Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2015 SRT Challenger Information Thread

73K views 255 replies 57 participants last post by  Intense 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys,

I'm making another thread to highlight some of the fun stuff about the SRT. I made one for the Scat Pack and I plan to make one for the R/T. I have seen SO MUCH about the Hellcat but the SRT is missing a lot of highlighting.

The point of this thread is for people to have their questions answered. I will update the first post as they get answered. Post pictures, post comments, post questions. Post away!

Q: What is the base price for a SRT Challenger?
A:
The base price for the SRT is $44,995 ($42,691 invoice)

Q: Can you order a 2015 SRT right now?
A:
Yes! It is available right now! B5 Blue and Tri-coat Red are late availability

Q: What engine is in the SRT?
A:
As in Previous years the SRT
offers a 6.4L 392 Hemi Engine. This has been used previously in the SRTs from prior years. It boasts 485 HP with 475 LB/FT of Torque. It can propel the car to 60 MPH in the mid 4 second range.

Q: What wheel options are available on the SRT?
A:
See the photo below. At this time I do not know of other options available.

Q: What size are the SRT wheels?
A:
They are 20x9.5

Q: What is the standard equipment on the SRT?
A:
See the list I compiled below (It only lists options that aren't standard across the board)
180 MPH Speedo
18 SPEAKERS PREMIUM AUDIO SYSTEM (RGE)
1-YR. SIRIUSXM RADIO SERVICE (X9B)
20X9.5 SRT HYPER BLACK FORGED WHEELS (WLJ
220 AMP ALTERNATOR (BAJ)
230MM REAR AXLE (DR4)
275/40ZR20 ALL SEASON PERF TIRES (TW8)
3.90 REAR AXLE RATIO (DMT)
6.4L HEMI BADGE (MGT)
8.4" TOUCHSCREEN DISPLAY (RFL)
ADAPTIVE DAMPING (SMC)
ANTI-LOCK 4-WHL DISC 6 PISTON BRAKES (BR7
ANTI-SPIN DIFFERENTIAL REAR AXLE (DSA)
BLACK GRILLE WITH BEZEL (MFF)
BLIND SPOT AND CROSS PATH DETECTION (XAN)
CONFIGURABLE DRIVE MODE (XHK)
DELETE SPARE TIRE (TBF)
DOOR TRIM PANEL W/AMBIENT LIGHTING (CBR)
DUAL REAR EXHAUST W/BRIGHT TIPS (NER)
ENGINE - 6.4L V8 SRT HEMI ENGINE (ESH)
FOG LAMPS (LNJ)
FUNCTIONAL HOOD SCOOP (MGB)
GVW RATING - 5300# (Z1E)
HARMAN KARDON GREENEDGE AMP (RDH)
HEATED FRONT SEATS (JPM)
HEATED STEERING WHEEL (NHS)
HECTIC MESH INTERIOR ACCENTS (XSB)
HIGH INTENSITY DISCHARGE HEADLAMPS (LMP)
HIGH PERFORM SUSPENSION (SDX)
INSTR. PANEL SRT DESIGN BEZEL (JBN)
LEATHER TRIM SEATS (CDM)
LEATHER WRAPPED SHIFT KNOB (CVW)
LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL (SCC)
PARKVIEW(TM) REAR BACK-UP CAMERA (XAC)
PERFORMANCE SHIFT INDICATOR (LA7)
PIRELLI BRAND TIRES (TZP)
POWER MULTI-FUNCTION F/AWAY MIRRORS (GU4)
POWER TILT/TELESCOPE STEERING COLUMN (SUB
PREM LEATHER TRIMMED BUCKET SEATS (*UL)
REAR BODYCOLOR SPOILER (MXX)
RED BRAKE CALIPERS (XSP)
SEVERE DUTY II ENGINE COOLING (XDL)
SRT BADGE (MTV)
SRT PERFORMANCE INFORMATION (JAV
SRT TRACK EXPERIENCE (XPY)
TRANSMISSION - 6-SPEED MANUAL TREMEC TRANSMISSION (DEC)
VENTILATED FRONT SEATS (CAJ)

Q: What are the options available on the SRT?
A: Look at the list below

8-SPD AUTO HP70 (DFK) $1400 ($1246)

275/40ZR20 TIRES (TN2) $395 ($352) (Summer High Performance Tires)

ENGINE BLOCK HEATER (NHK) $95 ($85)

FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET (MDA) N/C

POWER SUNROOF (GWA) $1195 ($1064)

RED SEAT BELTS (CGQ) $95 ($85) (n/a with Black/Sepia interior)

TECHNOLOGY GROUP (ADG) $195 ($174) (with manual trans)
TECHNOLOGY GROUP (ADG) $995 ($886) (with auto trans trans)
includes:
- ADAPTIVE SPEED CONTROL (NHP) (with auto trans only)
- AUTO HIGH BEAM HEADLAMP CONTROL (LMS)
- FORWARD COLLISION WARNING (LSS)
- RAIN SENSITIVE WINDSHIELD WIPERS (JHC)

TWIN BLACK CENTER STRIPES $595 ($530)
(M/H PAU OR PRY OR PR3 OR PSC OR PW7 colors)

TWIN SILVER CENTER STRIPES $595 ($530)
(M/H PAU OR PRY OR PR3 OR PW7 OR PX8 colors)

UCONNECT 8.4AN AM/FM/SXM/HD/BT/NAV (RA4) $695 ($619)

Q: What colors are available for the SRT?
A:
Regard the list and picture below

B5 BLUE PEARL COAT (PQD) (with black seats only) N/C (Late Availability)
BILLET SILVER METALLIC CLEAR (PSC) COAT N/C
BRIGHT WHITE CLEAR COAT (PW7) N/C
GRANITE CRYSTAL MET. CLEAR (PAU) COAT N/C
IVORY WHITE TRI-COAT PEARL (PWD) $500 ($445)
JAZZ BLUE PEARL COAT (PBX) N/C
PHANTOM BLACK TRI-COAT PEARL (PXT) $500 ($445)
PITCH BLACK CLEAR COAT (PX8) N/C
REDLINE RED TRI-COAT PEARL (PRY) $500 ($445) (Late Availability)
SUBLIME PEARL COAT (PFB) N/C (Black interior only)
TORRED CLEAR COAT (PR3) N/C

Q: What leather is available in the SRT?
A:
Two pictures below

Q: Is the hood scoop functional?
A:
Yes it is. It pushes more air into the engine compartment compared to the intakes of the lower models.

Q: What is the difference between the SRT and the Scat Pack?
A:
Think of the Scat Pack as the SRT Core with more options offered than in past years. The SRT stock gives you more options standard than the Scat Pack. It is most noticeable in the interior where you get leather standard as well as a higher quality sound system. You also have the option to get Laguna leather in many more tones than is available for the lower models.

For the SRT you also get the adjustable suspension and the SRT Performance pages (with more options than the SP Performance Pages). Other than that I do not see very much that is different. The biggest thing it offers is the ability to get many of the hellcat options in a smaller engine package.

MORE INFORMATION TO FOLLOW. IN THE MEANTIME ASK QUESTIONS, ADD INFO, HELP MAKE THE THREAD GREAT!

See less See more
#2 ·
It would be great to see the items that are "exclusive to the SRT only" & not available on other models!!

Like to see "definitively" what sets it apart from the other 392 models!

Great work by you for the Scat Pack thread as well..

Ellis

#3 ·
OK thanks. I'll do some research and update the thread later today

#7 ·
SRT. VS. scatpack please, and base prices.....

#8 ·
The SRT hood opening is supposed to be functional? I have yet to find a pic of the underside of it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#9 ·
I'll look for a good breakdown or I'll manually compare.

The SRT is, unfortunately, getting the least amount of press.

I also just updated the main post with leather and with the functional hood scoop question. Yes it works.

#14 ·
Decision....Decisions....Decisions....

I'm on the fence of either a nicely loaded SP 392 Shaker or an SRT 392.
Priced out the SP is ~3-4k cheaper depending on the shaker option cost. Add the SP appearance option and it's even closer. The SRT has a nicer stereo, bigger brakes, different suspension options, wider tires(pirellis vs Goodyear).

Are those things worth the price difference? That's where I'm at.

#15 ·
I'm on the fence of either a nicely loaded SP 392 Shaker or an SRT 392.
Priced out the SP is ~3-4k cheaper depending on the shaker option cost. Add the SP appearance option and it's even closer. The SRT has a nicer stereo, bigger brakes, different suspension options, wider tires(pirellis vs Goodyear).

Are those things worth the price difference? That's where I'm at.

Yeah me too. I was all set on a fully loaded shaker, I like the old school look of the shaker better. But, I think you will get better content and performance in a SRT....I'm really starting to lean toward a SRT, then adding a shaker setup to it. The suspension,wheels and brakes are a big draw to me and would be much more difficult and expensive to upgrade later.

#17 ·
SRT 392 Active Exhaust

Does the SRT 392 have some form of "active exhaust" like the Hellcat and SP's?

Thanks.

#18 ·
Is the black/ivory interior available on a sublime? If not now, when?

#19 ·
TECHNOLOGY GROUP (ADG) includes:
- ADAPTIVE SPEED CONTROL (NHP) (with auto trans only)
- AUTO HIGH BEAM HEADLAMP CONTROL (LMS)
- FORWARD COLLISION WARNING (LSS)
- RAIN SENSITIVE WINDSHIELD WIPERS (JHC)

Does this add the radar sensor even on the manual transmission (for forward collision warning)? Or is it only required for the adaptive speed control?

#21 ·
I also was all set for a highly optioned SP Shaker but now I'm kinda digging the new air scope on the SRT (which also has the flatten bottom on steering wheel). The only draw back seems to be on the SP Shaker is the wait and on the SRT is the UGLY wheels!!!

I would like really to go with the SRT but don't think I can handle those wheels!!!!!!!!! ARGGGGG Don't know what to do now. I would hate to spend the money to change the wheels on a brand new high-end car.

I wonder if the dealer would swap wheels off a 14 SRT?? Didn't they change the tire size for 15?

#25 ·
Ooops.

You're probably right. I was going off of previous years (chargers) which didn't have the forward collision warning.

Maybe they are like the parking sensors? It's entirely possible that the sensor is still there even with a manual

#28 ·
I'm with you on that Bones!!

I can handle the wp3 wheels much better. I think I have decided not let the wheels stop me on the SRT but will have to do something down the road about them. The rest of the car is just too nice and set up the way I like it.

The sound system on the SRT looks like it has 2 subs in the trunk?? I know there are lot more speakers anyone seen this??

I still like the SP and shaker hood but scoop on the SRT is pretty smooth. People might even think your are a Hell Cat and run for the hills Whahahha.

#30 ·
I'll take the SRT over the scat pack just get the laguna leather and the SRT hood. I'm sure the SRT suspension is nicer, but I really want the laguna leather, in sepia. I've found that the interior is what is most important to me, since I sit in a 45 minute commute, twice a day, 5 days a week. Comfort at that point, is everything.

But I also want to walk up to my car after work and be impressed every time, and I really like the SRT hood. The wheels on the other hand, so far, not my favorite. Have to see them in person, but I prefer my current 2011 SRT wheels from what I've seen.

I'm not buying until next Spring, so maybe somethings will change between now and then. We'll see, but so far, based on just MSRP, and since the A8 doesn't have a gas guzzler anymore, its not really going to cost me much more than what I paid for my 2011 to get into a new 2015 SRT. That is quite a nice surprise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.