Dodge Challenger Forum banner

392 kills thread (post your stories here)

278K views 992 replies 199 participants last post by  My392Core17 
#1 ·
I love the R/T Kills thread so here's one for us 392'ers.

WRX Kill: I see this Suby weaving in and out of traffic behind me like the typical A-hole. He finally get's past all the traffic and ends up at a light next to me. We both had our windows down, I'm looking over toward him to give a friendly acknowledgement/comment, etc. His eye's are locked in to the light, light turns green and he nails it I roll easy into 1st, as it's not an STI so I'm not worried, he had almost a car length when he jumped at the light but by the time I hit 2nd, I was already ahead of him, by the end of 2nd gear he was about 12 car lengths behind.

I was pretty amazed at how much distance I put on him so quickly, I know it's no match to the 392 Hemi but damn!

Other than a bunch of ricer kills and scaring off Mustangs :) that's all I got that's close to "story" worthy.

Let's hear your kills!

#2 ·
I just noticed this, is your paint really the flecked brilliant black?

Nice kills by the way... :)

#3 · (Edited)
I just noticed this, is your paint really the flecked brilliant black?

Nice kills by the way... :)
Ya his 2009 should be Brilliant Black but his 2012 should be Pitch Black........ saw that too.

I have a couple of kill stories.....some I'll tell about, some I wont........... :5:

#5 · (Edited)
This was just this week, and maybe not a pure "kill", but funny to me. Picture a two lane long highway entrance ramp, with a left lane entering from a left turn stoplight and the right side from merge with a small curve. I'm coming from the right and casually rolling into the right lane and I spot a bright yellow Camaro coming on from the left turn. (side note: some reason 99% of Camaros around here are yellow it seems). Some young girl in the Camaro gives me a sh*tty "look at me go" smirk and steps on it like she intends to get onto the highway before me. Not happening. I don't consider myself an aggressive driver, but I have a short fuse for disrespect. End of story, she got a good look at my sweet Hurst badge disappearing into the distance and the sound of a 392 at WOT. :saythat:

#9 ·
I used to get challenged all the time in my RT.

I've had my SRT for 2 months and have about 1600 miles on it, and have not gotten challenged once in it.

Trying to figure out why. . . it is almost identical in appearance to my RT, except for the ominous SRT badges and 392 fender badges.

Wondering if that is scaring people off or if its just coincidence?

I DO get tons of Mustangs that will see me from a distance, gun it to catch up to me, and right when they are close enough to see my badges, they back off in haste. And I mean, hit the brakes and file themselves behind another vehicle. That happens almost daily. It's pretty weird.

#10 ·
I love when threat happens. In my rt, the mustangs would challenge, or rev me up, at every stop light. In the 392, they won't even get close to me. Almost the identical experience you are having.

Did beat an pretty upgraded ls1 camero and a bunch of 5.0's and Mach 1 mustangs at the track last weekend as well as a ford lightning.

Lost to a twin turbo fox body gt mustang by about 2 feet and to a super charged 6.1 challenger, which was also purple. He beat me by less than a car length. That thing sounded scary. Amazing sound coming from that super charged Hemi.

#11 ·
Dittos on the "used to in my RT" thing. We have a certain Blvd here in my town that gets the kinda traffic that lends itself to challenges. I don't get challenged anymore or rarely compared to when I was drivin the RT. I'm not going to get into those "rare" occasions here, but suffice it to say.......there's been some killin ................ :5:

Here's a couple of kills I will talk about though. Unfortunately it's been other Challengers that have been kilt. I have time slips to for these but pics will suffice.

CF4 race-001 by vichris08, on Flickr

IMG_0439-001 by vichris08, on Flickr

#12 · (Edited)
only raced the IE twice in the 2+ years i've had it.

(1) beat a murdered out cammed LS2 CTS-V the following day i drove it home from Dallas on my way to the taco truck....

from a 38mph punch, he was at my bumper at 110mph....

(2) then my buddy dooshed me with his heads/cam FBO 6.1 SRT300C...

from a 45 roll he beat me by 2 cars to 120mph.....

i typically stay out of races because 95% of the time i'm driving the IE, it's on the weekends when i have my wife and kids in the car with me......

#13 ·
I was at the road course last weekend (MSRH).

I tore up 2 supra turbos on one straight, pulled probably 10 different camaros.

I had a supercharged Cherokee SRT8 pull me on one straight, but not badly (he claims 1000 WHP), and a Z06 pulled on me.

Not too bad for a BONE stock 392 on a road course.

#14 ·
I have had a couple 5.0s coming at me and a Camaro ss. the SS was no problem we did a rolling start from the light, he punched it as did i. he was next to me for less than a second.
Had a 5.0 with some kid driving race up to me in town. sounded like he hollowed the cats. we were in 2nd and he kept lurching to egg me on. I punched it and it felt like my car had something to prove. Straight up roasted him. i slowed down (never getting out of second). about 2 seconds later he comes roaring past... I need to knock that off, going to get arrested one of these days.

#15 ·
Had a 5.0 with some kid driving race up to me in town. sounded like he hollowed the cats. we were in 2nd and he kept lurching to egg me on. I punched it and it felt like my car had something to prove. Straight up roasted him. i slowed down (never getting out of second). about 2 seconds later he comes roaring past... I need to knock that off, going to get arrested one of these days.
All of this "roasting" happened with you never leaving second gear? :scratchhead:

#19 ·
short and sweet-- a new ss camero went down, and a harley davidson lol- i was surprised on the HD one. but hd's are slow-- lol

#21 ·
hd's are slow-- lol

Not by 1957 standards, and it is pretty much the same bike!

I used to love taking 600SS bikes with the cobra. You could see their eyes bulging. LOL

I'm not sure if the Challenger could take one.

I did take an R1 from a 40 roll (in the cobra). He obviously couldnt ride!

#20 ·
Roasted a Boss 302 Mustang

So here is the best story I got, leaving the drag strip one night on my way home. Still had the adrenaline pumping from the day of racing. A blue Mustang 5.0 Boss 302 runs up on my tail from about 1/8 mile behind me. We meet at a stop light. He is revving his rpm's at me and i just pretend to ignore him. Light turns green. I punch it and feel my drag radials kick in as the car pushes me back in my seat. His 302 Boss starts going sideways left and right like he can't keep it straight. I murder him by many car lengths by the time I get to 80 MPH. I would say at least 7 car lengths. He follows me to the next light. We do it again. Again I leave him in the dust. Then the same story happens at a third light, only this time he wasnt going sideways. (I guess he was learning how to launch). Still smoked him. By this time I am like "Dude, give this up!" After the third light I give him a respectful nod while I let him pass me. People say the mustangs are faster than us, and can do zero to sixty in 4 seconds flat, but im not buying it. Every time I beat a mustang (Shelby's included, but not the new 662 HP monster) people say it was a "bad driver" as an excuse. I prefer racing at the track but I couldnt let this Boss 302 mustang show me up. Its my weakness. Dont take this as me hating mustang drivers, I have friends that own mustangs and I used to own one myself. I just think most people really dont understand Mopar, especially the capabilities of a stock 392.

#22 · (Edited)
No bragging rights here but beat a new v6 mustang by multiple car lengths. From a dig he kept up for a solid 2 seconds then BYE BYE.
Also an 11 392 with 18 inch nt05r's with 91 tune, catback, and cai

I raced a mustang 5.0 boss lookalike with boss headers, intake and tune and he beat me by 2 tenths. But I was HEAAAAT SOAKED!
Then raced him a second time and had him by a fender then i missed second >:0 I'm stock except mufflers. Woulda been CLOSE if he was stock.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#23 ·
I raced a mustang 5.0 boss lookalike with boss headers, intake and tune and he beat me by 2 tenths. But I was HEAAAAT SOAKED!
Then raced him a second time and had him by a fender then i missed second >:0 I'm stock except mufflers. Woulda been CLOSE if he was stock.
Time for a tune, CAI and a short throw Hurst with the G&K throw rod.

I watch a LOT of 5.0s run at my track. We have poor DA most of the time. If stock - none of them have yet to break into the 12's - all low 13's.

A fellow CT member testing out new DRs on his 392 M6 went heads up against a 5.0 M6 and ripped him 12.7x to 13.2x. Made my entire week.

Reactions: Elwood617
#27 ·
This happened when I owned the 2006 Charger SRT....I took my then 15 yr old son to the local mall to get some batteries for some game he had....As we were leaving I pulled up to the light exiting the mall and look in my rear view and see a red GTO coming up behind me followed by a Vanilla Magnum...the light turns and I slowly pull out trying not to bottom out going over the hump to get on the street...I get over it an accel ahead..looking back I see the GTO taking his time over the hump...once he clears I see him rapidly accel up to me...I tell my son that I bet that Goat behind us is looking for a race..

He passes me but slows down to match my speed...I keep back just acting like I didn't notice..about 2 miles and we come up to a red light..the left lane has another car stopped at the light so the GTO pulls into the right lane in front of me. As we are sitting at the light I tell my son to get ready...he is about to see some action...sure enough the GTO pops the clutch and smoke boils from his tires....he hits second and spins the tires again with smoke...at 75 ft I turn on my signal...at 100 ft I make a right turn onto the street leading to my house...yeah, blew that goat away...beat him home....
.......I take my races to the track...too much to go wrong on a public street...

#31 ·
#34 ·
#36 · (Edited)
Last night a 2500 Silverado turbo diesel tried me.

Raced up to my, I peddled some to see if he bites, he did, I goosed it and bye bye. I'm a Couple cars ahead now and I see his exhaust coming out for about 3 seconds meaning he's on it. I punch it and as soon as he gets next to me it starts to pull, I easily pulled away.

Scared some kids in a v6 Camaro one night at a light because they were looking at the car too hard. Light turn green and I spun the tires for 2 seconds. Man if yall would have heard this guy scream like a little girl.LOL

#38 ·
Scared some kids in a v6 Camaro one night at a light because they were looking at the car too hard. Light turn green and I spun the tires for 2 seconds. Man if yall would have heard this guy scream like a little girl.LOL

Kids in V6 camaros are the WORST. Thank you for doing that .

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#39 ·
#44 ·
Finally had one today. I was leaving for work and was driving on my private runway that leads to my office when I spotted a car coming up pretty fast. It was, and don't laugh cause its no joke, a Huyandi Genesis spec R 5.0. We hit it at about 60 and went up to about 130 and I pulled on him pretty quick but ill tell you what that car will embarrass a lot of vehicles. He kept with me about 4-5 car lengths back. When I googled it that thing has like 450 hp!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#48 ·
a Huyandi Genesis spec R 5.0.
429 HP V8. 13.6 @ 104 in the 1/4 mile. If one got the jump on you from a dig it would take a long time to reel him in. From a roll no problem.

If they put that mill in the coupe - watch out - Mustang 5.0 beater.

Reactions: Cobey Warren
#45 ·
Reactions: Madcoder
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.