Dodge Challenger Forum banner

0-60 times.

15K views 71 replies 37 participants last post by  USMCAv8R 
#1 ·
Okay, lets see how much juice folks have been giving their shiny new 392's by posting your best 0-60 times. Honesty people.

I'll kick it off. Did a gentle 6.03 during run in last week. Hit 500miles yesterday and even without full throttle, traction control on and no pre-revving before dropping the brake it did a 5.25s today. Mines an auto. I feel it needs a bit more easing in before I really let it rip. There's definitely a lot more time it the car.

Be great to hear if anyone has slammed out a sub 4.5s yet.

#6 ·
Don't laugh, but what is the ESP ? How do you turn it off ? Where is it located ? My car is #977, and has an Automatic ! I've only got 335 mi on it , but I love it ! You should not laugh at old people.! Thats by chance your laughing, Thanks John Lang
ESP is the Electronic Stability Program...it looks after both the Traction Control system and YAW control system (trying to fishtail around a corner it will work the brakes to stop it).

There is a little button on the radio stack at the bottom....press it once and it will allow more spirited driving and wheel spin....press and hold it for 8-10 seconds, and you will here a chime....that means the system is completely disabled.

#7 · (Edited)
Best time right now is 4.82 with esp on. I havent tried off but I will. I already have 3400 miles on mine. I just got a ticket the other day so I've been cooling my jets for a little bit. Luckily I got let off with a warning, I was doing 86 in a 55. Definitely time to let my old @$$ passport go and upgrade to the Valentine one.

Hey 09r/t you have any larger pics of your ride? I have a DWB IE and have been interested to see what the viper wheels would look like.

John Lang its alright bro, that's what the forums all about. you may run into jerks but disregard.

#8 ·
Quick Time!

Have been breaking in my IE 392 #862 across the RPM range for the last month. Currently have 300 miles on it and just had to see what she could truly do and here are the numbers: Temp=85 degrees, Surface=New asphalt, Humidity=45%, warm up drive across city. Results: loss of grip in rear end in first but grabbed in 2nd and thrid was blistering:0-60.....3.64 sec! Seriously! See the attached "BEST TIME" pic!!!

Attachments

#9 ·
Have been breaking in my IE 392 #862 across the RPM range for the last month. Currently have 300 miles on it and just had to see what she could truly do and here are the numbers: Temp=85 degrees, Surface=New asphalt, Humidity=45%, warm up drive across city. Results: loss of grip in rear end in first but grabbed in 2nd and thrid was blistering:0-60.....3.64 sec! Seriously! See the attached "BEST TIME" pic!!!
were you going down the side of a mountain when you got that time?

dont beat on a 300 mile car....not a good idea

#12 ·
Hello I have nummber 773. With 500 miles on the clock, I did a couple pulls. In Wisconsin the temperature is cooler, below 50 degrees. Maybe that explains the 4.19 I got. I did inumerable 0-60s with my prior 2010 6 speed. Gradually got that down to a consistent average 5.0, with a best of 4.94. I would frequently get a 4.96, 5.06, 5.01, tight groups with my 2010. But this car has far more torque in the lower range. I will wait now, for more miles, but so far, I am very encouraged. I do not have the same desire to experiment with this car as my prior. It just feels so good, that bottom end torque!

#13 ·
600 miles on the car

1st pass 4.86, 2nd pass 5.2

traction control on, NO auto stick....i just floored it the first time and got lucky i guess to get a 4.86

2nd try i tried to feather in the launch, but when i finally did floor it the car slid

i found the shift into 2nd gear to be extremely slow....no snap at all....no churp from the tires...it felt like 1 second just to shift....maybe the auto stick will help that

oh yea i also had a passenger .....i can easily see beating 4.5 if i lost the passenger and got a skid free launch

if this engine is like all the rest ive owned i would assume we can expect a HP increase at 10,000 miles when its fully broken in

2 blocks from my house there is a straight away around 1 mile long with farm fields on either side (no driveways)...perfect spot....problem is cop shop is at the end.....in my area no police on weekends, so i can do as i wish on that road

#14 ·
I pulled a 5.1 the other day. Wasn't trying super hard, just wanted to do a quick but not "balls out" run from a stop-light in town. I'm having a hard time finding a good place to do a "balls out" 0-60 run. Mine is an automatic with about 1500 miles on it.

