0-60 times. - Page 8 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Featured Product
Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > 6.4L / 392ci (2011 - ?)

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 05:47 PM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Every A-Hole is a expert on the internet. EPA states horrible numbers for highway for the R/T but I can avg 29-31....I must be wrong because it's posted at 23 somewhere on the internet!

I ran a 4.9 0-60 with my R/T with little wheelspin. Blasphemy it states 5.1-5.5! This forum is just starting to become flooded with WTB's (whiney titty babies) sorry just pointing out a fact.

Sent from my HTC Rezound with the AutoGuide App.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2012, 07:49 PM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Originally Posted by cc4303 View Post
My first few 5-10 tries today I was spinning all over the place trying to dump the clutch at 1500 RPM and flooring it and kept coming up at 5.1 - 5.5. Even when I was spinning off the line I never got those weird sub 4 times that I"ve seen on here, I just finished out the run. On this run, I let the clutch up just before the release point and simultaneously floored it as I let the clutch out the last 10% and hooked right up. I honestly wasn't focused on a specific launch RPM because that wasn't working for me. I was focused on matching clutch release with heavy throttle to avoid spinning. I guess I must have been on the low end when I started to roll, around 1200-1300 or so and then put the pedal to the floor and the car just lurched off the line like a slingshot and executed perfect shifts to 2nd and 3rd. I'm surprised I never hit the rev limiter as I went right into the red and beyond a little on 1-2. Not sure if I hit 60 in second at 6500rpm or third. I found the key is the clutch release point simultaneously with throttle. I guess that's a no brainer but easier said than done. This car is extremely difficult to launch with the manual. The car has 2000 miles on it and I only drive it now and then so it's taken me some time to find the sweet spot. We'll see what happens next time I take her out now that I have a clue.
Awesome, I might have to go for the feel routine instead of a fixed RPM. I would love to get that time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > 6.4L / 392ci (2011 - ?)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.