Dodge Challenger Forum banner

0-60 times.

15K views 71 replies 37 participants last post by  USMCAv8R 
#1 ·
Okay, lets see how much juice folks have been giving their shiny new 392's by posting your best 0-60 times. Honesty people.

I'll kick it off. Did a gentle 6.03 during run in last week. Hit 500miles yesterday and even without full throttle, traction control on and no pre-revving before dropping the brake it did a 5.25s today. Mines an auto. I feel it needs a bit more easing in before I really let it rip. There's definitely a lot more time it the car.

Be great to hear if anyone has slammed out a sub 4.5s yet.

#66 ·
Ricor said:
Every car is going to run a little different, I am at sea level and the driver skill in a manual is key. The speedo also cannot keep up with fast acceleration so the 0-60 timer goes off of the computer speed, not the speedo. Speedo's are actually buffered so they do not show slight wheel spin, or in hard acceleration, a chirp (which is 1/10 to 1/4 wheel spin).

I'm not sure why people find it hard to believe, and seem to think every car and driver is the same. Human nature I guess. I don't need validation, I thought people would enjoy this. My bad.
:scratchhead:!!

Here, read through this....http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f100/post-your-personal-best-0-60-times-55693/

#68 ·
Check out this 0-60 calculator.
Calculators, 0-60 mph & 1/4 Mile Times, Rim Weights | Measurespeed

your goona need >525 HP to get a 4200Lb + the driver's weight to get your car sub 4 seconds.

They show the manual a litter quicker 0 -60 than the autos. We know the manuals are .4 slower in the quater
than the A5s becuase they have to do an additional shift. Guess it's not a factor in 0 60.
4.46 in a 2012 A5 with a B&G 93 tune, CAI and very little to no wheel spin is all I can muster.

#70 ·
My first few 5-10 tries today I was spinning all over the place trying to dump the clutch at 1500 RPM and flooring it and kept coming up at 5.1 - 5.5. Even when I was spinning off the line I never got those weird sub 4 times that I"ve seen on here, I just finished out the run. On this run, I let the clutch up just before the release point and simultaneously floored it as I let the clutch out the last 10% and hooked right up. I honestly wasn't focused on a specific launch RPM because that wasn't working for me. I was focused on matching clutch release with heavy throttle to avoid spinning. I guess I must have been on the low end when I started to roll, around 1200-1300 or so and then put the pedal to the floor and the car just lurched off the line like a slingshot and executed perfect shifts to 2nd and 3rd. I'm surprised I never hit the rev limiter as I went right into the red and beyond a little on 1-2. Not sure if I hit 60 in second at 6500rpm or third. I found the key is the clutch release point simultaneously with throttle. I guess that's a no brainer but easier said than done. This car is extremely difficult to launch with the manual. The car has 2000 miles on it and I only drive it now and then so it's taken me some time to find the sweet spot. We'll see what happens next time I take her out now that I have a clue.

#71 ·
Every A-Hole is a expert on the internet. EPA states horrible numbers for highway for the R/T but I can avg 29-31....I must be wrong because it's posted at 23 somewhere on the internet!

I ran a 4.9 0-60 with my R/T with little wheelspin. Blasphemy it states 5.1-5.5! This forum is just starting to become flooded with WTB's (whiney titty babies) sorry just pointing out a fact.

Sent from my HTC Rezound with the AutoGuide App.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.