#18 ·
My best so far in my 2010 R/T has been a 5.07. A 392 has 100 more hp than me. Shouldn't the 392 be in the 4.50 range??
It should. But I think it's more of a case where the driver's need to catch up to the cars. We'll get there.

P.S. I got my stock 6spd '09 SRT8 into the 4.5Xs when I "figured her out". I can't wait to get some more miles on my 392 so that I can see what she'll do.

#16 ·
im sure if you took my passenger away and gave me 10 attempts id get 4.5 easy

the automatic shifted extremely slowly....or i was spinning into 2nd w/o knowing it

4.86 on the first attempt without autostick and traction on tells me 4.5 should be doable

#19 · (Edited)
A proper no wheel spin launch is key. My 1st 0-60 in my 10 SRT8 auto when stock was a 4.48. 4.3-4.5 was my normal stock range. With a tune & practice 4.1s are the norm. I use the same test site that's 1/2 mile long starting at 220' & ending at 270' elevation.

With practice I would expect the 11 SRT8s to be hitting some low 4s 0-60.

#22 · (Edited)
that would be a question for "Heminator"

I only did 2 runs. The first the back end just cut loose from a stand still with ESP on and did like 5.1

The second, I rolled about 10 feet and punched it. 4.64

Both with AUTO STICK and I shifted myself (to 2nd) at about 5900 rpm. (give or take)

I didn't want to redline it. 1900 miles on odo

#23 · (Edited)
It's ok & actually helps to break-in the rings to redline (engine at operating temp of coarse) when new but not for very long....... back to launch

Try staging at 1200-1500rpms in auto stick, ESP on, let off brake then ease the gas peddle to 1/2 position without spinning the tires then floor at a rate that does not spin the tires if possible and let the auto do the shifting then post the results.

It may seem like a soft start but you lose less time than you do when you are spinning your wheels.

#25 ·
OK with 6 spd. I have had 4 0-60s that I would count 4.64, 4.80. 4.85. 4.92 It all depends on my start and how much wheel spin in 2nd. Some other times all below 4 seconds are nonsense, because of 2nd gear wheel spin. I think with stickier tires, I have Eagle RS-As not F1s, I could get 4.5s. But I dont want to test it too much, I am satisfied by its seat of pants acceleration, it is better than my 6.1 had.

#27 ·
John, ESP (Electronic Stability Program) is the traction control system. The default is ON. There is a switch in the center stack that is labeled ESP OFF. Press it and it disengages the traction control. Press it and hold for 6-8 seconds (it will ding) and you will disengage the traction control and the Brake assist (BAS). You can use this to engage in more spirited driving. Control of your car, however, is now entirely up to you.

#29 ·
Pulled a 4.31 last night on my way home in the cool 55 degree night air :)

ESP on, horrible launch (tried to launch at around 1800, I think the ESP kicked in and I bogged badly off the line)

Can't wait to see what this car can do once I learn to launch this 6 speed properly :thumbsup:

#31 ·
Don't be misled by those sub 4.0s scores, or even low 4s with a bad launch, on the evic. I have now driven two inaugurals and have managed 3.4s to 3.8 on the evic. Please watch carefully. It is not timing the end of a 60mph car run, which would be 2nd gear near redline, it is timing the wheelspin at the 2nd gear shift which for a brief second hits 60 mph while the car is nowhere near 60 mph. If you watch the guage closely while doing the run, you can see it happening. My current car, does not time prematurely that much anymore. Tonite, in 45 degree air, with what felt like a fairly decent launch, I got 4.58. The car can easily do 4.7s and 4.8s with mediocre launches. The car is completely stock. Those are very respectable times, for a car of this weight. 3.8s etc, are the province of a car 1000 lbs lighter with close to 500 horsepower.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.