the stereo itself. Additionally, it will display information on the radio itself. My 2009 came with a black tipped version which does not charge newer iPods/iPhones - what you're looking for is the white tipped version discussed in this thread:

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f202/uconnect-iphone-charging-49713/

Search on this forum provides this info:

Challenger Ipod Interface Kit
Mopar Accessory 82210848ab

Ipod Interface kit for a 2008 - 2010 Dodge Challenger. iPod Interface Kit allows you to play your iPod music files directly through your vehicle's audio system. Simply plug your iPod into the custom cable. You control your music selection through your iPod control wheel.
Provides FM-bounded transmissio*n of music files through the vehicle's audio system. For use on RES, REQ, REN & RER radios.

#6 ·
Not to step on the OP's toes, but if anyone else has one that they are not using and willing to let go I would greatly appreciate it.

Please pm me. I have an 09 Challenger

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.