2012 SRT8 on the lot--how much would you pay? - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#11 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 02:41 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgen View Post
If you know exactly which one you want, what do they need a salesman for? All he's gonna do is have to ask the GM to approve the price anyways (which he's gonna wanna make sure still has room for his commission). Why not just go to the GM and just talk to the GM?

No salesman needed if you already know what you want. It's just a matter of will they give you your price or not. Buyer's market...
I dont think most people realize that at or near invoice the is no commission. So when the ball busters come in at try to get every last dime off of the deal the salesman makes $50-$100 and most of the time they waste the better part of the day trying to get that $50. Then, typically that cheap SOB that just ground you for hours on the price will go and drop $2k plus on accessories.

That felt good.

Now from a sales mans POV. just come in with what you want to pay for it (be reasonable) tell them if they can do that deal thats great... if not you walk. Simple. Dont waste the salesman time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 02:49 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicOJ View Post
Then, typically that cheap SOB that just ground you for hours on the price will go and drop $2k plus on accessories.

Maybe the salesman should get into a different industry or different career and not have to worry about the cheap SOB's out there. I say screw the salesman who would love nothing better then to bend me over and take me for everything he/she can. And maybe, just maybe if the salesman was shrewd enough, he/she could have sold the SOB the accessories or an extended warranty.
The Following User Says Thank You to sitedrifter For This Useful Post:
driller (02-06-2013)
#13 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 02:56 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Where in Florida is this Challenger? I live in the Trinity/New Port Richey area
Miami.

Quote:
Go into the dealer and say "who wants to sell me a car !??"

then point at the Challenger and say "I'll sign papers within 30 minutes if someone wnats to give me that one for $43K".
I'd like to do that, buit I live >500 miles away from the dealer. I'd have to fly down and pick it up.
#14 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgen View Post
No salesman needed if you already know what you want. It's just a matter of will they give you your price or not. Buyer's market...
so you will agree on the price, contact banks to get loans and write the contract yourself lol ??

you don't have to go straight to the GM as soon as you walk in, that's why there are salesmen there.

GM wants to move cars moreso than a salesman - problem is that he's not the one that is going to sit there with you for a couple hours chasing documentation, contacting banks and running back and forth between you, finance and the guys at make-ready....
#15 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersteel View Post
I'd like to do that, buit I live >500 miles away from the dealer. I'd have to fly down and pick it up.
i feel your pain.

i basically worked my entire deal over the phone - and i had a trade in.

drove 480 miles to pick my car up.
#16 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 03:33 PM

Find a car close to home and do the deal face to face, or work with the internet sales guy, they are usually more reasonable. Make an offer and let them call you back.

2014 TorRed "Shaker" R/T Challenger 6 speed
Shaker Number 1949
Radar Red Interior
Blastin Bob's Resonator Eliminators
Richard Petty TorRed Strut Bar

2010 FURIOUS FUCHSIA R/T Classic 6 speed
Mopar hood struts
Billet Technology HEMI nose badge
Mopar Dodge wheel caps
DRL's enabled
Blastin Bob's Resonator Eliminators
K & N drop in air filter

2014 Ram 1500 Express 4 x 4 Flame Red hEMI 5.7
#17 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 03:35 PM

Call the dealership, ask for the Internet sales manager. They'll usually do a fair deal with minimal hassle.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
#18 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 03:36 PM

These cars are priceless!
Best cars ever built!

2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8
1st 2012 Challenger SRT8 in Abu Dhabi
Mopar T handle shifter - Parking Sensors
GardX Paint & Leather Protection - Vcool tinting
#19 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
I dont think most people realize that at or near invoice the is no commission. So when the ball busters come in at try to get every last dime off of the deal the salesman makes $50-$100 and most of the time they waste the better part of the day trying to get that $50. Then, typically that cheap SOB that just ground you for hours on the price will go and drop $2k plus on accessories.

That felt good.
Hrm. In many professions $50/hr is damn good pay. Even $25/hr is above median income. So a salesman complaining that he had to put in an hour or two to squeeze an extra $50 seems silly--*unless* in the course of that hour he passed up other customers willing to pay him more.

In my experience, any time I've visited a dealership, there have been no fewer than 1/2 a dozen salesman just idling around. The few that are with customers don't seem to have time constraints on working their marks...

If it really is not worth an hour or two to squeeze that extra $50, then *why push it*? Just make the deal and get what you can and move on to the next. After all, every bit a salesman pushes risks the sale entirely--better to get some/low commission than no commission... and, the buyer will probably feel much better about it as well rather than ground upon--which is a miserable experience.

Quote:
Now from a sales mans POV. just come in with what you want to pay for it (be reasonable) tell them if they can do that deal thats great... if not you walk. Simple. Dont waste the salesman time.
No one wants to waste the salesman's time, and vice-a-versa no one wants a salesman to waste their time. I can recount innumerable experiences from friends and family where the salesman worked them for *hours* at length to squeeze them for every last dime. One friend was worked by multiple salesman simultaneously for nearly 6 hours, late into the night grinding her down until she finally caved. It was very mean and unsavory.

I wonder who's time is really more valuable: the buyer's or the seller's? Maybe that's one of the magic ingredients to determining who winds up w/the better end of the deal?
#20 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 03:43 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
man l wise l could afford an SRT!!!..... one day maybe

R/T (used to be Cuda Cliff) Bee

1954 Plymouth Savoy
1959 Chevy Apache

"She may not be the youngest gal at the ball ... but she can still turn a head or two"

[/url]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > 6.4L / 392ci (2011 - ?)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode