Dodge Challenger Forum banner

392 kills thread (post your stories here)

279K views 992 replies 199 participants last post by  My392Core17 
#1 ·
I love the R/T Kills thread so here's one for us 392'ers.

WRX Kill: I see this Suby weaving in and out of traffic behind me like the typical A-hole. He finally get's past all the traffic and ends up at a light next to me. We both had our windows down, I'm looking over toward him to give a friendly acknowledgement/comment, etc. His eye's are locked in to the light, light turns green and he nails it I roll easy into 1st, as it's not an STI so I'm not worried, he had almost a car length when he jumped at the light but by the time I hit 2nd, I was already ahead of him, by the end of 2nd gear he was about 12 car lengths behind.

I was pretty amazed at how much distance I put on him so quickly, I know it's no match to the 392 Hemi but damn!

Other than a bunch of ricer kills and scaring off Mustangs :) that's all I got that's close to "story" worthy.

Let's hear your kills!

#588 ·
I live in Dubai, home of all types. So far, the list is this:

I rolled up to a light next to two Suby's who were revving each other, they didn't see me but sure did when they floored it at the drop of Green. They caught up at the next light and I've never seen so much disappointment.

I've had my 392 for about three weeks now.

3 Mustang GT
2 Suby
1 Camero
1 Corvette (pretty sure this was due to a crappy driver)
Several other ricers that I can't name..they seem the most eager to "race"

#589 ·
Mustangs, Mustangs and some Subarus and 1 M3

Once I past my engine break-in period and the weather warmed up a bit it seems like there have been a ton of people wanting to race. So many mustangs I have literally lost count. I am happy to say that the Beautiful and Beastly 392 has yet to lose!! :grin2:
The most notable mustangs have been somewhat later models. Around 2003 or so. There was a supercharged cobra that I flat out smoked and we went from a 30 roll and he blamed the loss on spinning his tires. However, he didn't want to make another run so that was that.
There was a newer, 2013 or 2014, cobra that I beat pretty good from a 30 roll. He really liked my car and took off his hat and said that the 392 is badass when we met at a light afterward.
Another 2003-ish mustang, I'm assuming supercharged, that actually stayed about a car length or so back until I hit 4th then it was over. He kept following me but I had already ate his lunch 3 times and wasn't going to just keep running him.
The best race by far was with a newer M3. Those things take off so quickly I thought he may smoke me. I was about 6 feet back from nose to nose then hit 4th and started gaining on him and would have taken the W but he hit the breaks. I'm counting that as a win because it was obvious I was going to pull it out.

Reactions: wasp392
#590 · (Edited)
Wrx sti

The best race story was against a Subaru.
It was about 3 weeks ago and I had been working late. I was driving home and was about 1/2 a mile from the house. I was stopped at a red light and had put the car in park. I do this because I want to extend the life of my breaks. Anyway, I was beat from a long day and the light had turned green and I forgot I had put the car in park. So I hit the gas and the engine revs pretty hard. Great timing though because just as I do it a Subaru WRX STI was passing me to go to the turning lane. As I pass him I yell out that it was an accident because I didn't want him thinking I was being obnoxious and just revving my engine.
I drove through the intersection and get a couple hundred feet past and I look back and see the Subaru speeding toward me. That thing sounded pretty badass with the turbo whistling pretty loud. Anyway he revved his engine and I decided I would go ahead and see what The Beast would do against it. So I put the car into my custom setting and revved back and it was on. It was pretty close until I hit 3rd and then it was over. Once I see the cars in my rear view I hit the breaks, which is how this part ended. Then we turned onto the loop that goes around the city. We hit it from a 30 roll and I have it from the beginning. I see him in my rear view fading pretty quick before I'm out of 3rd so I hit the breaks.
We get to a stop light and he asks what kind of car it is. I tell him that it is a Challenger. Then he asked what I've done to it. I told him other than exhaust its stock. I could tell from his look that he didn't believe me. That is fine with me. Just shows that these cars don't get the respect they deserve.

Reactions: elt2jv and wasp392
#591 ·
Just in the past week I smoked a Astin Martin V8 Vantage. I think he was pretty surprised that I walked around him as bad as I did. Then a few days later at a stop light with my girlfriend a new Roush stage 3 5.0 pulled up and it was on. We only went through 3rd but I was about a full car length a head of him. He was pretty cool at the next light. He looked confused as well until he saw the supercharged badge then I could see the light bulb come on. All in good fun!

#592 · (Edited)
Best story I got so far:

After work on my way home. Wide boulevard with 3 lanes each way + turn ins/outs, etc... I have my car in Sport mode to let the exhaust sing a bit. I'm driving aggressively, but nothing obnoxious, just winding it up a bit between shifts. First in line at a light. Green means GO so I'm doing my thing; not trying to set a new 0-60 best, but not taking it easy either. About to go from second to third when I realize some dude next to me in a newish Jag (didn't really catch the model, but 4 door type) is giving it all he's got trying to beat me. Took me a couple seconds to actually register what was happening (I was in my post-work happy place) but I punched it and easily caught up and held with him for a few seconds. Speed was quickly becoming an issue and the next light was coming up so I broke it off (I'll have some fun but I'm not going to be completely stupid about it) and let him reach the next red light first. Got separated in traffic after that.

