2015 Challenger SRT - daily driver and 20,000 miles later - Page 3 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 02:55 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedShift View Post
Glad to hear the Challenger is treating you well.

Do you have Laguna leather interior? If so, I was wondering how it is holding up.
I have heard of some issues w/sagging, loose fit and possible bolster problems.

I agree on the high octane fuel, and am a BIG believer in snow tires for a winter ride. Huge difference in braking and control w/ decent sow tires.

Ive got the Laguna Leather. Mine still looks great..getting a little wear on the left side of the drivers seat as I usually sit in the car sideways and then pull my feet in as opposed to just stepping right into the car and its wrinkled the leather a bit on both the seat back and bottom on the left side of the seat. Not too bad though.

I also have a slight squeak/creak in the drivers seat sometimes. I think it comes from the base of the seat and only noticed it 2x recently but it doesnt seem to do it all the time.

I think my average fuel mileage is about 20 mpg in 23k miles.

Last edited by SnakeBT6; 03-01-2017 at 02:57 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to SnakeBT6 For This Useful Post:
SpeedShift (03-01-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 05:37 PM

Heres a shot of my interior at 23k Miles...Leather holds up fine really. If you click on and make full size the drivers side pic youll see where the crease lines are on the side of the seat bottom.

Passenger side is almost like new.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170220_1331386[1143].jpg
Views:	131
Size:	388.6 KB
ID:	775834   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170220_1330166[1132].jpg
Views:	111
Size:	527.8 KB
ID:	775842  

Last edited by SnakeBT6; 03-22-2017 at 07:14 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to SnakeBT6 For This Useful Post:
SpeedShift (03-23-2017)
post #23 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBT6 View Post
Good review.

Ive got the same car with 23k miles on it. (I use premium gas and dont run a catch can)

Cant say ive had any issues with the trunk coming down on me.

I Live in NYC and use the car year round on the weekends and for road trips. The car gets alot of looks (mines silver with black stripes) and thumbs up. Many European tourists ask about it.

Also driven in some light snow at times (New Years in Saratoga Springs) and didnt have any issues.

It been a great car. Ive maintained well and its treated me right.

No complaints.
Cool, I hardly see any Challengers out here in nyc. I have only seen EXACTLY one other scat pack so far on the road. I actually appreciate that, I love being the oddball. Too many Mustangs, Camaros and WRXs out there.... BORING!!

Can I ask why you don't have a catch can? Everybody seems to get one from day one. In fact, I'm waiting for mine to ship as we speak.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 R/T Scat Pack, 6M - Go Mango
"shitstick"

post #24 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 05:12 PM

wtf regular gas? doesnt the car run like garbage? 17 in the city is good I am getting 16mpg average and I had a S4 also it wouldnt consume as much as gas and it takes less to fill up. I am spending more on gas now...
post #25 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyivan View Post
Cool, I hardly see any Challengers out here in nyc. I have only seen EXACTLY one other scat pack so far on the road. I actually appreciate that, I love being the oddball. Too many Mustangs, Camaros and WRXs out there.... BORING!!

Can I ask why you don't have a catch can? Everybody seems to get one from day one. In fact, I'm waiting for mine to ship as we speak.

I dont see that many either.

Maybe its just me but I figured if Dodge wanted it to have one it would be on there..Im sure ill be flame'd for 200 posts but its just my thoughts on it.

Car runs great and I dont worry about it.

Last edited by SnakeBT6; 03-22-2017 at 07:17 PM.
post #26 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 08:19 PM

Quote:

Maybe its just me but I figured if Dodge wanted it to have one it would be on there..Im sure ill be flame'd for 200 posts but its just my thoughts on it.

HAHAHA.... yes, saying that about a catch can on here is blasphemy

I was actually on the Belt Parkway in Brooklyn with an SRT392, too bad there was traffic at the time.

Seeing an SRT392 in person makes me want to get a set of 275s for my SP. The stock 245s are way too skinny for these cars! TBH, staggered would be best even though it hampers tire rotation.
post #27 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 10:12 PM

Quote:

Dodge is a company.

It wants you to get a new car every year, why do would you trust Dodge with what it wants vs. what you want.

2016 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack 392
Jazz Blue, A8, Driver Convenience Group
post #28 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by praiseV8 View Post
Dodge is a company.

It wants you to get a new car every year, why do would you trust Dodge with what it wants vs. what you want.
Sure, all car companies want us to buy new cars frequently but they are also engineering and building their cars to last as long as possible with minimal problems and it's true some accomplish this better than others. I was in the parts supply business to Chrysler and GM and their sub-suppliers for over 30 years so I know this to be true from personal experience. I won't argue the benefits of a catch can but it does seem like a gimmick and would agree that if the car company engineers really believed that they were necessary for long term durability or performance, the cars would come equiped with them from the factory.

2016 Challenger Jazz Blue SRT 392 6M (1 of 25 2016 build configurations sold in the US)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo White 5.7 HEMI 4x4 Trail Rated 2 speed transfer case
2010 Chrysler 300 Signature Series Black 3.5L V6 (wife's car)
Some previous rides:
1969 Dodge Dart Swinger 340CI 4M Red with Black vinyl top white stripe around trunk and rear fenders
1966 Dodge Coronet 500 383CI police interceptor 3A White with black vinyl top
The Following User Says Thank You to billzsrt392 For This Useful Post:
nvoges (03-23-2017)
post #29 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 04:50 AM

I drain my catch can every 6 mos (my oil change interval) and it's always 3/4 full. Glad that oil is not in my intake!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'12 SRT/A5 Blue Streak Pearl (every option, minus sunroof) w Corsa Extreme Catback, Speedlogix 90MM Throttle Body, Speedlogix '392' Catch Can, Petty's Garage SRT Double Strut Tower Brace, K&N Air Filter, Trinity Tune and DRLs activated
'13 RT/Plus 6M Sold
'07 Club Car Precedent w/ 500 amp controller, Plum Quick Executioner motor
post #30 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billzsrt392 View Post
Sure, all car companies want us to buy new cars frequently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzsrt392 View Post
They are also engineering and building their cars to last as long as possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > 6.4L / 392ci (2011 - ?)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode