2013 Challenger Launch Control - Page 9 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Featured Product
» Auto Insurance

» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > 6.4L / 392ci (2011 - ?)

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 07:39 PM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Still don't get how this works. So, you're sitting at a light and a ricer-mobile want to race you. (Street has been cordoned-off since street racing is BAD!! -, no innocent civilians allowed in the area - no really). You press escape 2x to activate, rev to whatever RPM, pop clutch(?)/let clutch out and launch control flings you ahead like a pro?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2012, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by 2kewl View Post
Still don't get how this works. So, you're sitting at a light and a ricer-mobile want to race you. (Street has been cordoned-off since street racing is BAD!! -, no innocent civilians allowed in the area - no really). You press escape 2x to activate, rev to whatever RPM, pop clutch(?)/let clutch out and launch control flings you ahead like a pro?
I suspect that what happens with 6spd cars is you hold the gas to the floor signalling the computer to regulate the throttle for you with bias toward power. I doubt it controls the clutch so that would be your responsibility but I bet it keeps the engine at a set rpm for you until you are off the clutch. There might even be some factors in there for throttle management regarding wheel spin too. Just a guess as to how it would work. I think page one of this thread had more description.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:14 AM

it holds the rpm's at the perfect desired rpm

so you floor it, but it stays at 2,500 rpms....then you sidestep the clutch and watch it go

IM GOING TO DRIVE OVER YOUR CAR
AND DO A BURNOUT ON YOUR HOOD!
Old 12-24-2012, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by huggytree View Post
it holds the rpm's at the perfect desired rpm

so you floor it, but it stays at 2,500 rpms....then you sidestep the clutch and watch it go
AHA! - the key info - mystery solved - I think. When in launch mode, RPM defaults to 2500 even though it's floored. And you can change launch RPMs in the "SRT exclusive EVIC"

It does say that on the 1st post but I couldn't grasp the concept due to cranial density issues.

Presumably 2500 RPM is the default and you can adjust it down to the optimal 1825 (as posted by someone else).

OK, so now you're happily off the line. The launch control disengages at 1st shift or you have to hit ESC again? Probably don't want to be cruising along at 2500 RPM all day.

Do you have to adjust RPM in the EVIC each time or does it store the previous one.

(Apologies for the TOTAL NOOB questions - I don't have the car yet or I'd try and figure it out)

Thanks in advance (and Merry Christmas)
Old 12-24-2012, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by 2kewl View Post
AHA! - the key info - mystery solved - I think. When in launch mode, RPM defaults to 2500 even though it's floored. And you can change launch RPMs in the "SRT exclusive EVIC"

It does say that on the 1st post but I couldn't grasp the concept due to cranial density issues.

Presumably 2500 RPM is the default and you can adjust it down to the optimal 1825 (as posted by someone else).

OK, so now you're happily off the line. The launch control disengages at 1st shift or you have to hit ESC again? Probably don't want to be cruising along at 2500 RPM all day.

Do you have to adjust RPM in the EVIC each time or does it store the previous one.

(Apologies for the TOTAL NOOB questions - I don't have the car yet or I'd try and figure it out)

Thanks in advance (and Merry Christmas)
The SRT video on launch control explains this better, but essentially launch control on the 6 speed continues to regulate throttle and torque applied to the wheels through the 1-2 shift on the manual 392. It doesn't hold 2500rpm forever, just during the launch while your foot is to the floor. Then it controls the throttle to achieve maximum acceleration to 62mph.
Shipped: 1/23/2013
Delivered: 2/14/2013
Old 01-02-2013, 09:22 AM

Launch Control

I just bought an R/T last week and I was reading this thread and looked through the manual and found nothing on it but I found an "Addendum" that was with my paperwork in the glove box. I haven't had the chance to get to the garage as it is nasty weather hear in the Cleveland area to check the car. Although it states "this vehicle is equipped with a Launch Control System". Although it refers to "you're owner manual and SRT of you're user guide. The way it's worded (probably printed on China) it doesn't actually say and "the SRT section" of you're user guide. It describes how the actually use this function for both Automatic and Manual shift cars. It's a yellow heavy paper notice that's about 6by 8 so if anyones interested they could stop by a local dealership and make a copy of it. Again it's included with all the papers and owners manual in the glove box. I so far assume my R/T doesn't have it so I'm not sure shy they include it in the R/T cars and not just the SRT's. My car is a 2013 and I can't even tell you the build date right now just thought I'd add my two cents as a new member on the forum. Also in the instructions it states you set the RPM's by the EVIC on the dash that you want. Take care and Happy New Year all !
Old 01-02-2013, 09:43 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Only comes on SRTs....This was in my glove dept...notice that it wont activate until car has 500 miles on it.

BLACK CLEAR COAT NO OPTIONS EXCEPT STRIPE DELETE AND AUTO....MODS: ARRINGTON 6.4 BASED 426 * 513 RWHP / 517 RWTQ * AFR FUNCTIONAL SHAKER HOOD SCOOP * 3.73 GETRAG * KW COIL OVERS * MAGNAFLOW HIGH FLOW MIDS * CORSA EXTREME CATBACK.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:55 AM

So what is the expected 0-60 times with this new fandangled Launch Control?
Old 01-02-2013, 12:20 PM

finally it Appears we actuallly have ONE member who actually HAS launch control

lets get some reviews?????
Old 01-02-2013, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by TNCHARGER View Post
notice that it wont activate until car has 500 miles on it.
Interesting... SO, SRT does use "mileage" as a trigger within the coding of the ECM to unleash vehicle performance features and thresholds...

Hmmmm!

Last edited by gr8srt8; 01-02-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > 6.4L / 392ci (2011 - ?)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.