Kind of a weak "kill" story, I know. Meh

#595 ·
I got my new wheels and rear tires installed today. After work I took the SRT out just to drive around and make sure I heard nothing rubbing or other noises and to get a few miles on the new setup. I am on my way home and stopped at a light on the outside of town and I notice a younger guy, around my age 30, in a C5 Z06. I wasn't sure if he was checking out the car of if he wanted to GO. So I took off a little slow but when I heard his engine whining I hit it and was so proud of my Mopar. Had the Vette behind the rear bumper before I was out of 3rd. I was far enough out when I hit 4th so I hit the breaks.>:):fight:

Reactions: Madcoder and TheQ!
#598 ·
I left the Kenly, NC I-95 Car Show today and a red Corvette (nothing special) was leaving the show at the same time. I estimate it was a 2013 or so. He proceeds to follow me on to I-95 and tailgate me pretty hard. As I get on I-95 heading North and he pulls up next to me revving. Oh wow! I think to myself! I slow down to about 30. He does the same and then off we go! I pulled him pretty hard till I backed off at a little over 140. He wouldn't even pull up beside me to give a thumbs up or nothing. I don't even taunt these guys but I sure do like beating those satin jacket wearing, don't change a thing on their car because it won't be original type of Corvette owners!

#600 ·
I had a 2007 Z51 6spd vette. Lost it to Hurricane Sandy. Nice car, but the Challenger is soon much more comfortable.
Can't wait to see how my SRT 6spd stacks up.

#602 ·
Here's a weird one. I was stopped at a light today in my bright white m6 scat pack- windows down listening to satellite radio rap, when a first generation murcielago pulls up next to me the driver asked if it was a hellcat or a "normal" one and I said it was an rt with the 392.

Dude revs his engine which sounded amazing. It's a long light that had just turned so I pushed the sport button and readied myself. I did a bit of a burn out and launched the thing and the lambo was right there but I pulled ahead a bit before we came to the next light which is roughly 1/8 of a mile.

Dude motioned that I should pull into the dunkin donuts so I did. We talked cars and he was shocked that it wasn't a hellcat. I joked with him that it had the "bigger engine"- showed it to him and talked about it over an ice coffee. We didn't even discuss his lambo until the end!!!

Checked my performance pages and I did a 0-60 in 3.8!!!

So funny. He told me about a 70 cuda he also has and how much of a piece of **** the lambo really is.

#605 ·
The one thing cool about a lambo is when they rev them up. That sound is very distinctive and way cool. Nice job laying the smack down on him!

#607 ·
mustang kill

So I've been building my car for the last three months and tonight was my FIRST time driving farther than the end of the driveway because the car is not quite finished..the exhaust is bailing wired up right now...anyway, take the fam for a little drive up the hiway to make sure everything is working properly. So we go about 10 miles and everything is working perfect, so we turn around and head back on a back road. We are just cruising, maybe 30, when about a quarter mile up ahead a mustang pulls out real slow and the driver looks up the road at us and then stomps on it and pulls out going the same direction we are, so I speed up to get right behind him. He keeps looking in his rearview and touching his brakes to turn on his sequential brake lights...at this point I'm a good 200 feet back, but matching his pace which is spirited for this back road. So we get back to the hiway and he nails it getting on the hiway, so I match him again. We come around a corner to a long straight stretch and see no traffic so drop the hammer and I can hear him going hammer down too...well, the SRT ate his lunch to 110, then I had to back out for an upcoming corner. He stayed about 200 feet behind me for a few miles until I turned off and he gave me a wave as he went by....damn I love this car!

#609 ·
I'd really like to run a 392 again. I raced one on the street and definitely had the upper hand in the race. My car is auto with 3:15s. I tried to flag him down for another run but he would not oblige. I'm guessing his car was manual and maybe got a bad start but, I was spinning really bad as well on my 285 BFGs.

-Alex

#610 ·
Hey Dom, where ya located at? I'm always down for a friendly run. :thumbsup:

#613 ·
#614 ·
Had two races today at highway speeds. First was a Mercedes E55 who came from way behind me. I could see him in my rear view darting in and out of cars to catch up. Once he was beside me we both hit it and I pulled away from him steadily until I was about 5-6 cars ahead then I stopped. He then stayed at least 7-8 car lengths behind me for the next 10 minutes till I got off.

On my way home I had an Audi S5 lowered with exhaust and who knows what else under the hood challenge me. Again I pulled 5-6 cars on him and slowed down. He then proceeded to do the ricer flyby.

This SRT is a pretty impressive car!

#615 ·
Had two races today at highway speeds. First was a Mercedes E55 who came from way behind me. I could see him in my rear view darting in and out of cars to catch up. Once he was beside me we both hit it and I pulled away from him steadily until I was about 5-6 cars ahead then I stopped. He then stayed at least 7-8 car lengths behind me for the next 10 minutes till I got off.

On my way home I had an Audi S5 lowered with exhaust and who knows what else under the hood challenge me. Again I pulled 5-6 cars on him and slowed down. He then proceeded to do the ricer flyby.

This SRT is a pretty impressive car!
What year E55? Was it supercharged or the NA?

R.K.

#621 ·
Cars and Coffee fun.

I was at the local cars and coffee today and when I left this new Audi RS7 slowly passed me and shot me a rev before stopping for the red light. We both got on the highway and when it was clear up ahead we slowed down to about 60mph. I shifted into 3rd then he down shifted. I let him take the hit because he had a passenger. As my engine approached redline I picked up about a fender on him but I had to shift into 4th and lost half of what I gained. We took it to about 115mph and shut it down. 4th gear we where pretty even but I gained a little on him. We exchanged thumbs up and he took the next exit.
It's not really a kill but I'm just happy with the way my car performed. I looked up the specs on these RS7's and Car and Driver has them 0-60 in 3.4 seconds and 11.6 @ 123 mph.
Here is a pic of the car I took while at the show. The car is beautiful.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Executive car

#622 · (Edited)
Wrx Sti was weaving in and out of traffic to get up next to me earlier. Not sure what year, newer though.

We went from a 40 roll, so I started in 2nd, by the time I was near the top of 3rd I had a car length on him and was pulling away so I shut it down.

Gave each other the thumbs up and went or separate ways

#623 ·
Nice Kill! If you guys would have went through 4th gear, you would have put 2 more car lengths on him. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Madcoder
#625 ·
He could have been modded, he was lowered and murdered out etc..

Wouldn't be surprised if there were performance mods involved.

That said, we didn't go for very long and my 1 car length could have been conservative, the adrenaline was pumping lol- but I was walking away from him quickly when I shut it down, wasn't a point in continuing.

#626 ·
He could have been modded, he was lowered and murdered out etc..

Wouldn't be surprised if there were performance mods involved.

That said, we didn't go for very long and my 1 car length could have been conservative, the adrenaline was pumping lol- but I was walking away from him quickly when I shut it down, wasn't a point in continuing.

You have about the same chances of finding a stock STi as a Terminator Cobra. Such cars don't exist LOL.

R.K.

#627 · (Edited)
I'm sure I'll hear the doubters but I beat a sportbike the other day on the highway. We went from about 120kmh roll up to 230kmh before we shut it down. I only beat him by about a bike length but I was shocked as much as he was! Not sure what it was as he had no factory stickers or emblems on it. Had a big rear tire and a pipe as well as the rear fender removed. Was at least a 600cc. Nice bike. Like I said neither one of us could believe it!

#629 ·
Lol it wasn't a dirt bike or a 20 year old sportbike.

Maybe he was just a bad rider or too scared to push it to the max? I've owned bikes and cars for 25yrs and I can guarantee that it was at least a 600. I knew when I posted this that people would doubt me but I have no reason to lie. I beat him so I posted it in the kill section.

#630 ·
Top end on a modern 600cc sportbike is 170+mph. What they dont tell you is thats with a skilled lightweight rider. Put a 220lb rider on it and it might see 155mph. With a non skilled heavy rider yes your kill is believable.

#632 ·
Less than an hour after leaving Miami with my new Yellow Jacket, I encountered a red 392 SRT8 driving down alligator alley (long stretch of interstate connecting the east coast of Florida to the west coast, for those who don't know!). Anyways, my 392 is an automatic, because both my jobs are within 5 miles from my home and it's just easier for me, but this red 392 happened to be a young manual driver, most likely inexperienced. So driving down this interstate, the other guy flies up behind me and starts enticing a race. Ends up making me slow down to 40 in a 70, but a simple flip from sport to track suspension took me car lengths ahead. Didn't help the other guy that his shift times were terrible, but I commended his effort. Got plenty of kill stories of non-Challenger brethren, but this was the most memorable.

#636 ·
OK, not a kill story but I couldn't find a better place to post. About a week ago I was taking off normally from a light. No one in front, just open road. Guy in a black Camaro to my left in the left lane, I was in the middle of 3 lanes. As we took off, he started revving. I don't race on the street so I just gave him a head shake "no" and a thumbs up and continued accelerating normally. We were going maybe 30 or 40 and the road was damp from a previous rain anyway: not a good time to play even if that's your thing. Suddenly he nails it and fishtails back and forth. His left rear tire even goes off the left side of the road into the grass, throwing up some grass and dirt. I thought he was going to lose it but he somehow recovered. He drove real slow after that.

I wondered afterward, did he think my thumbs up meant "Yeah, I wanna race"? I was just complimenting him: his exhaust didn't sound stock. I did shake my head "no" when I gave the thumbs up and he didn't honk 3 times or anything. So I guess he was just showing off. But it did make me wonder: maybe I should have just shook my head and not given any other signal? I would think the universal acceptance of a race would be to rev back at him?

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.